Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

17 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

As long as it's one of the animal names from the list I would be happy (except maybe Demon Cats). Perhaps then my son would get into it as well. The biggest market for the name change are younger fans. Gonna want to market it to kids as well.

My daughters would then vote for Unicorns!

Honestly, none of those named had me excited over it. Lots are bad, most are meh. And a few are a average.

But at the same time, there's lots of sports team names where I'm still meh about it and don't get why they went this way.

Ambassadors and Presidents are the two dumbest names I've ever heard of. Ambassadors are as inspiring as an unsharpened pencil. Presidents is as uninspiring as watching out of shape 50-80 year old men suit up in pads.

Football Club only works for me if they make the logo a sandwich.

Sign me up for some Red Wolves. Vikings have their annoying horn, it's time we got ourselves some annoying howling sound effects for every first down.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Ambassadors and Presidents are the two dumbest names I've ever heard of. Ambassadors are as inspiring as an unsharpened pencil. Presidents is as uninspiring as watching out of shape 50-80 year old men suit up in pads.

Football Club only works for me if they make the logo a sandwich.

Sign me up for some Red Wolves. Vikings have their annoying horn, it's time we got ourselves some annoying howling sound effects for every first down.

Stay Washington Football Team and put the "R" back on their helmets.  

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Stay Washington Football Team and put the "R" back on their helmets.  

But what does the "R" stand for?

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That doesn't really make any sense though.

I actually don't hate Football Team, even when my original opinion was that it sounded terrible.  But the 'R' doesn't really align with that name.

I'd prefer that they change the name from Washington Football Team to Washington Football Club.

Sounds more old school to me. I like it better.

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Washington Football Team is kind of growing on me. I still wish they would change it to Washington Team Football for obvious reasons. Outside that, just pick one and let's get on with it. too much energy spent on a name. 

I'm glad to see common sense starting to prevail among the masses. WFT, WTF, I don't care specifically, lets keep the name how it is.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I actually don't hate Football Team, even when my original opinion was that it sounded terrible.  

Everything sounds terrible at first.

No matter what they pick, for the first 5 to ten years most people are gonna hate it but 40 or 50 years down the road it'll feel like a comfortable shoe and despite the fact that I'll probably be long gone most people wouldn't be able to imagine it any other way.

Take the packers for example, how stupid did that sound the first time somebody brought it up?

now you can't even fathom green Bay with any other name.

32 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I'd prefer that they change the name from Washington Football Team to Washington Football Club.

Sounds more old school to me. I like it better.

I agree, it rolls off the tongue better and sounds more exclusive.  But I also think the soccer thing might ruin it for me.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

Packers never sounded bad to me. Sounds strong and therefore intimidating. Football Team sounds like someone went to create-a-team in Madden and forgot to fill in the team name box. For one season and even two, I don't mind joking about this being the Team With no Name, but I don't want this to be a permanent name at all.

44 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That doesn't really make any sense though.

I actually don't hate Football Team, even when my original opinion was that it sounded terrible.  But the 'R' doesn't really align with that name.

It does.  They took it away from us and it preserves the name we use to use with the symbol "R" for THE football team we rooted for w/o any issues for almost a decade.  The only difference we aren't saying the name nor are we showing the face.  I hate BIG Government and being controlled by it!  

Edited by RWJ
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It does.  They took it away from us and it preserves the name we use to use for THE football team we rooted for w/o any issues for almost a decade.  The only difference we aren't saying the name nor are we showing the face.  I hate BIG Government and being controlled by it!  

I liked the old name, I would have preferred keeping it.

The old name is gone. The team has better things to look forward too than trying to keep obscure references to a name the team was forced to give up. It's in the past. Let the past rest.

Edit: As I say that, I realize my avatar is also outdated lol. I've been too lazy to change it.

Edited by NickyJ

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I liked the old name, I would have preferred keeping it.

The old name is gone. The team has better things to look forward too than trying to keep obscure references to a name the team was forced to give up. It's in the past. Let the past rest.

Edit: As I say that, I realize my avatar is also outdated lol. I've been too lazy to change it.

Sorry NickyJ.  I don't give in easily.  I hold on to those things I believe in.  Always will.  :)

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm betting it's because that's all you've ever known them as.

Just out of curiosity, how does packers sound strong and intimidating?

I kind of take like "packing it in and letting what will be; be"  Nah.  No offence, redskinss.

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I'm betting it's because that's all you've ever known them as.

Just out of curiosity, how does packers sound strong and intimidating?

When I think of Packers, I think of meat packers and various other physical laborers. Similar to steel mill workers. I for one do not want to pick a fight with a steel worker or a meat packer.

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

When I think of Packers, I think of meat packers and various other physical laborers. Similar to steel mill workers. I for one do not want to pick a fight with a steel worker or a meat packer.

Fair enough.

I picture Amazon workers sitting on some assembly line bored to tears putting packages into boxes.

I’ll throw my hat in the ring with my favorite names:

1. Washington Marshalls as in George Preston Marshall but could also have a federal law enforcement flair. 
2. Washington Monuments. Probably my favorite name. Unoffensive and very representative of our town. Or,

3) The Washington Federal Employees: overpaid and no accountability. Also super fast as a Federal Employee gets off work at 5:00 and is home by 4:30 😃

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It does.  They took it away from us and it preserves the name we use to use with the symbol "R" for THE football team we rooted for w/o any issues for almost a decade.  The only difference we aren't saying the name nor are we showing the face.  I hate BIG Government and being controlled by it!  

I guess this is for the tailgate, but I think your beef is with large corporations, as big government didn't make the team change their name.

• Thanks 1