Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Just watched his high school “highlights”. He’s not good. No chance he ever plays a meaningful down at App State.

He has a few training videos on his Twitter,  all of course at team facilities with team trainers.  Concrete feet.  

I can’t imagine how much Dan had to donate to App State in order to get him on the team.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He has a few training videos on his Twitter,  all of course at team facilities with team trainers.  Concrete feet.  

I can’t imagine how much Dan had to donate to App State in order to get him on the team.

Looks like he made one catch which, of course, is the first play in his highlight video. Then there are like three decent blocks and the rest seem to be plays where he bumped a guy once briefly and didn’t fall down. I saw like five of them and then turned it off because there was seven minutes left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I saw like five of them and then turned it off because there was seven minutes left.

Oh, so you missed the one handed grab where he knocks over 3 or 4 dudes on the way to an 80 yard TD! :816:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

In case anyone thinks I’m exaggerating or just wants to be entertained by Snyder‘s kids not being good at football…

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GTzAE

I'm replying to this post, but it applies to all of them.

This is mean spirited.  Dan is fair game.  Trolling his kid is not a good look for any person or the fan base.  Imagine the ordeal the kid has had to endure growing up in this area having Dan as his father.  

I doubt he will ever see this thread (I hope to God he doesn't) but there is nothing to be gained, humor or otherwise, from picking on Dan's kid.

Jerry can't do anything about his situation, isn't his father, and shouldn't be made fun of because of who his father is.  And I don't care if Dan donated a library to App State to get him on the team.  That works out for App State just fine, and doesn't hurt any of us.  

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Gerry will be just fine, even if a few fans on this website poke fun at him.

It's a very bad look.  There's no reason to poke fun at him at all.  Seriously, do you think the guy has gone through 3 consecutive days of the last 3 years without somebody picking on him about his dad?  Either on line or in person? I can't imagine how many times he's had to hear somebody swear about his dad.  Regardless of what you think of Dan, that's really tough for any kid.  

There is no reason to feed it.  Just let it be. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think Gerry will be just fine, even if a few fans on this website poke fun at him.

...yeah, I dunno.  I don't mean to sound like a **** but online bullying is a thing, kids are more depressed these days more so now than ever.  It's flat out ignorant to think a kid will be "fine" because his parents are loaded.   

I'm inclined to agree with you but again, kids can't pick their parents and Gerry hasn't done anything wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's a very bad look.  There's no reason to poke fun at him at all.  Seriously, do you think the guy has gone through 3 consecutive days of the last 3 years without somebody picking on him about his dad?  Either on line or in person? I can't imagine how many times he's had to hear somebody swear about his dad.  Regardless of what you think of Dan, that's really tough for any kid.  

There is no reason to feed it.  Just let it be. 

Whether or not Gerry gets made fun of at school, or that these mild jokes on the forum are in bad taste fails to rank on my list of things to care about.  I'm sure he has top flight security to shield him from the ills of meanies who make fun of his dad, no need to don a cape for him.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

...yeah, I dunno.  I don't mean to sound like a **** but online bullying is a thing, kids are more depressed these days more so now than ever.  It's flat out ignorant to think a kid will be "fine" because his parents are loaded.   

I'm inclined to agree with you but again, kids can't pick their parents and Gerry hasn't done anything wrong.  

I might understand the sentiment more if we were actually pursuing him on social media to 'bully' him, but we're literally a few mild jokes in on a thread he'll never care to see.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I might understand the sentiment more if we were actually pursuing him on social media to 'bully' him, but we're literally a few mild jokes in on a thread he'll never care to see.

Fair enough, I mean posting his photo online here is kind of weird and in poor taste but we can agree to disagree.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Fair enough, I mean posting his photo online here is kind of weird and in poor taste but we can agree to disagree.

Someone brought up him playing at App State and it took .00003 seconds to find any of this stuff online.  I actually only posted it because his dad is infamous for appearing disheveled in public, wearing suits that are too big and/or wrinkled - and the first photo I see of him he's wearing a big ole late 90's Steve Harvey suit and thought it was funny.  Tough crowd.

And it wasn't you but for sake of not making another post about it, I find the comment 'who cares if his dad bought a library to get him on the team at App State' to be weird.  Umm, this is exactly the type of stuff that is a problem in our country today - wealthy buying their way into things regular folks have to work hard for.  I have no idea what transpired to get him in there nor do I care that much, just thought that was a ridiculous comment.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Howard Hughes, at least, made significant contributions to America. He certainly struggled with mental illness...which I don't believe is Snyder's problem at all. Snyder is possibly a psychopath, but is more likely just a typical narcissist...not that being a narcissist is beneficial to anyone else!

Here's the criteria for NPD:

• A grandiose sense of self-importance
  • Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
  • Believing that they are "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
  • Requiring excessive admiration
  • A sense of entitlement (unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with their expectations)
  • Being interpersonally exploitative (taking advantage of others to achieve their own ends)
  • Lacking empathy (unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others)
  • Often being envious of others or believing that others are envious of them
  • Showing arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Fits Snyder to a T!

A disproportionate amount of people in high-level positions, be it politics, businesses, medicine, and pretty much any other field you can think of have psychopathy relative to the general population.  Same for people with NPD.

Fun fact: Having NPD or psychopathy absolutely benefits others. Having surgery?  Give me one of them. They won't make decisions with emotions in mind and they will strive to be the absolute best so they can shove it in everyone's faces.  Need an attorney? Give me one of them. A black ops guy? Maybe not the narcissist, but psychopathy all day every day.

While he does present with my criteria for NPD, I'd say way more people have it than you think, including those you may actually admire.

It is very difficult to armchair diagnose someone who's such a recluse. That pushes out the excessive need for admiration, which is one of the more important aspects of NPD.  Also, lacking empathy is much more associated with anti-social personality disorder/psychopathy than it is NPD.

Just so you know because my client is running late.

Edited by NewCliche21