Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Taking a wild guess that it’s Tanya. I don’t obviously know that for sure just guessing based off info. But we were told with the command the canvas that all final designs submitted had to go in front of ownership for final approval. I was also told by somebody else that works for the team that Tanya is extremely hands on with that stuff. Final designs were supposed to be submitted by yesterday with approval early next week. Like I said just guessing based off info I have. 

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Taking a wild guess that it’s Tanya. I don’t obviously know that for sure just guessing based off info. But we were told with the command the canvas that all final designs submitted had to go in front of ownership for final approval. I was also told by somebody else that works for the team that Tanya is extremely hands on with that stuff. Final designs were supposed to be submitted by yesterday with approval early next week. Like I said just guessing based off info I have. 

Designs of what?  uniform, new stadium?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I was also told by somebody else that works for the team that Tanya is extremely hands on with that stuff

Hands on huh?

When she tries to get you to add color shifting elements to your mural design you know we expect you to stand your ground right?

Hurrican Irma GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

Tanya Snyder has the design sense of a repressed stepford wife with not an ounce of creativity or soul in her body. I hate Dan and all but he needs to fire this ****. The uniforms she helped design are straight trash. On god, no cap. Frfr.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Designs of what?  uniform, new stadium?

So with the command the canvas it was a thing local fans/artists submitted designs for their art to be displayed at the stadium. I submitted a 3d print design kinda goofing off. Well it got selected.  There’s 17 of us and most of the people are muralists, graffiti artists, portrait makers that type of stuff and basically throughout the stadium all the empty walls and stuff are gonna be covered in art. Mine is obviously a little different. I’ll have a table in the suite level entrance with one big print and then I’ll have like printed signs commanders related on bar shelves on the club level, suite level and owners level bar. The graffiti Take Command is already done at the stadium down in the tunnel but I included it to give an idea about the different stuff that’s gonna be done around the stadium. 

D77369E5-7499-45E6-A2F1-37E46F484691.jpeg

B385A47B-3450-48B6-9392-3B41B469C385.jpeg

CD2EE77A-C182-40B6-B294-261FCD54477B.jpeg

21D69304-9B2D-431B-8E0C-0A318532CFAC.jpeg

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Hands on huh?

When she tries to get you to add color shifting elements to your mural design you know we expect you to stand your ground right?

Hurrican Irma GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lol I’m hoping my stuff largely goes unnoticed by them 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Don't know why, but just seeing that #HTTC now irritated me.

There's only one word that follows "Hail to the" and it isn't "Commanders."  The phrase needs to be retired with the old name.

I will say in their defense the fans did vote on that one 

10 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I will say in their defense the fans did vote on that one 

If they can overrule the fans to make a sucky team name, they can overrule the fans to stop a sucky hashtag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I just saw this thread from Jake Russell on Twitter regarding the 90 Greatest stuff and I just want to bang my head against a wall.

I remember Cooleyfan saying he comes from a family of editors. They need to hire you to fix crap like this.

8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I just saw this thread from Jake Russell on Twitter regarding the 90 Greatest stuff and I just want to bang my head against a wall.

I remember Cooleyfan saying he comes from a family of editors. They need to hire you to fix crap like this.

Wow. I didn’t even notice those mistakes. Although that’s because those players were before my time, so I’ve never heard of them before. 

it didn’t even occur to me to check if fletchers last name was spelled correctly 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

So Chip Lohmiller is actually considered a franchise great? Am I out of line in thinking that that is absurd?

I was at a Skins / Cowgirls game in Dallas and dude kicked four 45+ yard field goals in a game we won by two points on the way to the Super Bowl.

Jes sayin’

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that I’m surprised, but leaving Trent off is incredibly petty and on brand.  Out with the old and in with the same.

If that's what happened, I would totally agree.   I have a feeling it's a bit more sloppy.   Just like the misspelling of names.

They really need to change their process.  Make sure they triple check spelling of names and things like this Trent stuff.

The Trent thing has to be on purpose.  There’s no way folks could be sitting around thinking of the 90 greatest players, they get down to some dude calling out “Mike Sellers” and yet they forget Trent Williams.

For those excusing it because of how he departed, naaaaaahhhhh.

You either are or are not one of the 90 greatest players in franchise history whether you retired here or left with unsettled beef.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, hail2skins said:

They continue to misspell names and remain petty with the omission of Trent Williams.  And we are supposed to believe the culture has changed????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

So Chip Lohmiller is actually considered a franchise great? Am I out of line in thinking that that is absurd?

I guess the comp for the Birds would probably be Tony Franklin. Of course, the only thing I see which recognizes Eagles players is the Eagles Hall of Fame, which, if you count number of individuals, is more similar to the Redskins Ring of Fame. Both have about 50, so naturally are more selective. Mark Moseley is in both the Ring and 80 Greatest. Mike Bragg (punter during the Allen years) is in the 80 Greatest. David Akers is in the Eagles HOF.

My count for the 80 greatest is 20 pre-Allen contributors, 21 Allen contributors, 32 Gibbs 1 contributors, and 7 post-Gibbs contributors.

If I had to pick 10 of that list they provided, I'd go with Ryan, Santana, Joe L, London (he is in the Ring), Grant, Pec, Cooley, Torg, Sellers, and, yes, Chip.  Its hard for me to consider any of the others.

Serves to underscore how depressing these past 30 years have been. What would really be on-brand regarding Trent is if they.......simply forgot about him!  It seems less sinister, but would it really surprise you?

48 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You either are or are not one of the 90 greatest players in franchise history whether you retired here or left with unsettled beef. 

I don't have the strong opinions about Lavar that others do, but to me its absolutely stunning that he was up for consideration and got in to the 80 Greatest membership. I'd love to see the list of folks being considered back then.  Recency effect clearly played a role there.

54 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Trent thing has to be on purpose.  There’s no way folks could be sitting around thinking of the 90 greatest players, they get down to some dude calling out “Mike Sellers” and yet they forget Trent Williams.

For those excusing it because of how he departed, naaaaaahhhhh.

I'd add Trent already hinted after he left if he'd get into the Hall he'd do it with this team's uniform or something like that.  

It would be ironic if the one most likely Hall of Famer drafted by this team under Dan who would go in the Hall wearing this team's uniform does it instead as a 49er.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It would be ironic if the one most likely Hall of Famer drafted by this team under Dan who would go in the Hall wearing this team's uniform does it instead as a 49er.

It would be ironic and fitting.

Also, if they had just left Kirk Cousins off the list, you could have made a pretty good case it was just players who were no longer in the league.  

But since ol' Kirky is there, it seems petty.

This is the type of thing which drives me crazy.  It's such a nothingburger, but they cause negative swirl for no reason.  It feels a lot like "crestgate."  Except this time you would have to imagine Dan had input because I doubt Jason Wright decided to black-ball Williams on his own.  He wasn't here when the worst of it (or all of it? I don't remember when he was hired vs. when Trent was traded) went down.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It would be ironic and fitting.

Also, if they had just left Kirk Cousins off the list, you could have made a pretty good case it was just players who were no longer in the league.  

But since ol' Kirky is there, it seems petty.

This is the type of thing which drives me crazy.  It's such a nothingburger, but they cause negative swirl for no reason.  It feels a lot like "crestgate."  Except this time you would have to imagine Dan had input because I doubt Jason Wright decided to black-ball Williams on his own.  He wasn't here when the worst of it (or all of it? I don't remember when he was hired vs. when Trent was traded) went down.  

Williams was traded April of 2020, wright was hired august of 2020 so more like he was here for none of it. 

47 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

I feel like they were initially using #TakeCommand, until people began calling out that they straight lifted that from the now defunct AAF San Antonio Commanders.

They were using take command and yes some fans called out the aaf thing and some fans said they wanted HTTC so they put out a poll. HTTC won by an overwhelming majority if I remember correctly 

FYI, Tony Franklin was not good. He had a big leg — by the standards of the era, not today’s — but he was wildly inconsistent. He wasn’t even the team’s best barefoot kicker. Paul McFadden was better.

I would gag if Franklin were ever listed among the team’s greats.

My impression of Lohmiller was that he was an average NFL kicker and a bit of disappointment as a second round pick. Kinda like Mike Nugent. Okay but not memorable. (For the record, I consider them both to be better than Franklin.)