Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let’s just address the elephant in the room: Should sports go on?

RichmondRedskin88

Yikes. Didn't want to post the full tweet because of language, but it's a video included. But here is the caption:

LSU LB Soni Fonua wearing his COVID face shield helmet: “I can’t ******* breathe under this thing!” Senior offensive lineman Austin Deculus: “It’s like breathing in a Ziploc bag.”

https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1289915984296337410

Just cancel college football if it comes to this. It's not worth it. 

The truth is the SEC could do it by themselves. There jus wouldnt be any bowl games, jus decide SEC champ.

Not that they should, but I can see them trying after giving up on everyone else. Its the SEC's world and the rest of college football jus lives in it.

My hope is when it fails, and it will because of the level of arrogance on display here, folks will ask themselves what they could've done differently. That should be interesting.

Families didn't want to send there kids to fight Nazi Germany, they many of them weren't coming back.

Hell, a lot of them were drafted into the military against their will.  This is so "we shouldnt be mining grand canyon for uranium" why are we even talking about this dumb different. 

Whats SEC gonna do if so many of their players stop playing from COVID damage it kills the talent pool and no one wants to play in the south anymore out of fear it will kill chances to get in NFL? That could happen if they go it alone.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't expect people like Lou Holtz to understand. I expect a lot of epically bad hot takes from more respected sports figureheads in the coming days/weeks

Take it with a grain of salt. They may actually believe this but they also are trained to put out controversial hot takes to "stay relevant" and get a rise out of people

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Families didn't want to send there kids to fight Nazi Germany, they many of them weren't coming back.

Hell, a lot of them were drafted into the military against their will.  This is so "we shouldnt be mining grand canyon for uranium" why are we even talking about this dumb different. 

Whats SEC gonna do if so many of their players stop playing from COVID damage it kills the talent pool and no one wants to play in the south anymore out of fear it will kill chances to get in NFL? That could happen if they go it alone.

First it's the south. On the wrong side of thinking since 1861. Second, it's hard to convince athletes who know about CTE not to play a sport that may have a negative effect on their long term health.

‘Risky’? Dolphins to allow up to 13,000 fans at home opener

No tailgating will be allowed

The Miami Dolphins will allow up to 13,000 socially distancing fans to attend their home opener against the Buffalo Bills on Sept. 20, a decision that divided political leaders and upset the visiting coach.

The same plan will be followed for the University of Miami’s home opener against UAB at the Dolphins’ stadium on Sept. 10.

Crowd size will be about 20% of the stadium’s 65,326-seat capacity, with the limitation imposed because of the coronavirus pandemic. Groups of spectators will be spaced 6 feet apart.

Fifteen of the NFL’s 32 teams have ruled out spectators to start the season. The Dolphins are one of at least eight teams hoping to have a limited number of spectators, and many teams haven’t announced plans.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Archived