Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Should have been 24 hrs but you really do want to keep meetings where people are being let go as short as possible.

That's fair...this seems like a slightly different scenario than your typical firing or layoff. Allowing for questions, etc. seems reasonable when you're disbanding an institution that's lasted over half a century. 

And yes, the notice is more of what caught my eye. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just imagine if the one and only, Bruce Allen, was to release 10 years worth of Dan dirt, that led to his ouster as owner of the team.

That would be worth all the hell his tenure put us through and then some.  There has to be a soul somewhere in there Bruce, prove it to us.

The ultimate redemption arc.

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/muted-washington-football-team-cheerleaders-allegedly-fired-during-faceless-zoom-ncna1258579

I have a really hard time feeling sorry for these cheerleaders on losing their $5,000 a year let me tell yah. I'm sure nearly all of them use the Washington Football Team brand to enhance outside opportunities for themselves, and that's what truly at stake here for them. My thing is, how many women are turned away because they aren't pretty enough? The whole program stinks, hiring women off of their physical appearances, that doesn't sit right with me, cheerleading at the professional level is outdated IMO. We don't need the program. 

True story about the enhancing.  I know a few used it to create influencer careers or use it to get in the music video dancer world. They came out of my alma mater and non stop bugged for voting of them for various things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/muted-washington-football-team-cheerleaders-allegedly-fired-during-faceless-zoom-ncna1258579

I have a really hard time feeling sorry for these cheerleaders on losing their $5,000 a year let me tell yah. I'm sure nearly all of them use the Washington Football Team brand to enhance outside opportunities for themselves, and that's what truly at stake here for them.

Yeah, how dare they utilize their affiliation with the WFT to enhance outside opportunities?  Why not just put in all the time and effort to make peanuts?

I’ve long thought cheerleading at the professional level is nothing more than sex appeal.  Doesn’t bother me a bit to see it go away.

Not sure why you feel the need to make this about not feeling sorry for the cheerleaders though.  They lost this opportunity due to our scumbag owner and his sleazy culture.  That’s solely what this is about.  Making it about not feeling sorry for the cheerleaders, evades that fact.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah, how dare they utilize their affiliation with the WFT to enhance outside opportunities?  Why not just put in all the time and effort to make peanuts?

I’ve long thought cheerleading at the professional level is nothing more than sex appeal.  Doesn’t bother me a bit to see it go away.

Not sure why you feel the need to make this about not feeling sorry for the cheerleaders though.  They lost this opportunity due to our scumbag owner and his sleazy culture.  That’s solely what this is about.  Making it about not feeling sorry for the cheerleaders, evades that fact.

I feel like Snyder is a sleazebag too, I also feel like cheerleading at the professional level is unnecessary. Am I allowed to have both those opinions?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I feel like Snyder is a sleazebag too, I also feel like cheerleading at the professional level is unnecessary. Am I allowed to have both those opinions?

I also said it wasn’t necessary.  I just don’t get the point of ‘not feeling sorry’ for them losing their gigs due to no fault of their own.  

• Like 1

I havn't read in depth, but just from a few glances, it seems that only a minority ownership is available, and not for him to buy the team outright.

Someone also says that Bezos isn't the type of guy who would want to by just a portion of the team.

So if both of the above 2 statements are accurate, then he does not look like a potential owner.

And it also does not sound like a "forced sale" will happen either.

So this could end up becoming a non-story. Unless I'm missing something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Obviously the report will determine the next step. But that step starts with Goodell. If he does not move convene this committee it's over. I definitely see that happening given his comments.  

Bruce vs Dan. Now that's damned funny.  

Goodell does what the owners want, he works for them. I don’t mean that in some sort of conspiratorial way—it’s literally his job, he’s not some impartial leader that works with both the NFLPA and NFL ownership groups or anything—he is the face of league ownership and is paid very well to take that heat, not advance his own agenda. He’s only convening that committee in the first place if there’s already support among the owners with pull, and they tell him to do it. He isn’t coming out with that on his own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You do know that if we eventually get a new owner; everyone employed now is eventually gone. The new owner will want their own people running things.

New owners eventually make a change; if not right away.

The prospect that the moment they finally “get it right” here in Washington...the whole thing could be **** canned for a new owner, however unlikely, does bother me.  I like much of what is going on now and would love to see what kind of results they produce.  

4 hours ago, Painkiller said:

The prospect that the moment they finally “get it right” here in Washington...the whole thing could be **** canned for a new owner, however unlikely, does bother me.  I like much of what is going on now and would love to see what kind of results they produce.  

I think what would happen is the front office structure would change first. The business side first. Then the personnel side; with that change depending on when the new owner took over.

Of course Ron may not like that change but he wouldn’t have much of choice there. Then Ron’s tenure would depend on whether he’s winning or not. If he is; then he’s stays until he no longer is winning. If he’s not winning; he will eventually be gone. That also depends on when the owner takes over.

I do firmly believe a new will want his own people; as soon as he can.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You do know that if we eventually get a new owner; everyone employed now is eventually gone. The new owner will want their own people running things.

New owners eventually make a change; if not right away.

We know, you’ve been fear-mongering with this exact point here for a while, almost word for word. It’s kind of a fixation of yours:

On 1/17/2021 at 11:32 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

Uh, what do you think is going to happen if the Team gets a new owner?   The new owner will want his own people.   He will clean the front office first.  If Rivera is winning; he will be safe but if he's losing gone and eventually, the owner will want his own guy in there.

If we do eventually get a new owner; that owner will eventually clean house.

It’s actually kind of scary how this line of thought persists among a couple posters here because of ONE seemingly competent season from Rivera and Co.—A group of people by the way who were only hired as the result of one of the absolute worst calendar years an owner could have (forced pick of an enormous bust at QB, leaked videos of soon-to-be-fired HC, fired HC, name controversy finally came to a head, friction with advertisers and minority owners, harassment lawsuits and WP expose, cheerleader tapes piling on top of the passport stuff earlier, startling lack of diversity before the new hires that replaced multiple high-level executives who were revealed as creeps, and much more just in the last year or so), which was the culmination of two decades of one of the worst ownership records a human could put into the record books in this league.

Then we barely sneak into the playoffs by winning a historically bad division without a winning record, with a stable of broken and thrown away QBs. A fun and inspiring first year surprise from Rivera and crew but not some sort of Bills or even Titans level turnaround for the organization.

Despite all that you think it’s such a sure thing that Snyder’s turned over a new leaf that you’d be terrified to sacrifice it all to get rid of him—again after he merely shuts up and stays out of business for ONE season during the honeymoon with Rivera following a HISTORICALLY controversial prior year that ended with multiple investigations into the owner’s business and behavior. It beggars belief that you could be THAT afraid to lose Snyder and what’s he’s “built” over the past year (lol) weighed against his entire pattern of history here. 

So I’ll just repeat what I posted the last time you brought this up:

On 1/18/2021 at 12:52 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

We have one of the absolute worst owners in all of sports, worldwide. Period. He’s been a plague on this franchise for more than two decades and is still young enough to ruin things for the fandom until most of us die or quit watching. And even then the team will still be in his family. I’ll take my chances with a new owner and I’m willing to sacrifice absolutely anyone in the building or on the roster to do it, long term. Rivera and Wright seem great. Hopefully the GM that’s hired is as well. But they’re a blip in a potential 40 more years of ownership, potentially. I’d give them all up to watch this ****ing loser walk into the sunset. 

This is ignoring that I don’t think a new owner, if he’s a good businessman, is guaranteed to do any such thing. I’m simply saying that even if that was the case, it’s a trade I would make without hesitation. No matter how well it’s started, Rivera’s time here can be ruined with a SINGLE Snyder decision or intervention, and it was all for nothing. That’s the cold, brutal truth. No matter how well this organization shapes up, Snyder can ruin this at any time just by being the guy he’s proven to be for over 20 years. I’d trade anyone in this organization to get rid of that forever. Where do I sign? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

True story about the enhancing.  I know a few used it to create influencer careers or use it to get in the music video dancer world. They came out of my alma mater and non stop bugged for voting of them for various things.

I know some former cheerleaders too. I don't think the $5,000 or the "job" is the point. And, there are plenty of valid arguments to be made that the program league-wide is unnecessary. 

BUT

They lost these opportunities not because of some deep reflection or crisis of conscience by the organization, but because for years the organization mistreated them, acted like 19-year old frat boys, and ultimately took too much heat. That's what sits wrong with me. Over the life of the program I'm sure every cheerleader used this platform for various things...launching some career, fulfilling a childhood dream, gaining self-confidence, whatever. That's not really any of our concern. This specific avenue to do any of that was taken away for the wrong reasons. Men at the organization, all the way up to the owner, couldn't handle themselves around some pretty girls and now the easiest way to make the problem go away punishes the victims more than anyone else. No matter how you slice it up or justify it, that's wrong. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting interview with Donald Wells, former director of the cheerleaders, some of whom were featured in those "lewd" videos. If you can get through the caricature of a radio douche doing the interview, it's pretty interesting insight:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/457-elliot-in-the-morning-28216764/episode/eitm-donald-wells-22321-78018716/

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Interesting interview with Donald Wells, former director of the cheerleaders, some of whom were featured in those "lewd" videos. If you can get through the caricature of a radio douche doing the interview, it's pretty interesting insight:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/457-elliot-in-the-morning-28216764/episode/eitm-donald-wells-22321-78018716/

I thought it was a great interview. Nothing ground-breaking, but it just reinforces that the culture sucked and people just expected mistreatment to go on. 

16 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Goodell does what the owners want, he works for them. I don’t mean that in some sort of conspiratorial way—it’s literally his job, he’s not some impartial leader that works with both the NFLPA and NFL ownership groups or anything—he is the face of league ownership and is paid very well to take that heat, not advance his own agenda. He’s only convening that committee in the first place if there’s already support among the owners with pull, and they tell him to do it. He isn’t coming out with that on his own. 

Very good point. Will the other owners have access to the report when it's released?

2 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Very good point. Will the other owners have access to the report when it's released?

If there isn't transparency then I don't understand the point of the investigation. You investigate something to see if actions need to be taken. Those who would take those actions need the information to see if they believe it's needed or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm sure the owners will. Or at least pretty sure. I seriously doubt the NFL will allow it to be released to the public, goons that they are. I'll be shocked if they do. There will be a lot of social media outcry for awhile about it, but they'll just say nothing and weather the storm until it dissipates. Their shield logo is a joke. Only thing it protects is their money. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He went 7-9 and got an assist from

Philly when they sat Hurts. I don’t care that he made the playoffs; he couldn’t even have a winning season and no coach with a losing record is coach of the year. Even if that losing record yielded a playoff birth.

Sure, but it’s how he GOT to 7-9 that was amazing (with everyone picking us to be 3-13) while also having to deal with a ****ton of other issues (cancer, Covid, no preseason). 

@Warhead36 is right, Stefanski did deserve it, but rivera should’ve at the very least been considered. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sure, but it’s how he GOT to 7-9 that was amazing (with everyone picking us to be 3-13) while also having to deal with a ****ton of other issues (cancer, Covid, no preseason). 

You forgot... name change shenanigans, FO sex scandal, Haskins petulance and the most awful of all tasks...babysitting the owner. That alone earns him coach of the year consideration

• Thanks 1

Anyone notice in the GIF above, that Rivera is starting to get that Jason Garrett clap ?

giphy.gif

Clapping Raccoon GIF

I think Stefanski did great, but it's overstated IMO based on his predecessors' constant failures.

I mean, if you look at the talent level on that roster, and you didn't know it was the Browns, I think you'd expect them to be really good.

It's just that Stefanski was the first Cleveland coach to convert talent to wins, was what got everyone's attention.

And he didn't really face any unusual adversity in doing it, did he ?

Not saying he didn't coach well, I just think it's exaggerated mainly because it's the Browns, known previously as a Factory of Sadness

Edited by Malapropismic Depository