Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

45 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

You had me after the first 8 words...

"Dan Snyder's gonna have to sell the team..."

That's a good enough message for me.

I stopped listening after that to avoid even the possibility of more disappointment and despair. 

Fingers firmly crossed.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 3/31/2022 at 3:41 PM, Mrshadow008 said:

Idk man I’ve posted on this thread before about the insane drop in revenue this team has had over last few years and it makes you wonder. team is still technically growing from year to year in value but not the way it should. 2011 team was supposedly 4th most valuable franchise in entire world according to Forbes. 2020 it was down to 14th by this year it was down to 19th. Now I get the deterioration of the fan base and stuff but with the growing popularity of the nfl every year that seems almost impossible. And while it’s not like we’ve been very good in that time span we do have 3 nfc East titles in those 10-11 years so who knows 

I remember reading over the last year or 2 that this franchise has had the lowest growth rate of any NFL team over the previous 10 years. Pats and Cowboys are up there so its not just bcause they started off super high

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If it's going to happen this will be it. When you cost the owners money they will get rid of you.

I don’t know . I just don’t trust congress to do anything that I could consider fair and proper with him .

On 3/31/2022 at 7:11 PM, hail2skins said:

I remember having this discussion a few years ago.  You'd be surprised how many people think we've been middle of the pack under Snyder until you actually show them the numbers like that contained in the link above.

The issue I have found is that we are eternally riding the 5-7 win mark. We are never terrible but we are never good either. Being terrible at least gets you into the top of the draft where youre elite players are with the best certainty. Sure there are guys across the draft that are great but it takes a good FO with vision and good coaching staffs to develop them. We have had neither. So what this franchise does is that they are constantly just in the early 10-14 picks in the draft, missing out on the elite talent, specifically QB, and it leads to just more mediocrity.

The only reason we are rarely terrible is because of the incessant need to "win" so its always short sighted moves that makes an other wise 3-4 win team to a 5-6 win team with the occasion 7-9 win playoff run like the league is designed to do. Then we do the same thing and overestimate how "close" we are and then do the same thing and it just leads to us being mediocre. 

If you look at the other bad teams like the Browns Bills Bengals Lions at least they occasionally have great seasons built from terrible seasons. Almost always following a big valley tends to be a big peak. So 1-2 years of terrible play leads usually to 3-5 years of above average at minimum play. This franchise has never figured that out. We are rarely in the top 5 in the draft. Hardly top 10. Just always in the blehh part for the better part of 20 years. 

Ultimately always being the mehh to were not very good team has lead us to a cumulatively as one of the worst franchises in the sport because we constantly miss out on the top elite talent but more importantly QB. Its why we are the only team that hasnt won 11 games and one of 3 that havent to been to conference championship game in 30 years. 

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I just came to post the same thing if you want the other owners to move on Dan this will do it. Keeping money from the other owners might be enough to Piss them off bad enough to make them move. I can imagine this might would upset nflpa as well because hiding revenue also affects things like the salary cap 

Edited by Mrshadow008
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I just came to post the same thing if you want the other owners to move on Dan this will do it 

So if he’s not forced to sell, there will be penalties that will make the cap room penalty look like not even a slap on the wrist. This will be the equivalent of an SMU style death penalty.  He is also exposing the league to fraud with the NFLPA because the players got less money than they otherwise would have in the salary cap formula. 

Going after Bruce Allen was the biggest mistake Dan ever made. If he’s forced to sell, we can all thank Bruce for being the reason.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

So if he’s not forced to sell, there will be penalties that will make the cap room penalty look like not even a slap on the wrist. This will be the equivalent of an SMU style death penalty.  He is also exposing the league to fraud with the NFLPA because the players got less money than they otherwise would have in the salary cap formula. 

Going after Bruce Allen was the biggest mistake Dan ever made. If he’s forced to sell, we can all thank Bruce for being the reason.

Yeah I said same thing after I edited my post. They won’t impose death penalty like that as it wasn’t competitive advantage thing I don’t believe. I think for them to impose cap or draft pick penalties it has to be competitive advantage type of stuff. But you’re right about how nflpa. 

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The problem here is that it makes people only hate Dan more. It doesnt accomplish anything 

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I see it the other way around, that Bruce is the ‘credible witness’ per the GOP statement and he’s saying it didn’t happen.  Probably because he would be liable in some way.  There is supposedly a ‘non-credible witness’ purporting these activities.

Granted, it would make sense for Bruce to be the one with an axe to grind.  I don’t want to say too much here because it delves into Tailgate territory, but Bruce has heavy ties to the GOP.   

Whatever the case may be, if Bruce somehow is the one to take Dan down - Wow, what a spicy turn that would be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

The problem here is that it makes people only hate Dan more. It doesnt accomplish anything 

That is my point. We all want Dan gone but if they decide not to kick him out the fans will get screwed with the penalties that diminish the team. He has to go. 

• Like 1

My God what a ****ing moron. 

He ****ed up Johnny Rocketts. . He ****ed up Six Flags. Everything he has touched has turned into a piece of ****. 

Owning an NFL franchise should be cake. It is a golden goose. 

And Snyder killed it. He killed a golden goose.  His ability to have failed upward is astonishing.  

But this is it. He has to be gone after this. He’s ****ed around for over 20 years and now he’s pushed his luck too far. 

The other NFL owners can’t stand for this. Goodell can’t stand for this.  This has to be it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3