Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

Absolutely. 

but there’s a long way to go to fixing the problem. Or even making significant progress. 

I was told New York is considering halting road side stops. 

some states are revoking police bill of rights. 

there’s opportunity for things to start getting better... we’ll see. 

• Thanks 1

the shock in his eyes when the judge said guilty to the first charge was all you need to know about cops in these situations. even with high-res, multi-angle video (and witnesses) of him murdering someone, he was STILL shocked that he was found guilty and would have to face repercussions.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I think an announcement calling for calm on all sides might be in order, too. 

If it were me, I think my point would be that this verdict is probably justice. But it's not something to celebrate, either. That we'd really have preferred it if it hadn't been necessary. 

• Like 2

Just now, Larry said:

I think an announcement calling for calm on all sides might be in order, too. 

If it were me, I think my point would be that this verdict is probably justice. But it's not something to celebrate, either. That we'd really have preferred it if it hadn't been necessary. 

That takes the verdict completely out of its societal context, though. People aren't really celebrating this one conviction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

the shock in his eyes when the judge said guilty to the first charge was all you need to know about cops in these situations. even with high-res, multi-angle video (and witnesses) of him murdering someone, he was STILL shocked that he was found guilty and would have to face repercussions.

To be honest, I saw something completely different when I watched. I was curious how he would react. And he didn't. There was almost nothing there at all. Maybe it was shock and it's hard to tell for sure without being able to see his full face. But his eyes were just dead. Didn't look shocked to me at all. Didn't look like he really cared all that much. Same look in his eyes when he was killing Floyd. I think dude's a straight psychopath. 

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

To be honest, I saw something completely different when I watched. I was curious how he would react. And he didn't. There was almost nothing there at all. Maybe it was shock and it's hard to tell for sure without being able to see his full face. But his eyes were just dead. Didn't look shocked to me at all. Didn't look like he really cared all that much. Same look in his eyes when he was killing Floyd. I think dude's a straight psychopath. 

ya hard to tell with the mask. i just saw his forehead muscles between his eyes tighten way up in a confused look, but could be wrong

RiUy9n.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

My friends said the same thing

what I saw was fear. I think he was terrified. 

he knows what prison is like. Intimately. He knows what it’ll be like for a police officer.

I think he got what was correct under the law. But I also know what he knows. 

there’s only a couple categories that matter. Kid toucher, arsonist, and police (and by extension relatives of police)

im very familiar with it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

post-47703-12793667694896.gif10531957_042021-cc-ap-chauvin-verdict-da

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PRONE: Facedown and handcuffed is no way to die, yet it keeps happening over and over again

Some moaned. Others moved very little. At least 20 said, “I can’t breathe.” Most were mentally ill. Many were obese. More than half had drugs in their systems. More than two-thirds were either Black or Hispanic.

In all, 9Wants to Know found at least 107 names of people nationwide who died facedown and on the ground since 2010.  There are likely many more.

All were, at one point, held prone. In other words, they were restrained on their stomachs while officers tried to handcuff them.

By our count, their deaths have led to more than $70 million in settlements and verdicts.

Yet not even that figure has proven enough to convince law enforcement officers to do what they were advised to do back in 1995 when the U.S. Department of Justice through its National Institute of Justice Program told officers: “As soon as the suspect is handcuffed, get him off his stomach.”

Why issue the warning in the first place?

“In a recent analysis of in-custody deaths, we discovered evidence that unexplained in-custody deaths are caused more often than is generally known by a little-known phenomenon called positional asphyxia… a person lying on his stomach has trouble breathing when pressure is applied to his back,” the report reads.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/prone-restraint-police-brutality-cases/73-18ad62df-b66a-45c9-af93-53b15afc5b7c

• Like 2

Honestly his best play might be to join a white nationalist/nazi group. 

the guards can only do so much. Only takes a couple minutes for **** to go down. He’s gonna have a lot of minutes in there. And so do the people that would do such a thing. It only takes 1 slip up. 

and guards are (capable of being) corrupt as **** and police know it so idk how much you’d even trust the guards. 

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

the guards can only do so much. Only takes a couple minutes for **** to go down. He’s gonna have a lot of minutes in there. And so do the people that would do such a thing. It only takes 1 slip up. 

and guards are (capable of being) corrupt as **** and police know it so idk how much you’d even trust the guards. 

He'll immediately go into PC. I can't imagine him ever hitting a yard. Convicted cops pretty much always go that way. Even if he didn't want to for some reason, they'd probably do it anyway.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

No one gets out of prison with nice, or even neutral things, to say about the prison system or it’s employees.  Especially true about the guards.  The US prison system is a nightmare and the bureau of prisons has far too much power and virtually no real oversight and accountability.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

He'll immediately go into PC. I can't imagine him ever hitting a yard. Convicted cops pretty much always go that way. Even if he didn't want to for some reason, they'd probably do it anyway.

Right and when you’re in there for 4 years that can be done. 

40 years is a hell of a lot longer. People get lazy. **** happens. 

Epstien was ordered under 24/7 surveillance and video monitoring. He’s dead, there’s no video of it. **** happens when someone wants to make it happen.  

and I don’t think there exists a kinship between prison guards and police the way many might assume. I mean there is somewhat, but... I don’t think it’s what it may seem. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tshile said:

My friends said the same thing

what I saw was fear. I think he was terrified. 

he knows what prison is like. Intimately. He knows what it’ll be like for a police officer.

I think he got what was correct under the law. But I also know what he knows. 

there’s only a couple categories that matter. Kid toucher, arsonist, and police (and by extension relatives of police)

im very familiar with it. 

Arsonist?  Really?  Why?  I’ve never heard that one.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Arsonist?  Really?  Why?  I’ve never heard that one.

It’s been a long time since the discussion but I believe the explanation was that they’re seen as messed up in the head, weird people, and thus are targets. 

“the only people they hate more than the fire starters are the kid touchers” I’ve been told multiple times. 

may be region specific or may also not be a thing anymore 🤷‍♂️