Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

11 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This all (unfortunately) boils down to one thing, which we all knew: money.  The other owners have no moral values whatsoever.  If they did, Snyder would have been gone long ago and all this coverup would never have happened.

Yep. You can be an ahole all you want but once you start hitting the owners wallets, they'll come after you.

Snyder destroying this team is bad for NFL business. This is a flagship franchise in the most powerful city in the world. It is the 7th largest media market in the country filled with affluent citizens. Its one thing to have a losing team, but you can't be hemorrhaging money and fan interest here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Nah, I want to see this place burn.  I want to see this team look as bad and as disorganized as they ever have been on a national broadcast tonight in conjunction with this article that dropped today.

I want them to get utterly destroyed every time they take the field. With that happening, he will be out eventually. If they become winners, it will justify everything Snyder has done to get to this point. 

Snyder needs to realize he is a loser and he will be one for the rest of his life. Sniveling little ****.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Panninho said:

So Wentz was a Snyder move - yeah, shocker!

If even half of what is reported in that story is true, the NFL has got to move on from him. And honestly, it feels like the league tries to do exactly that right now.

I took it differently.

1. Snyder gets a stadium deal = all is forgiven, no matter what atrocities occurred.

2. They actually vote Dan out of ownership, only for the most likely thing to happen being transferring it to Tanya.  That is NO WAY is a win for the fans.  Dan will still run the team by proxy.  Now, if Tanya divorces him, then we can talk.

I have no faith this goes well for the fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redwards said:

I took it differently.

1. Snyder gets a stadium deal = all is forgiven, no matter what atrocities occurred.

2. They actually vote Dan out of ownership, only for the most likely thing to happen being transferring it to Tanya.  That is NO WAY is a win for the fans.  Dan will still run the team by proxy.  Now, if Tanya divorces him, then we can talk.

I agree with you on 1. It is imperative he doesn't get a new stadium.

Disagree with you on 2. The owners aren't that dumb and they know simply transferring ownership to Tanya would NOT fly in this city. It has to be a clean slate and a brand new ownership group with a complete house cleaning of executives.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Let’s not forget how Snyder bragged to the Maryland gaming commission about how we “got our quarterback“. No we got HIS quarterback. And as usual, his quarterback is a huge setback for the franchise. there is a reason why, after all these years, he has still yet to hire a legitimate GM. 

ALL of Snyder's QBs have been busts: Jeff George, McNabb, Grossman, Haskins, Wince.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep. You can be an ahole all you want but once you start hitting the owners wallets, they'll come after you.

Snyder destroying this team is bad for NFL business. This is a flagship franchise in the most powerful city in the world. It is the 7th largest media market in the country filled with affluent citizens. Its one thing to have a losing team, but you can't be hemorrhaging money and fan interest here.

And the worst part?  All the owners are highly aware of this....yet would gladly overlook it (and the absolute hell that the fans are in) if Dan gets a new stadium.

The media will latch on, lock their jaws, and never ever let go if the NFL allows the “solution” to be transferring ownership to Tanya. That will never happen. The fact that was even floated in that article shows how desperate and backed into a corner Snyder is feeling imo. He just flinched in front of the world. 

• Like 2

I want the players on the team to win tonight AND I want Snyder gone. I completely understand the viewpoint of others that want the team to lose. Me? I don’t enjoy my favorite team losing. Nothing wrong with either side :) 

(and YES, no *^** we’ll most likely get embarrassed tonight no matter what I want lol) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I want them to get utterly destroyed every time they take the field. With that happening, he will be out eventually. If they become winners, it will justify everything Snyder has done to get to this point. 

Snyder needs to realize he is a loser and he will be one for the rest of his life. Sniveling little ****.

Yep.  I agree.  It's gotten to a point where I'm rooting against them.  I feel weird admitting that but I've said it before and I'll say it again...I would have a very, very hard time watching a Super Bowl victory and seeing that little piece of **** hoist the Lombardi.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

That's sad commentary.    I'm hoping for a 50 point win.  

Agreed, this is where people start to lose me.  I get the fans largely dislike Snyder, and he has earned all of it, but rooting for the team to lose to help build the case for him to go is something I could never do.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I get that, I really do, but after all that he's done should Dan really be allowed a legacy like that?

No disagreements, he's been awful, but I'm just trying to think how the NFL would likely think. Going through another rebrand would just create more confusion and likely turn off some in this dwindling fan base even more. Maybe I'm wrong. They've already gone through three identities rapid fire. Why not another at this point?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

I took it differently.

I mean ESPN is one of the NFL's biggest partners. They run the longest story against Dan Snyder to date with an incredible amount of detail and a plethora of league sources contributed. ESPN was pretty quiet up to date, all of this was the Washington Post so far.

The article itself makes the owner's and Goodell look weak and scared if they don't respond. It would indicate that they have lots of stuff to hide.

I don't think that multiple owner's would disclose these things to ESPN without reason. I think they are trying to kick off the process of getting rid of him. If they do that, they aren't doing it for the fans. They'd do it because they want Snyder gone for good because he destroys this market and is hated by all of them. So transferring it to his wife would, just like you said, be nothing more than a publicity stunt. Then they could just not do it and spare themselves the problems that come with it.

Maybe I am too optimistic. But this feels different than the WaPo articles because it is primarily based on league sources.

• Like 2

Its hard for me to actively root against the players on the field though. They have nothing to do with the mess in the ownership. Guys like McLaurin, Allen, Payne etc. don't deserve to be part of such a dumpster fire.

I think its okay to be vehemently anti Snyder which we all are but still want the guys who are out there busting their butts on the field to have some success.

• Like 4

Now it all makes sense why Rivera made that remark about the QB position this week. This is not a "coach centric" organization. snyder is running this show, per usual. I guess it'll be interesting what Ron has to say to the media after he gets the boot in a year or two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Agreed, this is where people start to lose me.  I get the fans largely dislike Snyder, and he has earned all of it, but rooting for the team to lose to help build the case for him to go is something I could never do.  

It’s something I could never do either, but to me, if people feel like rooting for the team to lose to help build the case for him to go is the best thing for them, heck, I won’t bash anyone for it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Why exactly?

The team is 1-4, and generally looks like 💩.

I might understand this if the team actually looked decent and that they had a shot to do something in the postseason.  But they look horrendous and they aren’t entertaining to boot.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Well well well...what do we have here....

@Skinsinparadise -  LOL.   I thought it would take longer than two days after I mentioned the Dan/Wentz stuff.

Do I believe Dan told Rivera to trade for Wentz and then negotiated the trade himself?   LOL.    Aren't you in politics?   You should know that people like saying things they know  others will believe.     This staff is failing.  Of course it's Dan's fault because they know people will believe it.

As for the story itself.....I have one word.....MONEY!    It's all about the money.    

I've said plenty of times Snyder is a douche...there are plenty of other douche owners....the difference is Snyder is costing them money.   

Yep you jinxed yourself when you said that about Wentz. :ols:     I've done the same on other issues so I can relate.

Yes, I am in politics and I also deal with the media and a lot.  And I can tell you I hate both, i'd love to be doing someting else.

Dan to me isn't a run of the mill bad owner.  He's being singled out because he's bad in EVERY way.  Sleazeball.  Unlikeable.  Incompetent.  AND cost them money.  And I agree money is the #1 reason as the article contends as for the owners distaste for him.

If Rivera and his crew are just making it up about Dan driving the Wentz deal and they worked Keim who is one of the best reporters IMO in sports -- then I gather Rivera might be fired this week.  Somehow I doubt it that Rivera is leaking stories that are false about Dan.  And Rivera is the new bad guy, bad dude, questionable integrity versus Dan. 

Yes, people leak false stories about people.  But Dan has almost a 25 year history of being on the wrong side of these stories -- and how many times has he been vindicated, 2-3 times out of a zillion?  The house money on Dan stories is to bet that a new layer to the story will come out later to make it seem worse -- not better, not the same -- typically worse.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Kraft survived the revelation of getting happy endings at massage parlors. I think the rest of the owners can survive whatever Danny Boy has on them, especially for the health of their individual wealth streams.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Thumb up 1

I’ll take the losses and hope the fanbase continues to dwindle until he sells. Complete losing, not getting a new stadium and ultimately being forced to sell for one reason or another is perfectly fine with me. I’ll more than happy to take a few more years of losing. I mean we’ve done it pretty regularly for 30 years now. So, it’s not much different.

Yeah, it would suck for the handful of good players we have, but something tells me they will be fine. We might lose them to better franchises, but that’s always a possibility anyways. 

Clean house from the owner on down. If we eventually get to keep a few good players, then great. If not, oh well. 

Yes, I hate Snyder that much. Actually, way more than that much, but I’ll leave that to y’all’s imaginations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1