Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

21 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'd love to see anyone try to stop the Ed Rubbert to Anthony Allen connection.

Yeah me too..that's why I'm going to let the kiddos watch dumb and dumber tonight for the first time.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If all teams are able to play the same amount of games this year; however many that is; then no.

That could be 8, 10,12 of the full 16.  I doubt there's any playoffs if they play less than half the season at least.

If some teams can only play a certain amount of games and other teams play a different amount of games; then the season can have an asterisk. 

I wasn't just thinking in terms of limited games played. But also limited players.

What if the "best" teams have a lot of quality players miss extended time due to illness ?

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

For @Cooleyfan1993 , the players have indeed arrived.

Refreshing sight, but the music is sore on the ears.

I knew they arrived to the facility, it just doesn’t even FEEL like training call because there are no actual practices until apparently the 17th. No tweets from the media about catches or how the QB or RBs look, until the 17th. 

it feels fake currently, is all. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I knew they arrived to the facility, it just doesn’t even FEEL like training call because there are no actual practices until apparently the 17th. No tweets from the media about catches or how the QB or RBs look, until the 17th. 

I hear ya.

I just thought the sight of it might offset some of those negative feelings.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So...maybe not?  There's a "warming up period" and I'm not sure what that is.  Is that 1v1's with WR's/DB's or is that 7 on 7's without pads or is that just walkthroughs or what?

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wasn't just thinking in terms of limited games played. But also limited players.

What if the "best" teams have a lot of quality players miss extended time due to illness ?

Say before the Superbowl, one team has their QB and TOP Defensive linemen killed in a car wreck.   Or say they get busted for drugs.  

You point out another legit reason but teams could lose players but team could lose players for other reason.

2020 is going have an asterisk regardless of the reason.   If the Team wins a championship in 2020, I'll take it.  It may have an asterisk but it would still be championship, regardless of the situation that lead to that championship. 

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Nate Solder skipping the season means Giants are gonna have to let Andrew Thomas sink or swim at LT. Suddenly he’s the most important player on the team. No pressure, Rook.

Oof, apparently his son is battling cancer.  Yeah, of course he opted out.

I've alsp been wondering if there would be quarantined beat writers tweeting some action from the sidelines or what. Info is gonna be slim for us if not.

Logan Thomas is our starting TE so if he recovers from this now at least the odds of him making it through whatever passes for a season go way up.

• Like 1
  • Jumbo locked this topic