Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for 2021???


Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

226 members have voted

  1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

    • Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
      0
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
      0
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:


Love Jon Allen, think he’s vastly underrated, but 17mil per year...erm I’m struggling with that.

 

As for Stafford for #19 plus our 2022 second rounder. I mean that’s a complete no-brainer, right?

 

You think thats bad, wait until we have to pay Chase Young in 4 years a contract pushing franchise QB numbers according to agent speculation. Lol

 

Its a good position from on field performance perspective and having guys on the cheap outperforming their contracts but sheesh, I wouldn't want to figure out how to balance our future cap.

 

I'm still going hard after Stafford.

 

 

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We need a QB who is at least somewhat mobile.

Because - according to a Puppet sitting on the NFL Network roundtable - who has never been wrong, by the way - the league is going the way of the running QB.

This year, there were 126 rushing TD's by QB's - more than ever - and almost 50 more than last year.

Maybe it's born from necessity due to DLmen becoming faster and more athletic. But I think we should listen to the puppet, for once. And go with the QB with some legs.

Doesn't have to be Michael Vick - but he gotta have some moves

 

Who?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jericho said:

 

I'd add Heath Shuler to the list as a potential elite QB. Top QB off the board at # 3 overall. So 0-2

 

My point was in the context of swinging for the fences to get one.  Besides Shuler being like 50 million years ago, it did not take an aggressive move to get him, he just was there at our pick.  If for example we were picking #2 this draft and took Fields that wouldn't be example of being aggressive.   If we traded up to #2 from 19 to get him now that would be aggressive. 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Agree, we should be forcing the issue.

 

Unless Stafford has said he has no interest in playing here.

 

Yeah that's odd. Unless our coaches really don't think that much of Stafford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

 

Yeah that's odd. Unless our coaches really don't think that much of Stafford. 


well I’m convinced we have a plan, just have no idea what that is...:ols:...

 

hard to believe we wouldn’t go after him, but you never know, thought we’d have had more tangible information by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Yeah that's odd. Unless our coaches really don't think that much of Stafford. 

 

I was waiting to hear from anyone outside of Fowler about whether WFT had interest in Stafford -- finally got one, Keim said in one of his recent podcasts he heard they are interested in Stafford. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Do people just automatically write off Heinicke, exclusively for the fact that he's a UDFA ?

McVay and the Rams are very close to making UDFA Wolford their starter over Goff

 

HAHA! 

 

I knew it. I KNEW you were going to go straight back to the Heinicke well! I just wanted to confirm. Thank you, please feel free to proceed.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

HAHA! 

 

I knew it. I KNEW you were going to go straight back to the Heinicke well! I just wanted to confirm. Thank you, please feel free to proceed.

 

I was not responding to your question.

You'll see that I posted simultaneously as you, and did not quote you.

It's completely unrelated and irrelevant.

 

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

 

Unless Carolina is offering 8, I don't see them as a destination.  They play in a tough division and are rebuilding.  This tweet fits in nicely with my theory that Stafford wants to win and wants to avoid the AFC (currently home to elite QBs of Maholmes, Herbert, Allen, Lamar, Watson (for now) and good QBs of Carr, Mayfield, Lawrence (will be elite), Tannehill).  

 

The NFC only has Rodgers, Wilson, and Brady as elite QBs, and Brady might hand them up after next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Do people just automatically write off Heinicke, exclusively for the fact that he's a UDFA ?

McVay and the Rams are very close to making UDFA Wolford their starter over Goff

 

Nothing cooler than having the answer in house.   We'd all love it.   But it surprises me how little stock some give to Rivera on this.  At least at the moment, all indications are that he's going head first to find a Qb or at a minimum he isn't satisfied with what he has in house.  If it doesn't play out that way and Rivera says don't believe the hype, Heinicke has been the one all off season then good enough for me. 

 

It would be like a buddy introducing his girlfriend to me, I spent a half day hanging out with her.  Then later on he tells me she's not the one.  But I go dude trust me, you are wrong she is the one.  And he hits me back dude I've dated her for 2 years, you spent 4 hours with her, trust me i know.   

 

And if it plays out the way it seems to be headed where they just see him as a backup.  Then that's fine for me, how can I argue with them on it?  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I was not responding to your question.

You'll see that I posted simultaneously as you, and did not quote you.

It's completely unrelated

 

How is it completely unrelated? You clearly think he's the guy, and he's a pretty mobile dude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Nothing cooler than having the answer in house.   We'd all love it.   But it surprises me how little stock some give to Rivera on this.  At least at the moment, all indications are that he's going head first to find a Qb or at a minimum he isn't satisfied with what he has in house.  If it doesn't play out that way and Rivera says don't believe the hype, Heinicke has been the one all off season then good enough for me. 

 

It would be like a buddy introducing his girlfriend to me, I spent a half day hanging out with her.  Then later on he tells me she's not the one.  But I go dude trust me, you are wrong she is the one.  And he hits me back dude I've dated her for 2 years, you spent 4 hours with her, trust me i know.   

 

And if it plays out the way it seems to be headed where they just see him as a backup.  Then that's fine for me, how can I argue with them on it?  

Long way around but I love the analogy..........let's see what the staff does and trust them to find the way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

No, I did not say he's the guy.

I said, don't write him off.

Does it have to be one super extreme, or the other ? Imagine it somewhere in between

 

This coming from the guy who said that Heinicke outplayed Tom Brady and that after that game, this thread should have been closed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...