Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

And The Squire. For all his faults with the whole Marlene fiasco. Not leaving the team to John, etc. He put the right people in place and got out of their way. 

John Cooke seems to have done really well since the sale. He definitely put the money to good use. Living in Middleburg on a Vinyard ain't to bad either.

Fiasco a reference to that wild morning in Georgetown in the early 90s? Never forget seeing that story on the morning news.

• Thumb up 2

43 minutes ago, Conn said:

So embarrassing the way they keep rolling out the alumni as a gimmick and then disrespecting them through sheer negligence and lack of attention to detail. Over and over and over. 

No disrespect to the great men who won those Championships, but for me it has gotten to the point where it feels like...

Elrond.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

At the end of a week like this, the scene inside FedEx Field revealed everything NFL owners should know about the state of football in this market. Daniel Snyder is just bad for business.

He is the reason Washington Commanders team security had to patrol the stands, treating paying customers who dared to hold up “SELL THE TEAM” signs as if they possessed some kind of illegal contraband. (A Commanders spokesperson said afterward that the fans should not have been asked to take down the signs.)

He is the cloud that hangs over what should have been a pleasant Sunday. The Commanders frustrated Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, their beloved backup Taylor Heinicke added to his legend, and Washington’s progressing running game looked as whole as it has all season — and yet what did it matter? The weekly distraction of football for this football franchise does little to extinguish the dumpster fire that spreads through the owners’ suite, down to the spectator stands and all across social media.

The Commanders can’t even recognize Breast Cancer Awareness month without a reminder of their owner’s sagging approval ratings. At the two-minute mark before halftime, resounding boos carried throughout the lower bowl. At first, the noise seemed to be out of place; a “Think Pink” video was playing on the scoreboard, and who in their right minds would boo breast cancer survivors?

Then it made sense. The video showed Tanya Snyder. She may be a survivor and an advocate for cancer research and awareness, but in that ill-timed moment, heckling fans cared only about her last name and job title.

She is, after all, a co-owner, so they booed. Then, forming a chorus with plenty of Packers fans all too willing to laugh and mock, fans broke into a loud “Sell the team!” chant.

Loud enough for NFL owners to listen? Maybe not, but there’s a difference between the anonymous all-caps shouts by Twitter trolls that can be easily ignored and the full-throated demands of the very demographic Washington has been trying to target through its rebranding. And these desired fans just so happened to be sitting above the Commanders’ own sideline, and just below a press box full of media and team personnel.

We all heard it. Surely, the NFL did, too. The Snyders are the owners who inspire Washington fans in throwback burgundy and the cheeseheads invading their space to unite and find harmony in common ground: their hatred for the league’s most radioactive owner.

On the business side, the Commanders may not give a care about how they’re viewed outside the DMV. This is their bubble, and they’re aware how, with a wink and a nod toward the part of the fan base that’s still attached to that racist name — at an alumni homecoming rally before the game, Tanya Snyder proclaimed, “Hail to the Redskins, and let’s beat Green Bay!” — they can do just about anything and still draw 60,427 people who will shut off their brains to the chaos surrounding the franchise. They think their base remains strong. But on Sunday, even the fans who choose to plug their ears and squeal “la la la” couldn’t help but hear those chants.

How many more embarrassing moments have to happen — and national broadcast segments have to air — until at least 24 owners with the power to vote out Daniel Snyder hear it, too?

At least Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay emerged as the first of his breed to show a spine.

On Tuesday, after the NFL’s fall league meeting, Irsay should have provided popcorn for his impromptu news conference. He put on a show as he declared Snyder should be removed from ownership.

“We have to complete the investigation. But to me, it’s something that I think serious consideration has to be given to the removal,” Irsay said. “And [the owners] have complete authority to do that.”

By Sunday, Irsay didn’t back down. In an interview with Fox, the same network that aired the Commanders’ 23-21 win over Green Bay, he repeated his belief that Snyder’s behavior has stained the league.

“We’re bound as owners to listen to the fans, and we cannot put our heads in the sand on this,” Irsay said.

An owner proves to be bad for business when the fate of their franchise remains the story. On Sunday, the Commanders improved to 3-4, the same record as the Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Arizona Cardinals. But those teams will spend the next several weeks as the topic of conversations about wild-card spots or quarterback play. You know, stuff about football. Even with Heinicke playing well enough to produce a new T-shirt and Coach Ron Rivera potentially ending his annual slow start to lead this team on a winning streak, Washington will be an afterthought on national programs.

Until there’s a resolution to the Commanders’ ownership, heckling during heartfelt PSAs will be the norm. And that’s just not the case in any other NFL stadium. Nowhere else does the owner receive worse treatment than the referees — who may or may not have spent the night at FedEx Field huddled in front of a monitor still reviewing that Brian Robinson Jr. fumble. (I’m not saying it took forever, but quarterback Carson Wentz’s injured finger might have healed by the time the refs finished.)

Though there seems to be so much riding on the results of the league’s investigation into Snyder, led by Mary Jo White, it hasn’t stopped Irsay from his public one-man campaign. Nor has it silenced the voices of the people who should matter the most.

Following the game, when happy Washington fans merged toward Gate A alongside Packers fans, there were the normal yelps of delight. One man wearing a throwback Sean Taylor jersey playfully taunted a gang of green with: “Go, Pack, go!” A woman waved her burgundy and gold pompom as the friend walking beside her clapped and screamed.

However, another Washington fan smiled as he couldn’t resist piercing the good vibes with more chants.

“SELL! THE! TEAM!” he shouted. When that picked up little steam, the fan changed his tune.

“DAN SNYDER SUCKS!”

On Sunday, Commanders fans aired their grievances, loudly. NFL owners should be listening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:
Death by getting the little things wrong all the time. It just keeps happening.

Jason Wright will have his hurt puppy look as he says "when you get new people in, it takes time to get up to speed on the history"

Or let me guess, the nametag was leftover from a previous alumni function lol

I wonder if they ever contacted Darryl Grant after he posted on social media about the lack of outreach

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

So embarrassing the way they keep rolling out the alumni as a gimmick and then disrespecting them through sheer negligence and lack of attention to detail. Over and over and over. 

Less of them are showing up, and I'm sure it's not jus about age or them dying.  

There was less from the 91 team then 87 or 82 teams at halftime.

They said out the sound system that kept cutting off throughout the game about the standard the Alumni have set, but we haven't lived by that standard in close to 30 years now.

If the Wizards can figure out how to pay better respect to history of the overall franchise without making it look like a gimmick, why can't we?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I can't defend the constant screwups with details.. It's embarrassing.     London "Flecther" is probably the all time worst misspelling.      Hire a freaking quality control person.   

it's the small things they keep getting wrong that make you feel like it's a gimmick and not sincere.  All the organization has to hang their hats on are Super Bowl wins from 30 years ago, that only a couple of people currently involved with the organization can make any claim to.  They play on the emotions and nostalgia of the old-timers like me.  As a 47-year-old who remembers every one of those great wins, it is starting to really get old.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Id agree, but Ive seen him try and get it up to space and...it leaves a lot to be desired.

I suppose so long as he uses his money to hire someone else to get it up, itll work.

What if Bezos wants to run them like a fantasy team too?? 😐

Can you imagine Bezos introducing himself as the new owner...and as the new GM...and as the new head coach?

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

What if Bezos wants to run them like a fantasy team too?? 😐

Can you imagine Bezos introducing himself as the new owner...and as the new GM...and as the new head coach?

no I can’t, next question? 

(I’m not attached to any specific billionaire so long as it’s not Snyder, this just seems like a weirdly specific fear to voice)

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Jason Wright will have his hurt puppy look as he says "when you get new people in, it takes time to get up to speed on the history"

And all his BS is so ridiculous that all he'd have to do is hire one single fan, or even someone from here, to get all of that BS correct.

Or they could just use Google, or wikipedia.

It's actually quite spectacular how consistent the level of incompetence has been over all these years. Totally hilarious. :ols:

It truly is this franchises unique talent.

• Like 2

Um, did they take that on Packers half of lower bowl?  Looks like middle of field, nobody looks and says maybe this looks like we are taking this picture in Green Bay?

No attention to details, that's why, it adds up... 

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You just can't make this stuff up:

Tanya Snyder caps address to fans by invoking the team’s former name

So, basically, the team thinks it’s OK to periodically use the nickname that was retired due to the fact that it had become a dictionary-defined slur. On special occasions only, apparently

From PFT, by the way.

Link?  

Commanders fans chant ‘sell the team’ at Tanya Snyder during win over Packers

Washington Commanders fans voiced their frustration with team owners Daniel and Tanya Snyder on Sunday.

Tanya made an appearance in a video shown on FedEx Field’s video board promoting the team’s breast cancer awareness initiatives, and after the video Commanders’ fans began to chant “sell the team”, directed toward the Snyders.

The mocking chant piles on to a rough week for Daniel Snyder after Colts owner Jim Irsay said last last Tuesday there was “merit” to forcing Snyder to sell the team. Irsay doubled down on Sunday during an interview with Fox’s Jay Glazer.

“I do not feel it’s in the best interest of the shield and the NFL. This is not how we should be represented and it’s incredible that we have to be in this position,” Glazer said Irsay told him.

image.thumb.png.b6113ea422c075ad9380daf13f5a2186.png

A fuming Tanya Snyder was later overheard telling her chief of security, "They better hope I don't unleash Dan on those disloyal hooligans that heckled me today. We have the camera footage and I want every last one of them identified and dealt with Tony (chief of security). Give them the full treatment. We don't need their negativity at the stadium. We do so much for all the little people and they just don't appreciate it. How dare they treat their first lady like that!"

When asked if Snyder has backing from owners, Glazer said that a year ago he would have said no, but now he thinks “that sentiment is starting to change.”

Snyder has already been under a microscope after ESPN reported he told a close associate he has enough information to “blow up” several owners, league officials and even commissioner Roger Goodell, and that he hired private investigators to dig up dirt on his fellow owners.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/23/commanders-fans-chant-sell-the-team-at-tanya-snyder/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons😉

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

contraband. (A Commanders spokesperson said afterward that the fans should not have been asked to take down the signs.)

I haven’t been to a game in at least five years. Last one I remember was when everyone was pushing for Vinny to be fired, they took peoples signs saying both “Fire Vinny” & “Sell the team”. 

Then they released the same statement from some rep just like the above.

Same thing new year, everything can change but the one constant is the Snyders. Until that changes it will be a national embarrassment on repeat. 

• Like 2

Julie Donaldson admitting that "there is a lot of Green Bay here today" on the broadcast.  Great "homecoming".  I like the players and want them to succeed, but know that this team cannot ever do so with Snyder as owner.  So I was happy with the win yesterday, but these constant blunders are even more evident, that despite their constant reassurance about how great the culture is, it all starts with who hired all of these people who keep making these mistakes over and over gain.