Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jags just went from worst to first in their division and are in the playoffs.

Hard to think the Jags had that bad of an offseason.

I just can't get behind the "too much cap space is a bad thing" argument. It doesn't mean you have to spend like Snyder.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ron go to a FO role.

They were an 8-8 team that won a bad division. It's a big question mark on what they will do next year. 

The Pats went FA crazy in the 2021 offseason and the only guy out of that group that seems to be a hit is Judon. Henry, Agholor, Smith and others have disappointed and underperformed their contracts

5 minutes ago, method man said:

They were an 8-8 team that won a bad division. It's a big question mark on what they will do next year. 

The Pats went FA crazy in the 2021 offseason and the only guy out of that group that seems to be a hit is Judon. Henry, Agholor, Smith and others have disappointed and underperformed their contracts

So having plenty of cap space is bad. That's the argument that you are standing by?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

If McVay is on the table, then I will sell all of myself to get him.  Like nothing out of bounds.  If he's there to get, then he's got to get gotten.

"... I will sell all of myself to get him."

Like I used to advise all of my girls before I retired from the game:

Wear a push up bra, tight skirt, fishnet stockings and stilleto heels and when you scope a big money trick don't look him straight in the eye, but definitely put a little extra wiggle in your jiggle when you pass by him.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So having plenty of cap space is bad. That's the argument that you are standing by?

In a league where executive and coaching tenures are short, giving most GMs a ton of cap space like $100M is a bad idea because, more often than not, you will see them overpay JAGs to try to make a quick playoff push. In this case, the Bears are finishing as the worst team in the league and Poles/Eberfluss will be under pressure to make a lot of progress in Year 2 so they are not lame ducks going into Year 3

Edited by method man

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't know, something makes me question his desire to keep coaching, unless he's not a west coast guy and wants to coach in a city in the East??? Any time I hear a coach wants to take some time to decide if he wants to return makes me question their enthusiasm for continuing to coach. 

Why is he quitting the Rams he just won the superbowl last year? Traded away the future for a ring? I would not give up a single pick for him. Rather have somebody like KC OC assistant head coach is it Be..........? He fits this team and should like the young talent we have. I have those worries too about him, if it gets tough.

Edited by skinsfan66

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Why is he quitting the Rams he just won the superbowl last year? Traded away the future for a ring? I would not give up a single pick for him. Rather have somebody like KC OC assistant head coach is it Be..........? He fits this team and should like the young talent we have. I have those worries too about him, if it gets tough.

I don't think McVay is a "quitter" in the traditional sense of the term. I think the issue is that he is more burned out than anything. The dude has been grinding it out for the last 15 years and probably worked harder than any other assistant to get where he has so quickly. He lost out on his 20s and most of his 30s. He just got married and I think he wants to start a family

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Set ourselves up for the 100 mil in cap space for 24. WIth a high super high pick probably spent on one of the elite QBs. 

How often do teams trade away their picks when they can land an elite college QB?  You have to hope that its the off chance that a team with a young stud QB or perceived stud who wants out of the pick, it happens but its rare.   Usually teams with young stud QBs don't stink. 

The odds are pretty low that teams will want to trade away Caleb or Drake.   Those FOs would get skewered if they do so unless the QB in hand in special.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not that I don't think Dan would go scorched earth and jettison every employee before selling the team, but what coaching group is going to be available in April or whatever? That would suck.

JP Finlay this morning was saying the obvious, it would be a good sign to not see action on the coaching front with this team -- them dragging their heels on this stuff is a good sign that Dan genuinely is selling. 

If moves start happening he thinks that means a more engaged Dan - and swallowing dead contracts if you are about to sell make little sense.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, method man said:

I don't think McVay is a "quitter" in the traditional sense of the term. I think the issue is that he is more burned out than anything. The dude has been grinding it out for the last 15 years and probably worked harder than any other assistant to get where he has so quickly. He lost out on his 20s and most of his 30s. He just got married and I think he wants to start a family

Sounds a little early to get burned out? More the reason to just say no.

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

I take this to mean Monday's meeting will likely be the moment when Dan "unofficially" let's Ron know definitively whether or not he's going to sell the team.

If so, look for major leaks from the Schefter's of the world, no later than Tuesday morning and possibly as early as the studio pregame shows this weekend.

Til then, we need to all keep drinking until we're in a stupor while crossing our fingers for good luck. 🤞

--shiver--

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How often do teams trade away their picks when they can land an elite college QB?  You have to hope that its the off chance that a team with a young stud QB or perceived stud who wants out of the pick, it happens but its rare.   Usually teams with young stud QBs don't stink. 

The odds are pretty low that teams will want to trade away Caleb or Drake.   Those FOs would get skewered if they do so unless the QB in hand in special.

In 2012 I didn't pay attention to anything in St. Louis. I know they had Bradford, but was there blowback for not taking Griffin?

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

In 2012 I didn't pay attention to anything in St. Louis. I know they had Bradford, but was there blowback for not taking Griffin?

Not from what I remember, there was extreme arrogance radiating from that team due to the perceived fleecing in that trade, and from what I saw their fanbase embraced that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

Not from what I remember, there was extreme arrogance radiating from that team due to the perceived fleecing in that trade, and from what I saw their fanbase embraced that. 

That's what I remember too, I just focused more on Fischer than anyone else.

32 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

People can be fired and the remaining balances of those contracts included in the sale price. 

Sure, but what would Dan's motivation be to go through that trouble?

Its cleaner I'd assume not having to readjust the finances in the context of a sale plus it would be more attractive for an owner to make the calls -- both the firing and the hiring.

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Not initially and that was the rare exception I was thinking about but when RG3 was tearing it up his rookie year, the Rams at least media wise took some hits.  The Rams ended up of course getting the last laugh, sort of. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

If I have 7 billion simoleons to pay you, I won't mind absorbing a few million to get rid of obvious albatrosses. 

In Rivera's case I think its at least 10 million, I'd gather the assistants going with him, maybe another 6 million all together.  But why would Dan bother?  What does Dan have to gain?

12 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

They want everything done. They're ready to seal this.

My point is its cleaner not to fire a staff for the moment.  It's part of the reason why you usually don't see it done like that and multiple beat reporters are saying don't expect it here with a sale looming.

Maybe if Dan is just angry and wants to do it to do it or is so deep in negotiation with whomever that he's taking orders from the buyer now

• Like 1