Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is HUUUUGE news guys!

Tony Perkins is plugged ALMOST as deep into the NFL cognoscenti as Pete Davidson is plugged into Kim Kardashian (so to speak).

T-Perk don't say it unless he knows it's a done deal.

I Will believe it when I see it.

Dan isn’t just going to sell; he will go kicking and screaming and suing.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

God, I hope so.  I want it to be so bloody and messy.  I totally want him going out in a blaze of glory with back to the door and just machine gunning lawsuits and leaks and accusations and scandals and everything he can, Tony Montana style.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

"In 2016, the NFLPA won a legal battle with the league regarding the allegedly improper diversion of funds from the salary-cap fund to a nonexistent stadium-renovation exception."

This is a big red flag that this is standard procedure for the entire NFL...it's not just Snyder, they're all in on squeezing money away from the players. Maybe this is what league lawyer Jeff Pash meant when he told Bruce Allen that keeping player salaries low was "doing God's work."

I smell a rat. The NFL won't dig deep into this because they're all guilty. Snyder probably won't go anywhere...he can flip and get immunity from the FTC if he agrees to rat out the other owners.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

"In 2016, the NFLPA won a legal battle with the league regarding the allegedly improper diversion of funds from the salary-cap fund to a nonexistent stadium-renovation exception."

This is a big red flag that this is standard procedure for the entire NFL...it's not just Snyder, they're all in on squeezing money away from the players. Maybe this is what league lawyer Jeff Pash meant when he told Bruce Allen that keeping player salaries low was "doing God's work."

I smell a rat. The NFL won't dig deep into this because they're all guilty. Snyder probably won't go anywhere...he can flip and get immunity from the FTC if he agrees to rat out the other owners.

This is logical and fits the fact set as we currently understand it.

I have actually been mentally working on a post with the same premise (including the true meaning of Pash's "doing Gods work" comment) which I'll now scrap.

I think that if this scenario is correct there is another avenue available that could potentially lead to Snyder's removal.

The key is going to be how the NFLPA reacts.

If they are reasonably angry, that is not irate, overly emotional and out for blood at all costs, they may be willing to offer Goodell/NFL a deal.

In exchange for the NFLPA not lawyering up, demanding a forensic accounting of ALL teams revenue over the past decade, and going to the mattresses the agreement might include the following:

1. Increase the salary cap to make up for a portion of the players estimated lost revenue due to the institutional malfeasance which almost certainly has existed for years. (The amt. of the increase will be negotiated by both parties without having a forensic investigation of each team's finances-- something the NFL would never voluntarily do.)

2. In addition the players need to get some non-financial concession that they've been asking for that the owners up to now have refused to consider. It could be anything from eliminating mandatory minicamps entirely to allowing all players to become unrestricted free agents a year earlier than they do now.

3. Most of all there needs to be a scapegoat. Someone that they can both point to as the evil scoundrel behind all this wickedness. A sacrificial lamb whose slaughter preserves the peace between both sides and keeps the blood thirsty public at bay.

The ideal candidate for that position you ask?

Why none other than Mr. Daniel "Faustus" Snyder, of course.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Idk I could see them using him as a sacrificial lamb and saying how dare he steal from us and the players to divert attention. And I know many have said that Dan is very litigious but let’s think about that for a second he’s always gone after people who have less money than him who have no real chance of fighting him in court who he can outlast just from a money perspective. Here’s the difference we aren’t talking “lowly” season ticket holders, millionaires, or hell even one single billionaire. We are talking about the type of uneven fight that Snyder usually brings to people. We are talking MULTIPLE billionaires and millionaires he would have to fight in court. It would be a very unfair fight and not in Snyder’s favor. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

"You have a disease that is going to kill you. Here's your choice. Take this medicine, and the disease will be cured, and we are 99.9999 percent sure you'll be in far better shape than you are now and will be able to enjoy your life again. That said, there is a .0001 percent chance that the side effects of this medicine will also kill you, just like, I don't know, a couple days earlier than if you just stay the course. So, what will it be?"

"Mmmmm. I'll need to pray on it ... hmmmm ... tough call ...." 

😂

Dans a D bag, I wouldn’t urinate on the guy if he spontaneously combusted. That said the 99% guarantee that someone else will lead to immediate winning football is wishful thinking

It’s just another Fresh start in a long line of attempts. I personally could care less who owns this turd if they will just win more than they lose in a remotely consistent manner. Fully admit I’m burned out and massively jaded.   Perhaps Elon would be interested, the stadium would be Sweet  at least lol. 

• Like 1

Just how much revenue did Dan hide and is it really a huge difference in the yearly salary cap?

40% of ticket sales goes into that pool, divided among the teams.

The Commies ticket sales have been declining for years.

Was the money Dan kept really a huge amount that drastically affects the salary cap.

It would probably have to be something over 10 million ; to really impact the salary cap.

I doubt the amount of revenue hidden really matters much. It's about the fact that he's doing it.

Legally speaking that's the same thing to rob $10 than robbing $50M. There's still someone that's being robbed.

If NFLPA feels flawed, they have every right to feel that way and can sincerely believe that Dan isn't the only one doing it here. So, in the end, that's still quite a lot of money being taken away from them.

There move regarding this story will be interesting. And the fact they haven't said anything yet maybe means they're weighting their options.

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Most spoiled entitled brats do.  However, the most important part is that he is going to sell. 

7 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

This is potentially huge.  Say the whole league, by which I mean the players warm up for week one but do not go out and play as a stance to force the NFL to remove Snyder or no football.  Hell, they have gone on strike for the things that Snyder is alleged to have effectively stolen from them.  

I believe the NFLPA is waiting to see what happens with this investigation, and what Godell will do.

Unlikely? Maybe but something to think about.

Or what if Washington alone does it.

If I am a player/leader I am not going to anything offseason related to this team.  OTA, Voluntary or not.  Players have a ton of leverage because there is a finite amount of people that can perform the jobs at this level.

Again full disclosure, I do not care what gets him out, ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Just as an aside... If Snyder keeps the team this isn't going to help us attract free agents moving forward. This makes things worse. 

He has to go for this franchise to find meaningful success. That's been the case for awhile, but in recent years it's worse.

And despite my involvement in draft strategy and game threads... that's more because I love football. I have actually cared a hell of a lot less about wins/losses the last few years while more and more comes out about the kind of human Snyder is. I don't see that getting better with him here.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

Since my last post, which was admitedly far too long, failed to gain much traction let me give a few bullet points on my hypothesis.

Before the speculation a few important facts:

The NFL puts 100% of certain combined revenue of all teams into a pool that determines the salary cap and the players salaries.

If the pool is 100 million dollars for simplicities sake let's say 50 mil goes to the owners and 50 mil goes to the players.

Simple enough.

The key is that other revenue that owners make is not included in the pool of money going to the players.

Therefore the owners have a financial incentive to make as much non-pooled money as they can because they get 100% of money that is exempt from the salary cap pool calculus and 50% of money that is included in the pool.

Speculation follows.

Now suppose the following:

1. Suppose that the Commanders "juicing" of ticket sales was actually part of a league wide, commisioner sanctioned, conspiracy.

2. Suppose that every team agreed to do the same thing but in an organized way to hide revenue not from each other but from the NFLPA.

3. This would have the effect of increasing each team's profit while at the same time decreasing the money pool that is used to determine the annual cap.

4. Suppose also that ticket sales are not the only revenue stream each team "juices".

5. Suppose that everything from concessions, to merchandise, to corporate sponsorships have some secret "juicing" occuring.

6. That would make this much more league wide than the $5 million dollars Snyder "juiced".

7. BTW that $5 million, when multiplied by the 32 individual teams, would amount to $160 million dollars in "juicing" revenue league wide that was made exempt from the calculus used to determine the player's salary cap.

8. When you add the juicing of other, hypothetical revenue streams in an organized manner by all teams, WE ARE POTENTIALLY TALKING ABOUT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN REVENUE HIDDEN FROM THE NFLPA AND EXEMPT FROM THE SALARY CAP.

9. Is this what the league's attorney Jeffrey Pash meant when he called saving money from players, "Doing God's work?"

10. What has been revealed so far may be just the tip of the iceberg. This could end up being an event that forever redefines the league and leads to the ouster of Goodell, Pash, the NFL management council and possibly other team owners--  starting with Dan.

11. This also explains clearly, and without ambiguity, why the league has been protecting Snyder.

12. The key to everything will be when, how and if, the NFLPA reacts to this. So far they have been conspicuously silent.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Since my last post, which was admitedly far too long, failed to gain much traction let me give a few bullet points on my hypothesis.

Before the speculation a few important facts:

The NFL puts 100% of certain combined revenue of all teams into a pool that determines the salary cap and the players salaries.

If the pool is 100 million dollars for simplicities sake let's say 50 mil goes to the owners and 50 mil goes to the players.

Simple enough.

The key is that other revenue that owners make is not included in the pool of money going to the players.

Therefore the owners have a financial incentive to make as much non-pooled money as they can because they get 100% of money that is exempt from the salary cap pool calculus and 50% of money that is included in the pool.

Speculation follows.

Now suppose the following:

1. Suppose that the Commanders "juicing" of ticket sales was actually part of a league wide, commisioner sanctioned, conspiracy.

2. Suppose that every team agreed to do the same thing but in an organized way to hide revenue not from each other but from the NFLPA.

3. This would have the effect of increasing each team's profit while at the same time decreasing the money pool that is used to determine the annual cap.

4. Suppose also that ticket sales are not the only revenue stream each team "juices".

5. Suppose that everything from concessions, to merchandise, to corporate sponsorships have some secret "juicing" occuring.

6. That would make this much more league wide than the $5 million dollars Snyder "juiced".

7. BTW that $5 million, when multiplied by the 32 individual teams, would amount to $160 million dollars in "juicing" revenue league wide that was made exempt from the calculus used to determine the player's salary cap.

8. When you add the juicing of other, hypothetical revenue streams in an organized manner by all teams, WE ARE POTENTIALLY TALKING ABOUT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN REVENUE HIDDEN FROM THE NFLPA AND EXEMPT FROM THE SALARY CAP.

9. Is this what the league's attorney Jeffrey Pash meant when he called saving money from players, "Doing God's work?"

10. What has been revealed so far may be just the tip of the iceberg. This could end up being an event that forever redefines the league and leads to the ouster of Goodell, Pash, the NFL management council and possibly other team owners--  starting with Dan.

11. This also explains clearly, and without ambiguity, why the league has been protecting Snyder.

12. The key to everything will be when, how and if, the NFLPA reacts to this. So far they have been conspicuously silent.

This is an excellent post.  Thank you CITR for posting.

This makes perfect sense now.  Why does Godell nit want a written transcript of the Wilkerson report.  What is there to hide.

Reminds me so much of the scene between Costner and Sutherland sitting on a bench with Lincoln Memorial in the background, and Sutherland explaining why no one will ever really know what happened on Nov 22 1961.

Side note.  Sutherland won best supporting actor for that scene alone.  Now that's acting.

Once again, absolutely spot on post CITR.

Here is the scene that I am talking about.  Enjoy...

JFK (4/7) Movie CLIP - A Meeting with X (1991) HD - YouTube

Edited by sebestian
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

😂

Dans a D bag, I wouldn’t urinate on the guy if he spontaneously combusted. That said the 99% guarantee that someone else will lead to immediate winning football is wishful thinking

It’s just another Fresh start in a long line of attempts. I personally could care less who owns this turd if they will just win more than they lose in a remotely consistent manner. Fully admit I’m burned out and massively jaded.   Perhaps Elon would be interested, the stadium would be Sweet  at least lol. 

Thing is, though, I just want a team (for starters) that I can be proud of again, that i don't have to worry about what scandal is coming next or have a guy owning it that I hate so much that I can't separate him from the team anymore. I can take more losing if I can at least get that. It goes beyond winning games for me at this point. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

32 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Couple of stories and some tweets from so called insiders made this board go moist.

🤣

Thirsting over Dan’s departure!

Guilty as charged. I go full woodpecker for any sniff of Snyder being gone. It’s really all that matters to me anymore about this team. Used to be about winning, but now pile on the moral and ethical issues and the situation is impossible. Can’t even win if we somehow got lucky, because “winning” would also mean Snyder winning. I literally hate him more than I love the team anymore, and that’s sad. I will continue with much giddiness to join CIR in liking every anti-Snyder post. Will we win when he’s gone? Well of course! Every game, win or lose, will feel like a “win” to me because I’ll finally have my team back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That’s awesome. The NFLPA will pitch a hissy fit and rightfully so. 

it just got worse for Snyder. 

I said this when the original story broke--this is where the real problem will come from--not Congress, FTC, Banks, or any of the lawyers.

Not so much that I am smart, but I am also right. And humble.

• Like 2

Well I'm in a strange place. I had committed to switching to the Ravens, I'm following their draft reports and getting familiar with their roster.  I have purposely avoided any Washington draft talk.  Now with this latest revelation I have no idea which team's draft to follow.  Is it possible that they kick out Dan before the draft?  No that's not possible.  But I feel more positive with each day which seems to bring yet another report, all bad for Little Danny.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well I'm in a strange place. I had committed to switching to the Ravens, I'm following their draft reports and getting familiar with their roster.  I have purposely avoided any Washington draft talk.  Now with this latest revelation I have no idea which team's draft to follow.  Is it possible that they kick out Dan before the draft?  No that's not possible.  But I feel more positive with each day which seems to bring yet another report, all bad for Little Danny.  

image.gif.23b5bc0ea159b7b80fb1bd4c57d89ba9.gif

• Thumb down 2

Two things that force Dan to sell the team:

1.  A complete sponsor revolt.  If the other owners or NFLPA feel any pain from Dan’s issues they will turn on him.  Otherwise he slides through paying some hefty fines.  

2.  Conviction of criminal charges.  If they can prove fraud, maybe a couple lies to Congress, etc. 

That said, what do we really expect to change with a new owner?  Change of management/coaches?  Maybe get out of the headlines? Not be the butt of NFL jokes?  These may all be positive things but do any of them change the output between the lines?

Changing owners could most certainly be a positive thing for the organization moving forward, but it would have little short term impact on the product on the field.  Don’t fool yourselves into believing anyone that could afford to buy the franchise will automatically be better (Billionaires all seem to be a bit eclectic, politically motivated, and uniquely ambitious).  I have always hated the saying “it can’t get any worse” because in my experience it almost always can.

I will be extremely surprised if this gets Dan.  If it does it’s going to drag the organization through some serious mud, but it would be a good first step in the organizational healing process.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, evmiii said:

Two things that force Dan to sell the team:

1.  A complete sponsor revolt.  If the other owners or NFLPA feel any pain from Dan’s issues they will turn on him.  Otherwise he slides through paying some hefty fines.  

2.  Conviction of criminal charges.  If they can prove fraud, maybe a couple lies to Congress, etc. 

That said, what do we really expect to change with a new owner?  Change of management/coaches?  Maybe get out of the headlines? Not be the butt of NFL jokes?  These may all be positive things but do any of them change the output between the lines?

Changing owners could most certainly be a positive thing for the organization moving forward, but it would have little short term impact on the product on the field.  Don’t fool yourselves into believing anyone that could afford to buy the franchise will automatically be better (Billionaires all seem to be a bit eclectic, politically motivated, and uniquely ambitious).  I have always hated the saying “it can’t get any worse” because in my experience it almost always can.

I will be extremely surprised if this gets Dan.  If it does it’s going to drag the organization through some serious mud, but it would be a good first step in the organizational healing process.

I don't think it's a stretch to assume that literally any new owner will be an improvement. We have many years of data to support the theory that the team will never win with Dan Snyder.  We aren't looking for a quick fix, fans are in it for the long haul. And there is no doubt long term it would be best for the team's future that a new owner is in place.  

56 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

image.gif.23b5bc0ea159b7b80fb1bd4c57d89ba9.gif

Not sure if this is a shot at me or not but I won't apologize for being OFF this team as long as these creatures own it.  

• Like 2