Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Virus and player reporting thread.

13 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I think it had to do with the Vikes head trainer testing positive for Covid and those players being in direct contact with him.

Yeah. The same trainer that did that big interview with Peter King last week. If he got it no one is safe.

13 hours ago, CTskin said:

As a selfish fan of football I want there to be football, borderline need... and I was optimistic that the nfl and nflpa would come together and make it happen.

But then I saw the Marlins situation (as a yankee fan, I was terrified that they were following the Marlins into philly). Can you imagine if this happened to an nfl team? there are only 16 games, you can’t just replay/makeup games. You can’t have a  real prep week with a roster filled with replacement players. Combine that with all of the false negative tests that, I can’t see any way this season isnt doomed. 

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m coming to terms with the fact that there actually won’t be a season. If there is, it’ll have a bigger asterisk than Barry bonds.

The smart decision would probably be to cancel it. But there is no chance the NFL owners are giving back that TV revenue. There will be a season of some sort. And some odd team will end up winning the Super Bowl this year. 

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The smart decision would probably be to cancel it. But there is no chance the NFL owners are giving back that TV revenue. There will be a season of some sort. And some odd team will end up winning the Super Bowl this year. 

I’ve floated the notion worst case you get half a dozen games in from your own division, 3 home and away match ups, then some condensed knock out to the SB.

You would think something has to give.

Wonder if we get more opt-outs. Maybe if Jay was still here. We had plenty opt out last year without a bloody virus being around.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dont'a Hightower opted out. He seems to be the most high profile player to do so so far.

Another scab season

26 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. The same trainer that did that big interview with Peter King last week. If he got it no one is safe.

That odd team from Washington...no kiddin?..the same trainer that had the floor so clean king would eat off of it..he now has covid-19...yeah wow..not good

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’ve floated the notion worst case you get half a dozen games in from your own division, 3 home and away match ups, then some condensed knock out to the SB.

You would think something has to give.

Wonder if we get more opt-outs. Maybe if Jay was still here. We had plenty opt out last year without a bloody virus being around.

The really interesting thing to me is that having a home game means nothing. They are going to be playing in empty stadiums most likely. And the idea of piped in crown noise for the "home" team is being tossed around to mimic a real game. You could do that in any stadium in the country. The playoffs should be played in a bubble. All games at the same stadium with the home team getting the piped in sound advantage. What a weird frikin season this is going to be.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We've done well in strike-shortened years, and you don't get much odder (is that a word?) than a team with no name. Go Football Team!

• Like 2

LOL some patriots fan i follow on twitter, her reaction to donta Hightower’s explanation on opting out (him and his fiancé being more concerned with the health of their family and their newborn baby) 

“get a condo! Don’t stay with them. It’s simple. Jeeze”. Also claims its “selfish” for players to allow a virus to stop them from playing. “Just make it work and do it for your team, period”. 

wow......what a horrible take. 

• Like 4

So, today is reporting day for the vets.  Welcome back  Team! How many more Team players will opt out?  How many will have the virus?

Enjoy training camp because that's all the football we are getting this year.  If they are able to play any games, my guess it's only a handfui: 3-5 games.  I used to say 10 games but now I think if they play any games, it will only be handful before shutting down.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Brandon Boldin and Marcus Cannon as well for the patriots 

Cannon makes sense, he's a cancer survivor if I remember correctly and definitely high risk.

23 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sounds enticing to opt-out.

You still get paid hundreds of thousands to do nothing, and on top of that, you get the a feeling of increased "safety".

The thing is that if you aren't already categorized as "high risk" the year doesn't count towards your contract. Most players are playing towards their next contract in FA.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Patriots ‘convincing’ players to opt out so they can tank for Lawrence. :rofl89:

But a lot of players, both gain and lose stock, and quite a bit, in their final year of college.

Based on that historical precedent, if there was to be a college season this year, Lawrence may not necessarily be the highest rated QB, by season's end.

I know Joe Burrow was not expected to go at No. 1, before the 2019 season.

So you really just don't know.

42 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Patriots ‘convincing’ players to opt out so they can tank for Lawrence. :rofl89:

That was my first thought.  They'll get the first pick, draft Lawrence, and be right back in the driver's seat.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sounds enticing to opt-out.

You still get paid hundreds of thousands to do nothing, and on top of that, you get the a feeling of increased "safety".

What a great 'unemployment insurance', so to speak, that they have.

Probably why Brantley opted out. He might not have even made a roster and would have made $0. Now, he's getting a cool $350k for his trouble.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I doubt there will be an actual game played.

Not with that attitude, it won't.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 2

Thankfully we have a lot of players on their rookie contract. I don't think we'll have a lot of players opt out. The really smart players will actually use this as an opportunity to look better by association with the watered down competition.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

That was my first thought.  They'll get the first pick, draft Lawrence, and be right back in the driver's seat.  

Well, the bright side if there isn't a season, I feel like draft position should carry over. Give us that sweet #2 again, baby.

19 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Well, the bright side if there isn't a season, I feel like draft position should carry over. Give us that sweet #2 again, baby.

I wonder how they would do this, you bring up a good point.   Lotto balls maybe like NBA but for all teams based on previous teams records

• Jumbo locked this topic