Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

This picture sums up everything that is wrong with this organization:

Ok, I’ll bite: how?

How does a picture of a quote from Ron Rivera to his players after the MNF win last season sum up everything that is wrong with this organization? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How does a picture of a quote from Ron Rivera to his players after the MNF win last season sum up everything that is wrong with this organization? 

It’s a room devoid of anything other than a platitude. Obviously the whole point is for players to read it when it is full of their teammates. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

It’s a room devoid of anything other than a platitude. Obviously the whole point is for players to read it when it is full of their teammates. 

Ok…..? I’m still not seeing how that sums up everything that’s wrong with the organization

whatever. This debate isn’t worth any more of my time. Next topic 

Leaving James Harden GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Everything they needs is in the room...except, there's nothing there.

you’re reading wayyyy too much into it for what, a joke? Yeah, nobody’s there, hardy har har. I’m just guessing there’s a number of teams that have a similar quote in their locker rooms too, that are empty in the off-season. 

the emptiness of the locker room doesn’t change the coaches message to his players. It’s the message to them that’s important here. But don’t let that stop you from taking a shot at the organization……

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok…..? I’m still not seeing how that sums up everything that’s wrong with the organization

whatever. This debate isn’t worth any more of my time. Next topic 

He's explaining it in a convoluted way, let me try to simplify it:

It's a social commentary steeped in post-neoclassical materialism. In the 1980s, materialism was given a rebirth with the production of the oft-misunderstood "Material Girl" production by Madonna, which itself was a criticism of materialism. Ironically, that misunderstanding of its treatment of the production's subject gave rise to a culture in which material possessions were indeed celebrated and demanded. But as time has gone on, material possessions' significance was moved beyond just physical material. Now it has grown to be inclusive of keeping people as material possessions, and reducing their humanity and importance in the process.

This is evidenced by the banner in the room that reads "Everything we need is in this room". When one first walks into the room, "everything" encompasses the physical expanse of the room and the furniture, appliances, and accommodations within. But even as people enter the room, the banner remains the same while insidiously enforcing the mindset on the entrants that the people that they see inside are also included in "everything", reducing the beings they see simply to "things". As one realizes that he is only a material thing to the team, the importance of this thing's humanity all but cease, and he simply becomes an automaton to be operated at the team's leisure.

To combat this toxic, dehumanizing aspect of team culture, the banner should be changed to "Everybody and everything we need are in this room."

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

He's explaining it in a convoluted way, let me try to simplify it:

It's a social commentary steeped in post-neoclassical materialism. In the 1980s, materialism was given a rebirth with the production of the oft-misunderstood "Material Girl" production by Madonna, which itself was a criticism of materialism. Ironically, that misunderstanding of its treatment of the production's subject gave rise to a culture in which material possessions were indeed celebrated and demanded. But as time has gone on, material possessions' significance was moved beyond just physical material. Now it has grown to be inclusive of keeping people as material possessions, and reducing their humanity and importance in the process.

This is evidenced by the banner in the room that reads "Everything we need is in this room". When one first walks into the room, "everything" encompasses the physical expanse of the room and the furniture, appliances, and accommodations within. But even as people enter the room, the banner remains the same while insidiously enforcing the mindset on the entrants that the people that they see inside are also included in "everything", reducing the beings they see simply to "things". As one realizes that he is only a material thing to the team, the importance of this thing's humanity all but cease, and he simply becomes an automaton to be operated at the team's leisure.

To combat this toxic, dehumanizing aspect of team culture, the banner should be changed to "Everybody and everything we need are in this room."

batman-interesting.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wentz ends up being a bust, despite what many think; Ron doesn't survive that. Dan's not Going to trust Ron to get that qb in 23.

Nothing could happen this year that would lead to Rivera getting fired, no matter how horny you are for it. All your posting comes back to this root issue that you’re hoping for, but it’s not happening no matter how sure you are.

Actually, I take that back. There is one extremely dark scenario that I don’t even like to bring up that could lead to Rivera leaving—if we have a disheartening, poor season and his cancer comes back, I could see him gracefully bowing out to focus on his health and escape this hellhole.

But I don’t see him being remotely on the hot seat this year with Snyder himself. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hint: because in the picture there’s nothing in the room. It’s a joke. Lord, you are joyless, man lol 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hint: because in the picture there’s nothing in the room. It’s a joke. Lord, you are joyless, man lol 

But like I said, the emptiness of the room doesn’t change the coaches message to the players. And a locker room being empty in the off-season hardly sums up why the organization is awful. plenty of other things to choose that sum that up. An empty locker room? Not one of them. Sorry 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Why on earth would you people know Rex Ryans fetish? 

Its this what its cum to in the offseason? Smh 

Was a huge news story a few years ago lol, Wes Welker got in trouble with Belichick because he worked in as many foot puns as possible into his presser leading up to their division matchup against the Jets that year, was hilarious 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

But like I said, the emptiness of the room doesn’t change the coaches message to the players. And a locker room being empty in the off-season hardly sums up why the organization is awful. plenty of other things to choose that sum that up. An empty locker room? Not one of them. Sorry 

20EBE837-C1C6-4321-B609-B4AC858EA56D.jpeg

• Thumb up 1