Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

clskinsfan

there's something that stinks about all these Patriots opting out.

since when has anything happened with that team that wasn't brilliant, planned, filled with foresight and worked out so well that it revolutionized the way other teams do it?

yes this comment belongs in the conspiracy thread but until this ends up being bad for the Patriots I'm gonna keep believing that one team having about 60 percent of the total opt outs is part of some master plan we won't see until later when we're calling it another brilliant move by belichick.

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

there's something that stinks about all these Patriots opting out.

since when has anything happened with that team that wasn't brilliant, planned, filled with foresight and worked out so well that it revolutionized the way other teams do it?

yes this comment belongs in the conspiracy thread but until this ends up being bad for the Patriots I'm gonna keep believing that one team having about 60 percent of the total opt outs is part of some master plan we won't see until later when we're calling it another brilliant move by belichick.

Could be that some of these players have reached the pinnacle of the sport AND realize they will be without their GOAT QB. Three of them each have 3 rings. They're also on the other side of 30 when the virus can have more negative side effects.

4 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Could be that some of these players have reached the pinnacle of the sport AND realize they will be without their GOAT QB. Three of them each have 3 rings. They're also on the other side of 30 when the virus can have more negative side effects.

certainly could be, and I tried to inflect some sarcasm. 

just feels weird only because it's the Patriots.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL some patriots fan i follow on twitter, her reaction to donta Hightower’s explanation on opting out (him and his fiancé being more concerned with the health of their family and their newborn baby) 

“get a condo! Don’t stay with them. It’s simple. Jeeze”. Also claims its “selfish” for players to allow a virus to stop them from playing. “Just make it work and do it for your team, period”. 

wow......what a horrible take. 

I argued with someone about Tardiff opting out to be a doctor in Canada and to take care of his family and their rebuttal is he should play and donate his salary for more equipment and doctors so he's being selfish. You can't fix ignorance.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How would that even be possible in football when games start at 1??

49 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. Their defense is going to be awful 😂

Their offense was pretty terrible last year too, with Tom Brady at QB. I imagine that team is going to really struggle this year, which will be a very nice change.

1 minute ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I suppose one line of thinking is that this saves the Pats some cap space, and that rollover is going to be key to make the 2021 cap drop.

right, and the major players that are opting out are solid patriot lifer veterans who might be persuaded to take a "vacation" year so to speak so that next year a bunch of cuts aren't neccessary. 

again this is more for the conspiracy thread so I'll stop here but anything I see that looks bad for the Patriots I question because it pretty much never works out that way and usually turns out that it was brilliantly planned.

So, it’s my understanding that CAMP doesn’t actually start today, as there’s no football practices being held, and that won’t be happening for another couple of weeks, correct? I’m pretty sure i saw somewhere that the first couple of weeks will be for weight room stuff, before moving into a passing camp and then padded practices. 

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, it’s my understanding that CAMP doesn’t actually start today, as there’s no football practices being held, and that won’t be happening for another couple of weeks, correct? I’m pretty sure i saw somewhere that the first couple of weeks will be for weight room stuff, before moving into a passing camp and then padded practices. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-training-camp-2020-dates-schedule-locations/kxfv8u0ql4bf1vqf251zpeuc0

August 17 is when padded practices start.

Yea, they're not in a big hurry to practice.

Obviously they want to settle into the new safety protocol.

But also, the fact that there's no preseason games frees up a lot of total days, when you consider both preparation and travel for preseason.

So, getting back all that unused time also means they can afford to delay practice a little longer.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

How would that even be possible in football when games start at 1??

A huge disadvantage for teams on the coast, especially west coast.   A west coast team coming out to the east coast for a 1 pm game would essentially be taking the red eye and then suiting up to play.  Good luck!

To enhance player safety, all 2020 games will be determined via electronic football.

tudor_electric_football_TH.jpeg

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

A huge disadvantage for teams on the coast, especially west coast.   A west coast team coming out to the east coast for a 1 pm game would essentially be taking the red eye and then suiting up to play.  Good luck!

There’s no way this happens, even with time changes. Too many variables including weather, equipment, acclimation, routine... 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

They would have to adjust game times. There's no way in hell a team is going to fly from the west coast to the east coast (6 to 7ish hour flight), and make a 1pm game, that's impossible with the east coast being 3 hours ahead. 

It’s impossible in a lot of circumstances. And it’s a HUGE disadvantage to the travel team. Imagine even if we are playing Philly at 1:00.  You have to get on a plane by 8:00 am, get there to stadium around 10, go through pregame, and then game starts at 1.  Which means you’re up at 6 or so to get to the airport.  It’s a mess. And that’s for a 40 minute charter flight.  

Even if they move times around it’s a really, really huge competitive disadvantage. 

The NFL has enough money, they can make this happen safely.  They take an entire hotel, which has to be empty and fully cleaned the day before, nobody except select hotel employees are allowed in.  The busses must stay unused for 3-5 days prior to the team showing up then they are only used by the team.  Honestly, the flight isn’t a big deal because the only people on the plane are team employees.  

I don’t have any proof, but the marlin’s issue isn’t that they traveled, it’s that they live in Florida which is a catastrophe. 

The 3 Florida teams should immediately leave Florida and head to somewhere where there aren’t people.  And bring their families.  And just relocate for the season. 

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we win the Super Bowl this year, should there be an asterisk next to it ?

Why? 

actually, is there a way to infect the 31 other teams so each team has to default before playing the WFT, and they go 19-0 without ever taking a snap?  

Then Alex Smith can take 1 SB kneel down to solidify the win. 

Id be all for that.  :) 

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we win the Super Bowl this year, should there be an asterisk next to it ?

If all teams are able to play the same amount of games this year; however many that is; then no.

That could be 8, 10,12 of the full 16.  I doubt there's any playoffs if they play less than half the season at least.

If some teams can only play a certain amount of games and other teams play a different amount of games; then the season can have an asterisk. 

Archived