Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Training Camp Discussion Thread

JSSkinz

I guess my hype train to start SDH (at WILL) and KPL (at SAM) may actually become a reality?  And it looks like they're planning to start Fuller on the outside too, which I've been campaigning for.  Love it.

Really encouraging to see Sweat continue to stand out.  I hope Chase can come back soon and earn the coaches' trust so that he has no limits once the season starts.

59 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Agreed man Apke too. I love that They didn’t just give Sean Davis the spot. 

Apke has some game. He doesn’t need to be a knock out safety like our boy ST. Apke could be a vital part of the defense with that speed. 

Glad to hear things are looking good for the Penn state guy..I've never had a safeties jersey haha

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I guess my hype train to start SDH (at WILL) and KPL (at SAM) may actually become a reality?  And it looks like they're planning to start Fuller on the outside too, which I've been campaigning for.  Love it.

Really encouraging to see Sweat continue to stand out.  I hope Chase can come back soon and earn the coaches' trust so that he has no limits once the season starts.

Why do I fear chase not starting week 1?...good stuff here man..so many players I'm very excited to see play this year

Thomas getting Joker packages? Wow, they really had some things in mind when they targeted him in FA.

How long until we start seeing articles about Thomas taking Haskins’ job?

Could be interesting in short yardage situations. If you can’t rely on your receiving core, severe misdirection is not the worst alternative.

It feels a bit dangerous how much they are putting on Logan tho. I remember when Reed was healthy (and admittedly our only real weapon) we would force feed that guy until he broke. TE is not a strength, I don’t want an entire core of walking wounded a.k.a. zombies as we have had in years past.

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Thomas getting Joker packages? Wow, they really had some things in mind when they targeted him in FA.

I suspect a lot of teams are looking at what the Saints have done and think... Boy would it be cool if we could do that. If Logan Thomas could turn into our  Taysom Hill and then Gibson becomes another Swiss Army knife, then D's are going to be pretty confused.

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm not sure how impressive it really is, but Young picked up that blocking dummy like it was a carton of milk.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hail yeah man..I'd go for that...its just unbelievable what this coach is getting out of the players opposed to the last coach 😒

The last HC was a clown. I was on record then, I feel even more strongly now.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Very awesome to hear about Mclaurin...

I personally would like to see us let Mclaurin take it light in some of these remaining practices. He's ready. His and Haskins chemistry is undoubtedly there. No need to risk injury. We need to let Haskins continue to develop more chemistry with these other WRs. 

Also I think if people are open to bringing in Earl Thomas, they should be open to bringing in Josh Gordon. I know Im in the minority,but I really wish we would bring him in. The first time he acts up, cut his ass with the quickness, and that's that. Also REALLY want Antonio Brown, but I know he's looking at a 8 game suspension. There's time left to see the other WRs develop, but by mid season, If we are getting limited production from our WRs,  I hope we sign Brown. I dont want our WR core to live and die by Mclaurin.

40 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Also I think if people are open to bringing in Earl Thomas, they should be open to bringing in Josh Gordon. I know Im in the minority,but I really wish we would bring him in. The first time he acts up, cut his ass with the quickness, and that's that. Also REALLY want Antonio Brown, but I know he's looking at a 8 game suspension. There's time left to see the other WRs develop, but by mid season, If we are getting limited production from our WRs,  I hope we sign Brown. I dont want our WR core to live and die by Mclaurin.

Gordan is currently serving an indefinite suspension. If you are scared of Brown’s suspension, you should be almost as afraid of Gordan’s. I think he will get re-instated if he joins a club, but thoughts have about as much value as week old brain mush.

Gordan has never been the level of crazy as Brown (his issue has always been drugs and life hardships) so I would be cool with bringing him into the fold. Rivera might be just the kind of person he needs in his life. It didn’t work out with the Patriots because people like Belichick are all about the team. There is little to no care for the individual. Its an awful place to go for “headcase” players due to that, which is evident by how hard they strike out with these types compared to other teams.  Ron by all accounts cares about the person and player, that is what someone with real problems needs.

Brown I wouldn’t touch with a 10 ft pole. Can’t even fit any more red flags on that guy.  

23 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think so. The ones which immediately come to mind for me (in no order) are:

The Hunt for Red October

Crimson Tide

A Few Good Men

Top Gun

Platoon

I’m sure I’m missing some obvious ones, but that’s what came to mind immediately.  

EDIT: While we’re on a slight tangent, I dare any fan of the team to watch this mashup set to the crimson tide soundtrack and not get a little choked up. 

Whenever Crimson Tide or A Few Good Men comes on, I catch at least twenty or so minutes of each.  Denzel when he says “now Cobb!” and his back and forth with Hackman.  And Nicholson’s speech in the court room.

Would Crimson Tide be a good name for this defense if it’s good?  Crimson is a kind of red and “tide” is defined as a powerful surge.

2 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

I personally would like to see us let Mclaurin take it light in some of these remaining practices. He's ready. His and Haskins chemistry is undoubtedly there. No need to risk injury. We need to let Haskins continue to develop more chemistry with these other WRs. 

We realy need a second wr...totally agree with everything here

2 hours ago, ntotoro said:

The last HC was a clown. I was on record then, I feel even more strongly now.

Yes he was

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

Whenever Crimson Tide or A Few Good Men comes on, I catch at least twenty or so minutes of each.  Denzel when he says “now Cobb!” and his back and forth with Hackman.  And Nicholson’s speech in the court room.

Would Crimson Tide be a good name for this defense if it’s good?  Crimson is a kind of red and “tide” is defined as a powerful surge.

A couple of years ago, I thought we should call our defense Burgundy Tide.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Dontrelle Inman is a huge specimen.

Inman? Please.

All i could focus on was how Sweat is a combination of Lurch and world famous Zombie Frankenstein

Dude is a legit monster. How does he exist?

Man looks like he is in the foreground when he is in the background.

Archived