Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

43 minutes ago, Conn said:

I can’t tell if this was the precursor to today’s news or if this is just the league piling on but man, he’s having just a terrible no good day and I for one think we should grab ever single delicious moment and revel in his imminent self-destruction together.

Imagine if this ends in handcuffs.  Just imagine!?!  It’s such a massive long shot but it’s never even crossed my mind before and now it has.  Feels like a non-zero chance.

As a wise man once said, the dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubricated!

ETA- on 2nd thought, nah this was the catalyst.  Has to be.  

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

I can’t tell if this was the precursor to today’s news or if this is just the league piling on but man, he’s having just a terrible no good day and I for one think we should grab ever single delicious moment and revel in his imminent self-destruction together.

Imagine if this ends in handcuffs.  Just imagine!?!  It’s such a massive long shot but it’s never even crossed my mind before and now it has.  Feels like a non-zero chance.

If I'm Snyder at what point in the last 25 years do I realize that what I'm doing is not working,  that maybe the problem is me and my attitude.  Is he really that blind that he couldn't see that everyone hates him?? Seriously is he just stupid?? Or did he think that his billion dollar bank account could save him from himself.  I guess I'm looking through the lense of the typical hard working guy that scrapes by to pay my bills, because if I was given the same opportunity he's had I certainly wouldn't piss it away and run it in the ground. 

6 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

If I'm Snyder at what point in the last 25 years do I realize that what I'm doing is not working,  that maybe the problem is me and my attitude.  Is he really that blind that he couldn't see that everyone hates him?? Seriously is he just stupid?? Or did he think that his billion dollar bank account could save him from himself.  I guess I'm looking through the lense of the typical hard working guy that scrapes by to pay my bills, because if I was given the same opportunity he's had I certainly wouldn't piss it away and run it in the ground. 

Dunning-Kruger effect: https://thedecisionlab.com/biases/dunning-kruger-effect

Basically he’s SO incompetent he’s incapable of being aware of his own incompetence.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I'm starting to think Dan has bigger issues than selling the team.  Can you imagine him in prison??? He doesn't seem like the type of person that would thrive in that environment lol

I believe  the divorce will happen soon after the selling.

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

But he won't be in federal pound me in the ass prison.  He'll be in some country club prison with other non-violent offenders.  He'll have a cell with cable TV, get some sunshine and exercise each day.  It'll be easy.

I hope he is tied down in a chair and forced to watch Danny wuerffel and John Beck highlights.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well yeah, those things are correct.  It won't happen overnight, but the way the owners meetings are aligned for December, I think it could happen before then, right?

The NFL doesn't want this to drag out, I believe.  It'll be playoffs and Super Bowl time before we know it, and they sure as **** don't want this hanging over their head through that time and into the offseason.  They don't want the franchise still up for sale or this whole matter unresolved by the draft.

I really believe (hope) that a new owner is identified by the time the playoffs start.  Looks like they already have a short list of suitors.

Oh absolutely. I just don't want people thinking there'll be a new owner next week or whatever. Even if the winning bidder is named beforehand, there'll still be some period of time before the vote happens. December would seem right if they can get the auction concluded soon, and I'm assuming the process has quietly been underway for a little while. Maybe shortly after the Bears game, when Dan looked so distraught--perhaps he got a bad message around then.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Oh absolutely. I just don't want people thinking there'll be a new owner next week or whatever. Even if the winning bidder is named beforehand, there'll still be some period of time before the vote happens. December would seem right if they can get the auction concluded soon, and I'm assuming the process has quietly been underway for a little while. Maybe shortly after the Bears game, when Dan looked so distraught--perhaps he got a bad message around then.

I thought Dan looking like **** then was exactly that...just looking like ****.  I thought people saying he looked distraught were reading too far into things.  But perhaps I was wrong, probably am.

Not mad about it though!

12 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

20221102_190443.jpg

Damn that looks good.  Goddamit, now I want Mexican.

7 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

How soon after Bezos buys the team will there be Amazon workplace investigations?  

Y'know, in our current reality this an off-topic comment of a sociopolitical nature. Now the forum can also enjoy a week off from you.🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought Dan looking like **** then was exactly that...just looking like ****.  I thought people saying he looked distraught were reading too far into things.  But perhaps I was wrong, probably am.

Not mad about it though!

He always looks like **** with those ill-fitting trousers two sizes too long. That night, though, he looked like I've never seen him before--not his usual smug look but haunted and vacant. I could definitely be reading too much into it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

He always looks like **** with those ill-fitting trousers two sizes too long. That night, though, he looked like I've never seen him before--not his usual smug look but haunted and vacant. I could definitely be reading too much into it.

Knowing what we know now, I think you might have something.