Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

If the staff won't give Heinicke a shot to start then I hope they're getting Stafford without giving up a 1st. He was my Plan A before Heinicke balled out. But I'm still hoping they bring in a second tier started and have a true camp battle. 

If the staff won't give Heinicke a shot to start then I hope they're getting Stafford without giving up a 1st. He was my Plan A before Heinicke balled out. But I'm still hoping they bring in a second tier started and have a true camp battle.

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We get it dude. What's your plan B?

I'm poking fun. I've been getting 504, 503, 502s all day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Mexican said:

C'mon man, you know what I'm getting at.

A considerable amount of QBs that rack up lots of yards play indoors. Or at least under decent weather.

That success rarely transfers over to the new team playing outdoors in the North East.

Yup. Manning didn't win a SB in Denver after playing for Colts. 

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

What do you think the price tag as far a trading picks would be to get him to the WFT, SIP? 

Depending on the national reporter, either a first and change or a 2nd and change.

I wonder if it could be a 2nd and a player.   The problem is I think there might be competiton for him. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Depending on the national reporter, either a first and change or a 2nd and change.

I wonder if it could be a 2nd and a player.   The problem is I think there might be competiton for him. 

I’d think that is rebuilding would prefer picks over players.  Wouldn’t make sense for them to take on someone like Settle only for him to become a FA in 22.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1st and a 3rd has also been floating around too. No need to trade a player with that scenario. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

2nd and change would be nice.  

1 hour ago, zskins said:

1st and a 3rd has also been floating around too. No need to trade a player with that scenario. 

That's why I used the player scenario with the 2nd rounder versus the first. 

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

I’d think that is rebuilding would prefer picks over players.  Wouldn’t make sense for them to take on someone like Settle only for him to become a FA in 22.

They can resign him.  Their defense is horrerndous.  Getting an established young D lineman you'd figure would be intriguing.  it's not like a 3rd round pick for example automatically yields a stud defender -- most third rounders flat out fail.  

But who knows.  We don't know if they are going to trade him.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I wouldn’t say whatever the price is.

But I’d say we need to look into it and get a feel for the roster and if the price is acceptable and if so get in on it.

But trading three firsts would crush us. That’s 3 five year contracts on rookie deals on (hopefully) good players out the window. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wouldn’t say whatever the price is.

But I’d say we need to look into it and get a feel for the roster and if the price is acceptable and if so get in on it.

But trading three firsts would crush us. That’s 3 five year contracts on rookie deals on (hopefully) good players out the window. 

I disagree. There is no way three mid firsts provide more impact than Watson. And we have cap room to build depth. 

I was listening to Sheehan's podcast.    Cooley has been pretty sharp on QBs over the years.  He was one of the only guys for example who though Josh Allen was the best Qb in that draft.   Thought Haskins would be a bust, etc.

Cooley's take on the QBs:

A.  Got no idea what will happen, things need to shake out

B.  He likes Stafford a lot.  He said if they just go Stafford and added a big time receiver -- the team would go far.

C.  Among the FA's he likes Rivers and Fitzpatrick.  He doesn't think Rivers is as good as Stafford but might be good enough

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I disagree. There is no way three mid firsts provide more impact than Watson. And we have cap room to build depth. 

I am with you on that, I'd give up the RG3 trade to land Watson.   Sheehan said it well on his last podcast, add Watson and this team would be one of the top SB contenders next season. 

The thing is I can't see how we can stop the Dolphins if they want him.  The Dolphins are a perfect match because the Texans can take either Tua or Fields/Wilson with the third pick in the draft and Miami has more capital to give up now.   We'd have to hope that Miami doesn't want to make that move. 

13 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Watson is a top 5 QB. It would be like if the RG3 trade worked out tremendously.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a good way to put it.  Watson is special.  I like Stafford but he's not an elite QB.  Watson IMO is elite.  

8 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

When he has a personality clash or gets injured and we give up a ridiculous amount of resources I better not hear anything about it. :ols:

He’s elite. That much I agree on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

When he has a personality clash

He’s gonna have a personality clash because...uhh...

My god you people will make a million excuses for scrubs like Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke but players who have proven themselves to play at a high level like Stafford or Watson? Nah we can’t have them.

• Like 2

Just now, JoggingGod said:

He’s gonna have a personality clash because...uhh...

My god you people will make a million excuses for scrubs like Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke but players who have proven themselves to play at a high level like Stafford or Watson? Nah we can’t have them.

You wanted Rivera exiled. Your opinion is generally what I steer opposite of.

• Like 1