Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

35 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It is an absolute hard pass on Jay gruden for me.

Dude got got with a legit titty-twister from DeSean Jackson during practice...I don't know that I've seen many coaches less respected by the players than Gruden. 

Absolutely, hardest of hard passes. 

• Haha 2

Jay Gruden returns as Washington's OC.

" First down Washington at their 40 yard line. Handoff to Robinson, up the middle for 30 ! " 

Big run by Robinson there Joe "

" Yeah Troy, he's come back nicely from the gunshot wound. " 

" You'd think play-action would be the call here Joe. Strike while the irons hot. "

" Robinson up the middle for about a yard ... will bring up a second and nine. "

" Let's see what Gruden has in store on second down. "

" Wide receiver screen to McLaurin, will go for no gain "" " Will bring up a third and nine for Washington. "

" Strange, we saw some smoke coming from the Washington sideline Troy. " 

" Yeah Joe, we saw Jay Gruden go into the medical tent on the sideline, in between plays there, also. "

" Third and nine Washington, and we're going to have a delay of game penalty on Washington. "

" Now third and 14 for Washington at the Giants 35. "

'' Draw to Gibson goes for three. Gonna bring  up fourth and 11. "

" Let's go to Michelle on the sideline. Michelle, what have you got for us ? "

" Well, we did see OC Jay Gruden go into the medical tent, and all I can tell you is that it smells like a skunks ass down here. Back to you Joe . '

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yep. Called him as a possibility earlier. He was also Carr’s OC in Oakland and I think the two have a good relationship.

In reality, the Tennessee offense sucked too but they had a total lack of weapons, missed Tannehill for a number of games and had a subpar OL. Downing was in a similar situation to Turner and put up similar results

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah but I think a few others are throwing it out as a possibility...unless Im missing their sarcasm also...which is a good possibility.

I doubt he comes here but Jay is one of the best options a coach in a lame duck year can get

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, method man said:

Yep. Called him as a possibility earlier. He was also Carr’s OC in Oakland and I think the two have a good relationship.

In reality, the Tennessee offense sucked too but they had a total lack of weapons, missed Tannehill for a number of games and had a subpar OL. Downing was in a similar situation to Turner and put up similar results

Reading about him led me to this guy.

https://atozsports.com/nashville/tennessee-titans-fire-todd-downing-teams-next-offensive-coordinator/

Joe Brady, the Bills’ quarterbacks coach, will almost certainly be an offensive coordinator for an NFL team next season. And the Titans would be wise to consider hiring him.

USATSI_18932200-1024x683.jpg

He runs and RPO with long vertical routes. Sounds like a perfect fit for Howell.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Breaking News- Possible Snyder strategy moving forward-- he gets franchise expansion rights to new NFL team in London after he sells the Commanders.  This strategy could explain why he is declaring his residence in London.

lol best of luck to the fans of whichever team that is 😂 

why would the NFL even want him in the NFL still, even if it’s in London? That’s just stupid. Push him out. ALL the way out!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Breaking News- Possible Snyder strategy moving forward-- he gets franchise expansion rights to new NFL team in London after he sells the Commanders.  This strategy could explain why he is declaring his residence in London.

lol the NFL will never ever do business with him again once he sells, are you kidding? 

• Like 4

I'm a Phillies fan and one of the biggest reasons the Phillies won the WS in 2008 was because they got Charlie Manuel an experienced bench coach (Jimmy Williams) to help out with lots of the game decisions. Manuel was loved by the players and HIGHLY respected. This is how I see RR too; he's done such a great job of changing and creating a great culture but he's missing on some things where maybe he could use a voice in his ear to help him out with critical decisions (like who not to play, when NOT to try a field goal, etc....).

RR has worn many hats from what I've seen and I'm sure it's been challenging to manage it all. Get him an assistant head coach who is more offensive minded but give him another year to get this team in the playoffs and beyond. With the QB uncertainty bring in someone who you trust as a QB talent evaluator. 

It's just a thought; RR is by all measures a great leader and a tremendous person, lets add to him and help him out rather than totally cutting him loose. He deserves a SB as a head coach given all of the positives he's brought to the organization.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s worth noting that “not worrying about it” because it’s beyond their control isn’t the same as saying it won’t happen. They know this could be a screwy offseason. 

I bet we don’t cut some of the guys we’d usually cut because we truly won’t know if we can replace them in the first couple stages of FA. 

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sounds like we all want Jay Gruden to return?  Jay is on like every local radio show these days, people just need to call in and start a movement.

@Voice_of_Reason seems to have backed off the criticism.  After an off season of him suggesting Scott Turner should be a head coach.  It feels like he's come around now on Jay.  I think if he starts the movement, others will follow?  😀

You all are crazy for wanting Jay back, even just as an oc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm a Phillies fan and one of the biggest reasons the Phillies won the WS in 2008 was because they got Charlie Manuel an experienced bench coach (Jimmy Williams) to help out with lots of the game decisions. Manuel was loved by the players and HIGHLY respected. This is how I see RR too; he's done such a great job of changing and creating a great culture but he's missing on some things where maybe he could use a voice in his ear to help him out with critical decisions (like who not to play, when NOT to try a field goal, etc....).

RR has worn many hats from what I've seen and I'm sure it's been challenging to manage it all. Get him an assistant head coach who is more offensive minded but give him another year to get this team in the playoffs and beyond. With the QB uncertainty bring in someone who you trust as a QB talent evaluator. 

It's just a thought; RR is by all measures a great leader and a tremendous person, lets add to him and help him out rather than totally cutting him loose. He deserves a SB as a head coach given all of the positives he's brought to the organization.

Ron deserves nothing. The man has only 3 winning seasons in 12 years. 1 .500 season. 8 losing seasons. He did have 5 playoff seasons , though 2 of those were with a losing record. His brief period of success was due to having Cam Newton in his prime.

The new owner should move on from him in 24. Actually this year would be better but we know that isn’t happening.

So what other options are out there for OC. 

So far we have:

-Turner, gross.

-Turner with a passing consultant, return of the bingo caller, double gross.

-Zampese, Turner 2.0

-Kingsburry, Air Raid guy like Howell had success with in NC.

-Joe Brady, Young and hungry just the way I like them.

15 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Ron couldn’t have said anything less in that presser if he tried. 

Understandable. He hasn’t even had his own job evaluated yet, hasn’t been told what’s happening with ownership yet, hasn’t finished evaluating his staff and roster yet. It’s kind of a dumb time to have a press conference, but you have to get it in now because technically he may not be here for the next one. Obviously we doubt he’s gone, but there’s always a chance of that so the first post-regular season presser is always too early and basically useless. 

We’ll have a lot more info (and the beginning of the ownership leaks imo) next week. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

So what other options are out there for OC. 

So far we have:

-Turner, gross.

-Turner with a passing consultant, return of the bingo caller, double gross.

-Zampese, Turner 2.0

-Kingsburry, Air Raid guy like Howell had success with in NC.

-Joe Brady, Young and hungry just the way I like them.

I believe Scott Turner will be here next year. I don't think Ron will let him go. I don't see anyone wanting to come here as an oc knowing they will be looking for another job after next season with the new owner in place.

• Like 1