Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Let's just cut to where this is headed.

Snyder still owns the team because the allegations will be too hard to prove and NFL owners don't want their own dirty laundry aired by an inevitable Danny Boy lawsuit.

But Snyder has somehow made this dumpster fire even bigger and absolutely no one will give him money to build a new stadium.

Wentz somehow actually looks good.... and then a giant sinkhole in Fed Ex swallows him whole.

The end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoCommiesGo said:

Wouldn't the money hold back also effect the pool of funds available to the players? 

If that's true, wouldn't the players association have a legitimate claim to directly sue the team to recover possible losses?

Sounds like they’ve audited the numbers for years and never picked anything up as well.

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Sounds like they’ve audited the numbers for years and never picked anything up as well.

A general audit versus a line by line detailed audit are very different things. I'm not sure what the NFL does, but I doubt they dig into a franchise books to deeply, unless it's for sale. But, that would likely be on the purchasing parties end more than the NFL. 

This could be nothing or it could be something. From my very limited interactions with truly wealthy people, messing with their money is a big no no. 

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I love the roller coaster of emotions in here monthly. I almost think Snyder is vindictive enough to hire people to put out fake stories just to see the fanbase get excited… and then he laughs as he sees your hopes and dreams dashed again and again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

The NFL is going to have to say something now, and I think their first statement is going to be extremely telling. (Assuming it hasn't come out, I haven't see it if it has.)

I will say the congressional committee has given the NFL all the ammo they should need to just say, "My God, this isn't worth it" and force Snyder out. 

Honestly, I'm pretty convinced there is nothing there on this financial stuff.  I trust congress as much as I trust Dan, and they have an axe to grind, and politicians have absolutely no problem lying, cheating and stealing if it serves their personal agenda.

But I also don't really care. if there is anything there or not.  I'm not really sure the NFL owners are going to care at this point either.  Dan is now so firmly in the crosshairs of the media and congressional committee (though, that's going to end in November, most likely), there is no way to recover.  And at some point, in order to protect the shield, they have to divorce themselves from Dan.  Because I'm pretty sure the media is NEVER going to stop this crusade.  

And the media controls a lot of public opinion. 

And public opinion impacts elected officials. Because the public votes.  

And the NFL wants a new stadium and they want public money for it. Which is controlled by the elected officials, which is influenced by public opinion, which is influenced by the media.  (This is called the transitive property.)

So, ergo, the NFL might want Dan out just for the reason they can get a new owner in to get better funding for the stadium. It might just be that simple, in the end.

I really hope it is.  

And honestly, for the first time ever, I am starting to feel like there's a chance.  I hadn't felt that way through the entire sexual misconduct scandal, mostly because I believe Jerry slaps every hot woman on the ass as he passes them, and has for the past 30 years, so there's no way a "hand on the thigh" was going to do Dan in, even if true.  I didn't feel that way with the initial financial impropriety stuff.  The lawyers of the 40 women and that guy seem to be completely over their skis.  

But THIS might be the straw that broke the camels back.  It might just be the "enough already.  We'll get rid of him. Just shut up and go away" moment.  

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I love the roller coaster of emotions in here monthly. I almost think Snyder is vindictive enough to hire people to put out fake stories just to see the fanbase get excited… and then he laughs as he sees your hopes and dreams dashed again and again.

56CA7D69-BBFF-4279-AA97-CBB1D62F1F09.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

A general audit versus a line by line detailed audit are very different things. I'm not sure what the NFL does, but I doubt they dig into a franchise books to deeply, unless it's for sale. That would likely be on the purchasing parties end more than the NFL. 

This could be nothing or it could be something. From my very limited interactions with truly wealthy people, messing with their money is a big no no. 

I tend to disagree with the top statement, because the NFL PA and the NFL audit the books because of shared revenue and collective bargaining agreement payments.  I think they look into ALL of it VERY CAREFULLY because the dollar is king.

The second statement is 100% true.  (Though it's true for just about anybody).  But for damn sure Billionaires will not tolerate being cheated.  They want to be the ones cheating.  Not the other way around.  Screwing with their money is akin to the glove-face-slap which would challenge a person to a duel in medieval times.  

3 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

I agree with @Voice_of_Reason, at this point it feels like a lot of these things that coming out are further hindrances to Ron and the organization moving on from the past and portraying a new positive culture that they are trying desperately to instill. It just becomes a dark cloud for all of the coaches and players currently here trying to change the tide and makes attractive FAs hesitant and unlikely to want to come here. 

So, 2 posts up (or something like that) I kindof took the opposite view on this one.  

This one seems to have the kind of legs which MIGHT actually get NFL Owner momentum.  

Though, if it fails, it will have helped nothing.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Because I once thought there was hope, DH. I once thought there was hope.

I was told in front of 40 people in a conference room when I said, "I hope so" to a CIO/Former navy Admiral, "Hope is not a strategy."

That was a wonderful day.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I tend to disagree with the top statement, because the NFL PA and the NFL audit the books because of shared revenue and collective bargaining agreement payments.  I think they look into ALL of it VERY CAREFULLY because the dollar is king.

You could be very right. I'm not sure what the standard of review is, but to even have an inkling that separate books are being used you would need to completely rip apart cash flow statements, balance sheet and backup materials. I doubt they do that level of review. I think they assume the incentive to is great for anyone to possibly screw around over a few million.

I could be wrong. But, I would not be surprised in the least if he screwed around like is being described. He seems like that type of guy from everything I've read.  

The second statement is 100% true.  (Though it's true for just about anybody).  But for damn sure Billionaires will not tolerate being cheated.  They want to be the ones cheating.  Not the other way around.  Screwing with their money is akin to the glove-face-slap which would challenge a person to a duel in medieval times

That's true, no one wants to have their money messed with. I'm excited to just see how this plays out. 

I

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If there was a skim, then the Redskins might have kept it small enough at any one time so as not to arouse auditors' suspicion.

An audit isn't a criminal investigation. They're going to look at the books they're given and only raise a concern if things look off.

• Like 2

The fact the “team” aka Snyder’s lawyer hasn’t put out another disdainful statement the way this is spreading is imo a good sign that it’s a bit more complicated than when the testimony leaked without enough detail last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

The fact the “team” aka Snyder’s lawyer hasn’t put out another disdainful statement the way this is spreading is imo a good sign that it’s a bit more complicated than when the testimony leaked without enough detail last week. 

Didnt it take around 48 hours last time? I don’t remember. It’s coming. I’m sure Goodell will stick up for him as well, of course, that’s his job. 

all this Dan stuff could bring a crap storm onto the NFL. if they get him out quickly, they might be able to weather it, but he could bring more. The next year is going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Because I once thought there was hope, DH. I once thought there was hope.

Ask your Doctor if Hopium is right for you!*

* Side effects include butterfly sensation in your stomach, excessive energy and involuntary aphorisms. Call your moderator if hope remains high for more than 4 hours. 

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 6