Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't know how cutting edge I am, but is it possible that the concept of audibles is outdated? What I mean is...maybe this is being overblown a bit and that there is enough variation in each play call based on the defense that "audibles" are baked into each call, so to speak. Just because the team doesn't check out of play A into play B, might not mean they aren't allowed to adjust route concepts on the fly based on the looks that they get. 

It’s not something I’ve ever really paid attention to, but this got me thinking - I can’t recall anyone under center in this offense, barking out calls, making changes at the LOS.

That is something across the league, I’ve seen reserved usually for rookies or clipboard holders unexpectedly inserted into a game.  

To suggest that every playcall has the opportunity to work no matter the defense we are facing seems pompous at minimum.  It also explains a lot, for those times where we go “WTF did we just run it into the heart of that stacked box?”

49 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think it all goes back to audibles. Since we don't have any bascially Carson is supposed to know where  to go with the ball pre-snap. It sounds like he isn't getting it and he's looking at either the wrong receivers at the wrong time or the right receiver at the wrong times. 

I don't know honestly. Sounds like a bunch of excuses for poor play all around. 

What do progressions have to do with checking out of a bad run play?   Ron is confused.   

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That is something across the league, I’ve seen reserved usually for rookies or clipboard holders unexpectedly inserted into a game.  

Yeah that is the only real time I see "not allowed to audible" too.

Its totally understandable for a young player new to the NFL. Its hard enough to get a deep understanding of a playbook without the added headspace of memorizing every variation of a play and real time reading a pre-snap D that is in fact trying to fool you. Same goes for someone who has not had extended time to properly understand the playbook.

Vets almost always have some capacity to make changes at the line. Its something Wentz did with other teams as well, even if it was sometimes to reported detriment and pissing matches. The fact that we don't is abnormal and hurtful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

In his first 11 years as owner, we won at least 8 games in 6 times....in the next 12, we won at least 8 games 3 times....

If Dan remains the owner, This means one thing......bring back Redskins One, baby!  

That won't work any more. Top-notch free agents aren't interested in coming to this team...unless they get a guaranteed Deshaun Watson deal.

1 hour ago, CobraCommander said:

Jerry's face says it all. "Why are these idiots taking a picture with me and smiling? My team is going to embarrass them."

I don't understand how the team thought this was a good decision to post this. Do they think it will counteract all of the negative press about Snyder? Are they so tone deaf that they think the fans 'missed' Snyder due to his 'unfair suspension'? Do they think it was a good idea to show him hob-nobbing with the most hated NFL owner not named Dan Snyder?? This is supposed to be their #1 rival, not a business partner!

You don't see other teams posting about their owners, that's for darn sure.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s not something I’ve ever really paid attention to, but this got me thinking - I can’t recall anyone under center in this offense, barking out calls, making changes at the LOS.

To suggest that every playcall has the opportunity to work no matter the defense we are facing seems pompous at minimum.  It also explains a lot, for those times where we go “WTF did we just run it into the heart of that stacked box?”

I'm sure you guys are right...I guess what I was trying to describe and giving the staff the benefit of the doubt on possibly having in place is something like this: 

Each play has unspoken variations built into them that are triggered either by the cadence or just by the players recognizing the defense. So, it could be possible that each player knows his assignment against a base defense or a pressure defense (receivers would know if they are supposed to be a hot route or cut their patterns short, running backs would know if they should stay in and block/leak out as an outlet vs. extra rushers, etc.). 

Like I said, maybe that's triggered by Wentz barking out "Blue 19" (a certain color or odd number) instead of "Red 18" or something (rather than stepping away and demonstratively changing the play). Or, it's just a given based on everyone picking up what they see. 

I really don't know...but to me that's just as feasible as a NFL team truly lining up with no alternative but to run a 7-step drop against an 8-man pressure. 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think he’s confused.  I think it was a way of saying a lot without answering the question.

They just continue to show us how completely tone deaf they are to the fan base.  It is completely mind boggling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Jerry's face says it all. "Why are these idiots taking a picture with me and smiling? My team is going to embarrass them."

I don't know...Jerry looks more like he's prairie-dogging it to me.

Then again, he looks like that a lot.  

This is always the second to last stage before the firing and total collapse.  The anger stage, the starting to blame other people, get upset over the questions because you havent gotten any better after people have given you time.  It seems to happen every time as part of human nature.  The building pressure, interntal sense of failure, and no longer able to see a way out as nothing you have done as worked and you dont know what else to do.  You no longer have the calm assurance that you have time, you see it running short.

The last stage is when you see him no longer seem to care.  He will just give canned responses, have no answers, and seem sadly resigned to the fact nothing is going to get better.  Thats when hes accepted it, and usually when the firing happens.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

This is always the second to last stage before the firing and total collapse.  The anger stage, the starting to blame other people, get upset over the questions because you havent gotten any better after people have given you time.  It seems to happen every time as part of human nature.  The building pressure, interntal sense of failure, and no longer able to see a way out as nothing you have done as worked and you dont know what else to do.  You no longer have the calm assurance that you have time, you see it running short.

The last stage is when you see him no longer seem to care.  He will just give canned responses, have no answers, and seem sadly resigned to the fact nothing is going to get better.  Thats when hes accepted it, and usually when the firing happens.

We have seen this play out so many times before. Its the beginning of the end. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

I said yesterday that he looked like a guy who is at the end of the Snyder cycle.  Everyone eventually tailspins to a point where they are making very questionable decisions and appear to want to be anywhere but coaching this team.