Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

2 billion? Even if he sells to the league first for stewardship, I’d bet Snyder gets closer to 6 billion. We won’t know how much of that ends up back in the other owners’ pockets to repay debt, of course. 

I wonder if the league would even have to report how much they paid him if they bought the team first. Whenever it’s sold to it’s new owner, that will of course be reported. But I wonder, if the 31 other owners buy Snyder out and then resell, if we’d ever know how much he got. 

The NFL would have a fiduciary duty to Snyder to get the most amount of money for him. If the NFL somehow acquired the team, there would be a massive push to find a owner to add diversity to NFL ownership ranks even if that came at a discount over maximizing the sale value. Snyder would have a pretty strong claim against the NFL. 

The most likely scenario is the league would install an independent master to oversee the sale similar to what happened with the executor of JKC’s estate and what’s happening in Denver. It will be highest bidder that can be approved by the NFL.

The highest bidder for the Redskins was a group headed by Milstein. The NFL owners refused to approve him because he was previously too litigious. The owners encouraged Snyder who was a minority partner in Milstein’s group to form his own bid. There was a guy so horrible that it made Snyder look good. That’s how bad JKC left his will. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

This whole rift started when Dan was too cheap to pay Schar and Fred Smith their cut because of the covid excuse. Schar came after Dan hard and was ultimately banned from ever owning a team or part of a team again. Schar is also really good friends with Gibbs and he setup Gibbs return to coaching. 

If Dan had cut a check to his partners as he was supposed to do and paid Bruce what he was owed, we would still be the Redskins and would be business as usual. Dan is such a cheap and spiteful jerk that he brought all of this on himself. He’s such a moron.

You think the big sponsors still wouldn’t have pushed the name change during the Floyd riots if he paid his partners? I have a hard time believing that. 

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Has the time frame for when this was happening been reported?

Last I read was that it happened over a period of several years but they didn't specify the actual years.

I'm just hoping that it includes last year to remove any question of Tanya's continued involvement in the post-Dan era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

That's an argument I have a hard time believing. Really.

He would probably try it, I have no doubt about it, but I really doubt it would go anywhere he'd like it to be.

Even if everyone can believe those NFL owners aren't exactly saints, it still would be one man's word against 31 others. As I doubt he doesn't have much proof about whatever he may hold against them. After all, there's not much proof against Dan, it's kinda hard to believe he would have a book with all proof against them all.

At some point, he'll have to prove his claims, while dealing with his own legal troubles. And sending others under the bus won't save him either. So it doesn't seem as a viable option. And if we are to believe he has proof against them, we'll have to believe they do have against him as well. Which would definately worsen his case. His case being already huge and must be tough for wife and kids.

As always, things would be better for everyone if stuff remains behind closed doors.

Sell the team for 2 billions to the NFL, which would settle the loan and money "forgotten" at the same time. NDAs on both parts and wave Mr Snyder goodbye with hugs and smiles. Settle the situation with the Congress in a mutual agreement they would be able to reach then. 2 Billions straight is a lot of money for someone that is only rich because he owns the franchise but isn't that rich all by himself really.

Then NFL will be able to sell the team to anyone they want for more than 2 billions. Sounds like a Win-win to me for anyone that isn't that dumb. Not sure Dan falls in that category though.

It's not like Snyder would have to go it alone.  Think there wouldn't be people that would come out against Jerruh to corroborate his claims?  All Snyder has to do is light a few matches.  

You're right, things would be better if it remained behind closed doors.  But Snyder is a vindictive asshole.  He's not going to go quietly....let's keep in mind this is a guy who sued his own fans.

8 minutes ago, max21 said:

You think the big sponsors still wouldn’t have pushed the name change during the Floyd riots if he paid his partners? I have a hard time believing that. 

Hard to say, since one of the biggest clamoring for the change was Fred Smith’s own stadium namesake FedEx. I am in the camp that it still happens around the same time no matter what, but there’s no doubt that a minority share owner helping push for it sped it along. 

13 minutes ago, max21 said:

If Bruce was here the name would not have changed. They would have doubled down on the Original Americans foundation added a social justice charity. Brought in Jason Wright to lead the business side under Bruce and kept the name. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Bruce was here the name would not have changed. They would have doubled down on the Original Americans foundation added a social justice charity. Brought in Jason Wright to lead the business side under Bruce and kept the name. 

Meh idk, that’s a nice thought but it was a perfect storm for the name change to finally happen. People were irate that summer and I don’t think anything could have stopped it, we would have looked like the biggest a holes on the planet if we kept the name during one of the most sensitive times. But I agree Bruce would have done whatever he could have to keep it 

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Then it was even more worth losing the name than we knew at the time, if Bruce was the cost :ols:

Snyder had already stopped putting any money into that foundation, once that was reported it was all over—no one would have believed that half measure AGAIN after he already stopped putting money into it. That was embarrassing on an entirely different level than everything else imo and rarely gets talked about. One of the most obvious deflection tactics I’ve ever seen and he couldn’t even be bothered to throw more (relatively small amounts of) money into it to keep up his charade. It was only a matter of time. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I’d guess other teams cook the books. I totally get the Dan hate, the other issue here is that the NFL in general is a cesspit. Any repercussions on this organisation will have wider implications. I’d say there are a few other nervous owners around the patch.

Edited by Est.1974

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’d guess other teams cook the books. I totally get the Dan hate, the other issue here is that the NFL in general is a cesspit. Any repercussions on this organisation will have wider implications. I’d say there are a few other nervous owners around the patch.

If you are implying that Dan Snyder has inside information of other owners and their cooking of the books I have to question that.  By reports he has few friends among the owners, I think it's clear that Jones wants to support him because he's in the division and keeping Snyder helps the Boys win.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Could part of the cooking of the books was to cheat the minority owners?

It very well could be to avoid having to pay out as much and especially if they were trying to sell their shares devalue those shares making it cheaper and easier to afford when he went to buy them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If you are implying that Dan Snyder has inside information of other owners and their cooking of the books I have to question that.  By reports he has few friends among the owners, I think it's clear that Jones wants to support him because he's in the division and keeping Snyder helps the Boys win.  

No I’m not implying that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Jerruh won't be there to save Snyder since he's up to his eyeballs in paternity suits. 

God I hope we can just be rid of this embarrassment.

I don't know how, but this roach always seems to survive. It's like in Oregon Trail when you have a one of your posse get scurvy, rickets, cholera, broken back, malaria, etc., yet somehow still makes it across country. Meanwhile, our character (the fans) goes out hunting and gets mauled by a bear and dies instantly.

All this is to say that I hope Dan drowns while trying to fjord a shallow river.

• Haha 3

In a mixed gangster movie metaphor Snyder, realizing that he's about to be taken for his "final ride," pulls a Tessio and tearfully begs Goodell for mercy saying...

"Roger can you get me off the hook for old times sake?"

Goodell responds with a maniacal laugh as Dan slowly walks away for the very last time.

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Wouldn't the CFO be the one responsible for actually implementing this?    Do we know how many we've had under Snyder?   

There was a Korean guy who is a former Big 4 accountant who was in that seat for a while after being the controller for a number of years. He was replaced when Wright came aboard

There’s also a guy named Karl Schreiber who is Snyder’s personal CFO who might have helped to steward some of this

Edited by method man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If the owners think that Snyder is bad for business, Goodell will move on that?

IF THE OWNERS THINK THAT SNYDER IS BAD FOR BUSINESS, GOODELL WILL MOVE ON THAT??????

IF THE OWNERS THINK THAT SNYDER IS BAD FOR BUSINESS, GOODELL WILL MOVE ON THAT??????

Have they not been paying the **** attention?!?!??!?!?!?!  Seriously, what the ****???

Maybe the Dan Ban Website should aim towards the owners and start petitioning them to get them to turn on him.  Seriously, when in the history of the professional sports have fans from one team petitioned the owners of the other teams to kick out their owner?  I bet they could make it happen and it would make history.  I mean, that's how much Dan is hated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2020/12/unsealed-court-documents-show-messy-fight-over-washington-football-team-sale/

I know the Moag text messages have been talked about but I found this particular line in this story interesting:

The documents, posted on the Richmond Times-Dispatch, are heavily redacted to avoid impacting the sale but do show lawyers for the minority partners urging Snyder to complete a sale quickly to avoid a “detailed review of WFI’s books, records, and past transactions.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1