Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I know there are a lot of people who are dumping in Rivera, but the Reaves video (all the players, really)...you can tell this team buys in and follows him, despite their limitations.  When was the last time you actually felt like our team was completely on the same page with the coach like that?  Maybe Gibbs 2, but I'm not even sure about that one.

Rivera is a leader, something I definitely never thought we had with the Grudens or Zorns of the world.  I'd like to see what he could do with a few pieces added to the O-Line and another good LB.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I can see, and would be fine with, even a new owner thinking it wise/best to keep Ron on for like a two year trial as gm...if Ron would go for it. The idea being obvious I'd think: Ron's widely appreciated work in changing that old culture and being a stellar representative of the franchise and a widely admired person across the NFL and the general public.

Get a hc that Ron can work with but not one he alone chooses. The hc makes all the hires and Ron contributed as wanted with advice only.

Just a scenario I wouldn't mind.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I can see, and would be fine with, even a new owner thinking it wise/best to keep Ron on for like a two year trial as gm...if Ron would go for it. The idea being obvious I'd think: Ron's widely appreciated work in changing that old culture and being a stellar representative of the franchise and a widely admired person across the NFL and the general public.

Get a hc that Ron can work with but not one he alone chooses. The hc makes all the hires and Ron contributed as wanted with advice only.

Kinda sounds like what they did with Arians except people actually like Rivera and he didn't need the GOAT to earn respect.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I would want to know more about Ron’s role in cure t players. Cause we do have a GM. I’m not aware if we’ve been told who’s calling the shots or what they’ve argued over and who was on what side etc. 

but I want whoever built this roster to continue building this roster. 

I also want Rivera as HC if the role is to lead the team. Let the OC run his part same with DC and let Ron be the guy that makes it all work together by leading them all. 

cause he’s clearly good at that and it’s an incredibly valuable thing to be good at if you’re asking those people to lay it all on the line for you week in, week out. 

The Reeves thing is just one potent point of evidence in it all. His story and the fact two of his teammates seemed legitimately more excited about it than their own pro bowl nod, is really what we’ve been begging for since we started to realize a long time ago snyder was a joke. 

the amount of sentiment I see about ejecting Rivera… it doesn’t make a damn bit of sense to me. We don’t have the wins but we have the team we’ve begged to be built. Why would you throw out the guy that built it, and the guy everyone helped build it because they truly believe in him and respect him…

we’re a qb and some ol upgrades and establishing depth to fill in guys who leave or are injured away from being a dominant team. Don’t start over now…

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

I want youth and innovation with an emphasis on analytics. Ron is about as far as you can possibly get from that. If Bezos gets the team its going to be an analyically driven franchise. AWS is just too big and has plenty of interior information and brain power that the public isnt privy too. It would be a major step ahead of what anyone can match.

Ron is about as far away from that football standpoint as you can possibly get. Ron has valued experience over merit. The staff he has assembled is largely a group of failed boomers with a speckled at best past. Ron is one loss away from 3 non winning season in 3 years with zero fix at QB in the near term future.

Ron for as great of a person and leader he is, he and his staff leave a lot to be desired football wise. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Jumbo said:

If anything, I'd expect new ownership to be able to start turning over the front office first and taking away any of that responsibility from Ron. "Focus on coaching and your guys this year.....". He can be lockerroom culture Ron. A new group will need time to evaulate everything from scouting to medical to training to how to upgrade the facilities for now while getting ready to build something new. In the end, maybe a front office gig could be something if they click. But I can't imagine it will. Complete change over a season or 2. 

• Like 1

I don't see any changes next year.   Ron and crew will be given a year to prove it to the new owner and then a decision will be made to extend him or to let him go with one year left on his contract.

Hopefully, this will force them to be aggressive this off-season.   Drafting a QB high is off the table, IMO.  

1 hour ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Yep we aren't attracting a coach like that without a QB. I'm still team Dorsey once we are in the coaching market

Nah. New ownership who just dropped $7B+ will be able to attract just about anyone. Only hangup is if that HC candidate is demanding front office control. In that case, they can pound sand. Get the front office set. Get the scouting beefed up. Get the coach you like and work with them to find the QB who's skillsets their system favors.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Nah. New ownership who just dropped $7B+ will be able to attract just about anyone. Only hangup is if that HC candidate is demanding front office control. In that case, they can pound sand. Get the front office set. Get the scouting beefed up. Get the coach you like and work with them to find the QB who's skillsets their system favors.

Yeah I don’t want a HC with player control ever again. HC and FO goals often counteract each others 

• Thumb up 2

11 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Yeah I don’t want a HC with player control ever again. HC and FO goals often counteract each others 

I'm fine with a Coach not reporting to the GM per say. For that I'd like a Team President or owner like JKC who made the decision when they couldn't agree. Then point his finger at whoever he went with and says "You better be right".

While it is about control. Its also about bandwidth IMO. The offseason when all are working togther for a plan, that's perfect. Once camp starts. Coaches focus on coaching. 

On 12/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, Zim489 said:

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"4. Said he'd cut Heinicke. Basically said something like if he's on the roster, you might actually have to use him, and his ceiling and limitations are obvious. Used the word 'spunk', which I guess is s synonym of moxie, but said that's not enough to keep him."

Fast forward to the off season...

Bezos and Jay Z are signed sealed and delivered in lightning fashion as the new primary owners, of the soon to be renamed Washington RedWolves, having paid a whopping 8.3 billion dollars for the privilege.

Dan's in the U.K. fruitlessly trying to buy Manchester United, while Tanya moves in with Jason Wright, announces, "I'm with child TaDaa!", and files for divorce.

Rivera is bumped up to General Manager with a pay raise and diminished responsibilities including telling players they made the pro bowl. A young Bobby Beathard type is hired as his assistant and given control of the draft and personnel.

The coaching staff, with a few noteable exceptions, are  released from their contracts and given sizeable buyouts, well beyond what they're entitled to, for not causing a stink on the way out.

Rumors swirl that a deal to make the RFK site the home of the team are confirmed by Schefter.

The newly hired head coach meets privately with Heinicke and says...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yeah, he's a great guy and if you want to keep striving for 9-8 he's fine in any capacity. I just don't get why people are happy with that level. 

He'll keep you competitive. Thats about it. Maybe a 1 off 11-12 wins type of year every 5-6 years but I struggle to see this team ever being great with him

• Like 1

Since the end of Gibbs 1, this team is 78 games under .500 at 199-277-3. With, what, six playoff seasons and two playoff wins.

From that perspective, I can see where people would think regular 9-8 seasons would be downright glorious. Especially in the reality of a salary cap era.

That said, there have been teams over the time which have largely been good. The Pats with Brady did something that'll never be accomplished again. I'm thinking more like the Steelers, Ravens, Eagles. Can this organization get to that level?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I see chargers bound. Already have Herbert there 

They'll have to fire their coach before. He is not doing so bad with all the injured players they have, not to mention a banged-up QB.

Edited by FrFan

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

What is the desire with so many for keeping Rivera around for anything but a figure head? I dont want him hiring anyone here.

He is good people

Would you really not want a person of that quality hanging around your org even if you strip him of total football responsibility and cast him in a Doug Williams like position?