Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Please inform me.  

No

Just now, clietas said:

I'd probably never been in that scenario seeing as I leave my guns at home like a big boy. 😆

I'm also not really into hunting my fellow citizens for sport like Mr Rittenhouse. 

Ahhhh...and we're done.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'm also not really into hunting my fellow citizens for sport like Mr Rittenhouse. 

If it was such a big sport to him why did he not shoot the man that had his hands up the entire time after Grosskreutz got shot in the arm, its almost as easy as an open net in hockey at that point if we are talking about sports no? Why not shoot him too if its for sport? Instead he looks at him lowers his weapon and continues to run toward the police....

Edited by CjSuAvE22

4 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Yeah.... you should probably read the facts of the case if you have time. He didn't do that, but hey the media tells everyone he did. 

Yea, will do. I haven’t researched that part of the story and my comment was based on just media commentary. If that’s not the case, I’m anxious to hear what is.

We all knew the chances for being convicted of anything w/ a super long sentence were slim.

I was hoping he’d get some time for injecting himself armed into a protest/riot scenario and out of that two people wound up dead w/ others wounded. 

It reminded me that this idea of citizens being armed openly or concealed carrying semi auto rifles or guns in general at a protest/riot is a horrible idea. 

It’s at the crux of this whole case. Because it’s legal in Wisconsin The jury viewed him as just a guy at a riot who was under threat and defended himself. The Gun never seemed to come into play.

I’m not anti gun. I believe in sensible Gun laws. But I also believe in common sense. And it doesn’t sound like a good idea to have a protest/riot w/ a bunch of armed people.

Not sure how you legislate that.
America just loves its guns man. Smh.

I don’t think it should be legal to have a bunch of “Patriots” no matter who they are squaded up carrying guns. I think it’s a bad idea.

That’s just me. Idk. Its a tough subject to tackle. But theres gotta be a better way. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

To me the real bad actors here are Black, who bought the gun for Rittenhouse in Wisconsin, and Black's stepfather who supposedly kept it under lock until he took it out and left it in his basement due to the riots apparently 🙄.  

None of the videos support the narrative that Rittenhouse was hunting protestors.  He was a stupid 17 year old who made a terrible decision to go where he had no business being at.  But it was Black and his stepfather who made it possible for that stupid 17 year old to go down there with an AR-15.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

I actually agree with this sentiment. However, the disturbing part to me is that, anecdotally at least, the first "fringe" you mention is whole lot larger than the second.

I don’t they’re the largest, just the loudest.   And that goes for both sides. I’m glad Twitter isn’t real life.

27 minutes ago, clietas said:

I'd probably never been in that scenario seeing as I leave my guns at home like a big boy. 😆

You leave your guns at home because you want to avoid trouble, which is smart.  Do you normally attend riots and set some fires?  I’m guessing you’re wise enough to stay out of those too.  (Not criticizing you clietas, just looking to make a point about this entire situation)

I’m not sure why this is being turned into referendum in the culture wars.  The lesson here IMO is that when you go looking for trouble, you just might find it.  That applies to everyone involved here.  Anyone here think rioting is safe activity?  Would any of us want our kids in a mob that is setting fires to the neighborhood?  I’m fairly certainly the reason is primarily because we know that such a situation is invariably dangerous, and not because of some moral rigidity on our parts.  (Though there’s some of that too)

The inverse is true as well, for the part Kyle played here.  Entirely too many damn kids in this country think it’s cool to grab a gun and go pop off.  That’s what Kyle did.  The narrative his supporters are spinning, by championing him as a hero, is bull****.  He was a kid that saw a chance to stick his chest out and stir **** up.  He wasn’t hunting humans, he just wanted talk a lot of **** and wave his gun around.  He never imagined he’d be running in a panic.  Certainly not twice.  After all, who would be stupid enough enough to chase down a guy with such a mighty weapon while unarmed?  Who would be stupid enough to match a skateboard against an assault rifle?  

That’s the way stupid people think.  They do some quick math in their heads and imagine they have a firm grip on how humans will behave, not realizing just how bad at math people out there can be.  Wise folks know from experience that the streets are crawling with people that will try to fight a city bus on a bad day.  It doesn’t have to make sense.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bearrock said:

To me the real bad actors here are Black, who bought the gun for Rittenhouse in Wisconsin, and Black's stepfather who supposedly kept it under lock until he took it out and left it in his basement due to the riots apparently 🙄.  

None of the videos support the narrative that Rittenhouse was hunting protestors.  He was a stupid 17 year old who made a terrible decision to go where he had no business being at.  But it was Black and his stepfather who made it possible for that stupid 17 year old to go down there with an AR-15.  

There is a vast trove of neuroscience that says, as one might expect, that teenagers are ****ing morons. SCOTUS has literally accepted this as fact. See Miller v. Alabama. 

Adults aiding and abetting teenagers to violence should be held liable. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Legit question because I don’t know the law there.  Could they stop and question him if they didn’t have a suspicion he was breaking the law? 

He was breaking curfew, but the charge was dropped.  The more I read about why, the less I understand it, honestly.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2021/11/09/judge-dismisses-curfew-charge-against-kyle-rittenhouse-as-prosecution-rests-their-case/

This article says 150 people were arrested that night for breaking curfew, why wasn't he?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-curfew-charge-20201229-sr5siylxzbfl7gjbc52enxf73m-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The Journal Sentinel reported that police arrested about 150 people for curfew violations during the protests.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He was breaking curfew, but the charge was dropped.  The more I read about why, the less I understand it, honestly.

https://www.lakemchenryscanner.com/2021/11/09/judge-dismisses-curfew-charge-against-kyle-rittenhouse-as-prosecution-rests-their-case/

This article says 150 people were arrested that night for breaking curfew, why wasn't he?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-curfew-charge-20201229-sr5siylxzbfl7gjbc52enxf73m-story.html%3foutputType=amp

The issue here happens oftentimes when people are charged with serious crimes along with misdemeanors, the prosecution failed to prove he was in violation of the curfew after they rested their case without putting forth any evidence that Kyle was breaking curfew, unfortunately common knowledge doesn't work in court. Eitherway that was a charge that carried a 200 dollar fine, it was trivial.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Anyone Blaming Rittenhouse for using deadly force while being attacked are Idiots..I don't give a **** if he should not of been there,He has the right to protect himself from a mob of people trying to kill him..

Kinda like when the 3rd timer DUI guy plows into a kid J-walking. The kid shouldn’t have been J walking though!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

You leave your guns at home because you want to avoid trouble, which is smart.  Do you normally attend riots and set some fires?  I’m guessing you’re wise enough to stay out of those too.  (Not criticizing you clietas, just looking to make a point about this entire situation)

I’m not sure why this is being turned into referendum in the culture wars.  The lesson here IMO is that when you go looking for trouble, you just might find it.  That applies to everyone involved here.  Anyone here think rioting is safe activity?  Would any of us want our kids in a mob that is setting fires to the neighborhood?  I’m fairly certainly the reason is primarily because we know that such a situation is invariably dangerous, and not because of some moral rigidity on our parts.  (Though there’s some of that too)

The inverse is true as well.  Entirely too many damn kids in this country think it’s cool to grab a gun and go pop off.  That’s what Kyle did.  The narrative his supporters are spinning, by championing him as a hero, is bull****.  He was a kid that saw a chance to stick his chest out and stir **** up.  He wasn’t hunting humans.  He was out there to talk a lot of **** and wave his gun around, as entirely too many young men do every day in the US.  He never imagined he’d be running in a panic.  Certainly not twice.  Who would be stupid enough enough to chase down a guy with such a mighty weapon while unarmed?  Who would be stupid enough to match a skateboard against an assault rifle?  

That’s the way stupid people think.  They do some quick math in their heads and imagine they have a firm grip on how humans will behave, not realizing just how bad at math people out there can be.  Wise folks know from experience that the streets are crawling with people that will try to fight a city bus on a bad day.  It doesn’t have to make sense.

Dosen't matter that having the gun brought attention to himself..He has the right to defend himself with deadly force when his life is in danger..he was fleeing from danger yet they chased him and he took action against them..Let me guess everyone of you that are condemning him would of just let some guy bash you in the head with a skate board or point a gun at you?  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Kinda like when the 3rd timer DUI guy plows into a kid J-walking. The kid shouldn’t have been J walking though!!!

So if your walking down the street and i attack you or your family and you have a gun then you wont shoot me?

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

So if your walking down the street and i attack you or your family and you have a gun then you wont shoot me?

That ain’t what happened. He wasn’t walking around his quiet neighborhood while antifa laid in the weeds with skateboards sheathed waiting for the attack command.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2