Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Off the top i can think of a couple

-Likely significantly reduced the penalties levied against us by the NFL due to its faith in Rivera n Wright

-Previous harassing culture seems to be gone.

-Major overturn of staff.

-New field

-A guy who is actually capable of dancing around sensitive topics in interviews and statements, which is invaluable when you have as many issues as we have

Better than what we had but not what I had been hoping for given the issues he helped cause.

To expound on this a bit.

-got rid of contracts for premium level seating as well as making tickets more affordable. Ex. I got club level endzone for 1800 for the year paid over 11 months. That includes food/beverage, parking and my ultra membership. The two person table tops on club are 2500 per person for the year and includes all that PLUS alcohol. 

-including more bang for your $ with said memberships. Theres a ton of cool events the teams are doing for STHs catered to the level you chose. 

-here recently ive noticed that a lot of content creators or podcasters, or people with youtube shows etc are getting more access to the team as media members

-hes actually fairly interactive with the fan base in general. 

-from what ive found having dealt with several of the sales reps, account execs etc most of them actually seem to care about the fans or people they have sold too etc. That from what I understand has largely not been the case in the past. 

-At last check about a month and a half ago team was like 1st or 2nd in the league in new STH sales with over 10,000

Theres some other stuff as well but just adding to what you said. Look the dude has made some mistakes for sure. But to be fair here what hes had to deal with and do here is almost unprecedented. But I do believe when you actually sit back and look at everything hes done alot more good than bad

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OK, let's get this thread on track where it belongs.

Looks like things will be fun in a few really :)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/14/report-it-appears-likely-roger-goodell-will-testify-before-oversight-committee-on-june-22/

Jarrett Bell of USA Today reports that it “appears likely” Goodell will accept the invitation. No official announcement has been made.

Bell adds that NFL representatives have had “constructive talks” with the Committee since the invitation was sent earlier this month.

The league had hoped it could avoid a public hearing entirely. Now that the hearing will indeed occur, the challenge becomes minimizing the potential P.R. fallout from the repeated grilling of Goodell by the various members of the Committee.

As previously explained, it won’t be easy for Goodell. In a press-conference setting, Goodell can slip from one topic, one questioner to the next. In the setting of a Congressional hearing, Goodell won’t be able to hide behind a deft non-answer while pivoting to a new topic from a new reporter. He’ll have to answer the questions.

Get the full article if you want by clicking on the link, but that's the best part of it :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

news item is released that the jville kicker, who was a pretty necessary piece for them, would be out for the season due to a huge gash he incurred why trying this stunt when he, like most of the team, had little or zero axe-log-chopping experience (something else i do know about)

just so so stupid and so typical of pinhead del rio...last years regression in defense is as attributable to dumbass del rio (and our offenses limitations @qb) as any 'chase young and friends' slump 

I guess he incorrectly assumed he was coaching grown ass men.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I understand why they didn't fire him as well.  It's merely my opinion that they could have cut ties and I'd be okay with that.  I have a hard time praising JDR's defenses here in Washington.  That 2020 season was bad for this team all the way around as it bred a confidence that wasn't deserved due to the covid season and playing so many backup QBs.  The defense he trotted out there last season appeared so lost on a regular basis, very little cohesion, paid a mint for and then played WJIII to his weaknesses, and the list goes on.  The last thing this dude needs to be doing is spouting off about anything that can be interpreted as divisive.  Save the whataboutism for the dining room table.

Well, regardless of how you view the 2020 team (I agree they weren't as good as their top-3 ranking), he's been a successful defensive coach pretty much everywhere he's gone. That's really my only point. 

Anyone else getting a few calls from the Commanders to lure us in to buy tickets? I’ve gotten a few in the past I think but seems they’re on it this off-season. Haha nice try I’m not getting sewage water dumped on me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-head-coach-rankings-2022-bill-belichick-andy-reid-john-harbaugh

Anyone see this? Ron 18th out of 26. Sounds about right.

I've heard the guy on Galdi's podcast talk about how they put it together.  I thought it was complete, utter, unadulterated trash.  

I don't know what the right rating should be. I tend to go with Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are" and leave it there.  (Which might put Ron at about the same spot, which is fine.  I have no real problem with the ranking as of right now. It's the metric and the way they got to it which was complete garbage.)

But I can tell you that when listening to the garbage the PFF guy was spewing about what was included, what wasn't, what they couldn't account for, etc, it was absolutely clear that the metric was created to generate clicks, had no basis in actual reality, was put out there to make PFF and their dear leader Cris Collinsworth look smarter than the average bear, and was as good at predicting the future as a magic 8 ball.

It was such a horrific display of stupidity, I'm shocked anybody would take anything from it.  

This is one of those statistics which prove the "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics" saying.

There is nothing about it which even remotely makes sense or should be used in any type of a conversation.

/Rant

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

I guess he incorrectly assumed he was coaching grown ass men.

Hate to break it to you but (setting aside workplace safety regulations—which you shouldn’t do, which is why JDR was so dumb for this) if you tried that in any random workplace across the country you’re going to get a huge percentage of people who don’t know what they’re doing, and some percentage of those people are going to hurt themselves. That’s reality. I grew up chopping firewood in rural CT, I’m 33. The vast majority of kids I knew were not doing that even then, and that was 20 years ago already. The more time goes on the less people are doing that, even in rural areas. It’s not some universal skill at all lol. In certain parts of the country you find it more often, sure. But you’re living in a bubble if you think most grown men in this country can comfortably and correctly chop wood with an axe. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Conn said:

Hate to break it to you but (setting aside workplace safety regulations—which you shouldn’t do, which is why JDR was so dumb for this) if you tried that in any random workplace across the country you’re going to get a huge percentage of people who don’t know what they’re doing, and some percentage of those people are going to hurt themselves. That’s reality. I grew up chopping firewood in rural CT, I’m 33. The vast majority of kids I knew were not doing that even then, and that was 20 years ago already. The more time goes on the less people are doing that, even in rural areas. It’s not some universal skill at all lol. In certain parts of the country you find it more often, sure. But you’re living in a bubble if you think most grown men in this country can comfortably and correctly chop wood with an axe. 

I feel what you're saying, and agree to a degree. But again this was a fooIball team of 21-30 year old men in their prime. Gladiators in the top 1% of athletes. lt's one thing to fell a tree in 20 strokes, and yet another to be able to chop into a log without severing an artery. I mean don't we still give hatchets to 10 year old boy scouts? (and sadly Workplace safety also shut down the full contact 11 on 11drills at my workplace too.)

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:04 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, he doesn't have the cash to build a $3B stadium.  Frankly, very few people do.  

But if he wanted to build a $3B stadium, he could without taxpayer money.  He has a $4B (minimum) asset he can borrow against.  Believe me, there are a ton of ways he could finance it all by himself.  (This is tangental to the business I've been in.  I'm not an expert in lending or lenders, but there's no question he could get the funding if he wanted to.

He could also:

- Sell part of the team to a minority owner for cash, and use the cash to pay-off the debt he currently has, and then build the stadium.

- Create a separate corporation to build the stadium, and take partners strictly for that.  There would be a bunch of real estate investors and Private Equity who would be interested in that type of an arrangement.  Maybe even the Lerners.  

There are probably other ways he could do it at well.  

He doesn't NEED tax payer money.  

But he would LOVE taxpayer money.  

I will say this, if I was in his position, there is NO WAY I'm building FedEx II in Landover and letting the state invest in the surrounding development.  That's horrible business.  If I'm going to foot the full bill for the stadium, I want ownership of everything around it also.  Unless the state will contract to me to develop the surrounding area, it's a total non-start from a business perspective.  I'd just sit and wait until I could get something in VA.  Or say "screw it" and go build in VA on my own.  

If you want to learn about NFL Economics the authority is John Vrooman at Vanderbilt University.

Here's a link to his NFL archive:

https://my.vanderbilt.edu/vrooman/category/sports-econ-blog/nfl/

You cannot barrow money against equity in an NFL franchise. You'd have to sell shares.

Snyder just finally got full ownership and it's been rumored that he's interested in selling minority shares, but he's not interested in selling for what he just paid. Saw something where he wanted 2x but can't remember where. It was back before he got approval on the financing.

Private financing for stadiums is typically 40%, as it's the most expensive portion of the deal.

Other financing options have to clear approval from the National Football League’s joint stadium and finance committee and takes a majority vote from 24 of the 32 NFL owners. Owners don't allow more than 40% Private Equity Loans because that could create legal problems down line if there's problems. Seeing that Snyder isn't in the favor of many, he might have a problem getting 24 votes on a deal that isn't backed by a bond. He does appear to need Public Support to build a new 3B stadium from everything that I can see. One of the larger issues is transportation and roads. Without public support there's no approvals and the politicians can hang the project.

Here's a bit of historicals about the NFL G-3 and G-4 Credit Facility Has Made it Possible for New State-of-the-Art Stadiums

https://www.greenberglawoffice.com/nfl-credit-facility-has-made-possible-new-state-of-the-art-stadiums/

It's pretty sticky but without public support theirs not going to be any new stadium.

• Like 1

Welp, we knew this was coming...hope they subpoena his @$$:

Scoop: Dan Snyder declines to testify before Oversight Committee

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/15/dan-snyder-testify-congress-nfl

Daniel Snyder, the owner of the Washington Commanders, is declining to testify before a House Oversight and Reform Committee hearing next week on workplace misconduct in the NFL, Axios has learned.

Driving the news: Snyder informed the committee today that he will be unable to attend the scheduled June 22 hearing over concerns he and his legal team have over due process, according to a source close to Snyder.

• “Although Mr. Snyder remains willing to cooperate with the Committee—as he has done in the past— for the reasons set forth below, he is unable to accept the Committee’s invitation to testify at the scheduled hearing,” Karen Patton Seymour, Snyder’s attorney, wrote to the committee, according to a letter obtained by Axios.

The big picture: Snyder’s decision not to appear before Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney’s hearing will deprive her of a high-profile witness into her investigation into workplace misconduct at the Commanders.

• “The Committee’s goal has been to uncover the truth about the culture of harassment and abuse at the Washington Commanders, to hold accountable those responsible, and to better protect workers across the country,” Maloney said when she announced her hearing.
  • The NFL team is facing allegations from some former employees, including cheerleaders, that there was widespread sexual harassment at the franchise.

Go deeper: The team faces other allegations and investigations, including questions into whether it withheld some ticket revenue from the rest of the league, Axios has reported.

• A key Democratic member of the committee, Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.), cancelled a planned fundraiser after Politico reported that lobbyists were inviting donors to the event to discuss his official probe.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Welp, we knew this was coming...hope they subpoena his @$$:

Granted even if Dan could get over his social phobias, I'd probably not recommend him speaking in front of that committee if I was his lawyer.  But Dan maybe should realize one day if he's going to be a total douche in the dark with people -- he may want to tone that down because someday that might force him to face his public speaking phobia.  

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd probably not recommend him speaking in front of that committee if I was his lawyer

If hes subpoenaed he better get over that phobia of his real quick. Subpoena him for the 22nd meeting. If hes not there hold him in contempt of congress. Lets see if he's willing to sit out of the country until January. Hell subpoena Tanya. Don't let either of them enter the country. Would piss the other owners off so much

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Goodell attending and Snyder not is a best case scenario.  It doesn’t mean Roger will throw him under the bus, but he can if he wants with no rebuttal from Dan.  

Seems that's how it's gonna happen. Dan said he won't attend. Which was expected. Even if he was subpoena I would expect him to not show.

2 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

Supposedly Roger is going to meet with the panel. Sure he'll shift and dodge to cover them both. 

Depends on how the commitee plays it with him. As Florio said, if he shows up, it's not gonna be a gentle talk and he won't be able to discard questions he doesn't like. He'll have to answer them. Lying or telling the truth will be up to him obviously, But he'll have to answer questions anyway, and who knows what the commitee might do if they aren't pleased with his answers.

That's kinda what's fun with people that are well used is the PR department and can do whatever they want with it. If you back them in a corner you can absolutely get them with their pants down and they start panicking because they're out of their comfort zone. At this point, Roger will tell them whatever they want to hear.

But it requires the commitee to not be gentle about it and put Roger on the grill all day long.

21 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Depends on how the commitee plays it with him. As Florio said, if he shows up, it's not gonna be a gentle talk and he won't be able to discard questions he doesn't like. He'll have to answer them. Lying or telling the truth will be up to him obviously, But he'll have to answer questions anyway, and who knows what the commitee might do if they aren't pleased with his answers.

That's kinda what's fun with people that are well used is the PR department and can do whatever they want with it. If you back them in a corner you can absolutely get them with their pants down and they start panicking because they're out of their comfort zone. At this point, Roger will tell them whatever they want to hear.

But it requires the commitee to not be gentle about it and put Roger on the grill all day long.

Frankly, while the committee is clearly out to get Dan, their REAL beef is with Rodger, because it's good ol' Rodge who didn't "release the report."

So, they're going to have a good time with that.  

Now, if the committee is doing it's job with Rodgers, they would be wise to ask him about the Raiders, Cowboys and Watson situations as well as the Commander's investigation. Will they? Who knows.

I would assume Dan (or Dan's attorneys) and Rodger (or the NFL's attorney) have an agreement as to what Rodge is going to say, and how he is going to answer questions. However, this is SUPER dangerous from a PR perspective for Dan.  

I think it comes down to this:  Are there enough owners who want Dan out that Rodger uses this as an opportunity to completely crush Dan, and that gives the other owners "cover" to do whatever it is they want to do.  

Or, are they "fine" with Dan, in which case, Rodger actually works for Dan (at least partially, because he IS an owner, and the commissioner works for the owners) and in that relationship, it's Rodgers job to take the bullets for the owners.  Which he is extremely well paid for.  

So the way Rodger handles this will be very telling as to what the other owners feel about Dan.  If they really want him out, then Rodger will not go out of his way to protect Dan.  If they are on the fence or don't care, he will, at the very least, not throw him under the bus because it would not serve the league's purpose.

My hope is he comes out, says they investigated the financial stuff, found Dan was smuggling money (and guns, and opium, and illegal panda meat for all I care) and the league is seriously looking at additional discipline including forcing him to divest his ownership.  Do I think that's likely.  No, not really.  But I can hope.

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Larry Michael,

If the committee wanted to subpoena anybody, they should subpoena Larry.  I swear, Larry knows. If there is dirt that can get Dan ousted.  Larry knows. 

• Like 2