Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I firmly disagree about Mac Jones.  He's decisive but he's playing the position on easy mode.  Easy reads, easy windows, easy front/leverage/situations.  Up and down accuracy that hasn't mattered because his weapons always make the play.  Justin Fields is a first rounder.  To me there is a huge difference in quality between Fields and Jones.

Seriously, you can't have watched him play.  Your comments are just nowhere near reality.  Zero bad games.  Zero.  Did he steal your girlfriend or what?

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

AKA we were asleep on him.

The NFL has a negative Alabama running back bias.

Which is weird because they generally do pretty good in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I like Jones. But I’m not as sold as some of you. He’s a solid option after the first crop is gone, though. I just don’t see him as part of that first group. 

Also, Barmore is making some cash tonight.

If it’s between Mac or Harris I take Harris. He’s a game breaker type. 

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I firmly disagree about Mac Jones.  He's decisive but he's playing the position on easy mode.  Easy reads, easy windows, easy front/leverage/situations.  Up and down accuracy that hasn't mattered because his weapons always make the play.  Justin Fields is a first rounder.  To me there is a huge difference in quality between Fields and Jones.

When I have watched him he has shown very good accuracy, progresses through reads, decent size, decent arm, shows good leadership qualities. I do think he is plug and play but I do think we would be a decent NFL player.

He does not move well which appears to be what Rivera wants so he won't be pick 19.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think we'd have to get in the 6-7 range. Detroit worries me.

For Trey Lance? I really like Lance but I don’t know if I like him that much. He has great tools but the lack of game experience in college scares the hell out of me. I don’t think I could give up another 1st to go get him, but I’m more risk adverse. If they like him that much and will be patient with him and also add some more QBs runs to the playbook (Cam offense?) it could be great.

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Which is weird because they generally do pretty good in the NFL. 

If it’s between Mac or Harris I take Harris. He’s a game breaker type. 

It’s not even close in that conversation.

Also... Did Smith’s hand look... out of sorts... when they just showed him to anyone else? I don’t want to rewind to look again.

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

When I have watched him he has shown very good accuracy, progresses through reads, decent size, decent arm, shows good leadership qualities. I do think he is plug and play but I do think we would be a decent NFL player.

He does not move well which appears to be what Rivera wants so he won't be pick 19.

Running is his last choice, but he isn't a statue.  Runs for first downs when has to, as he has several times in this game.  In fact he has excellent footwork and moves very well in the pocket.  

5 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

For Trey Lance? I really like Lance but I don’t know if I like him that much. He has great tools but the lack of game experience in college scares the hell out of me. I don’t think I could give up another 1st to go get him, but I’m more risk adverse. If they like him that much and will be patient with him and also add some more QBs runs to the playbook (Cam offense?) it could be great.

Id sit him the 1st year, maybe work him in with some designed runs, simple reads etc. I think he's going to be Josh Allen.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This sucks.  These kids are banged up and you hate to see Smitty's college career end this way.  Hopefully it's not too serious and he can get right before the combine.

Smith would be fine either way but Jones getting injured could be a problem if it was actually serious because he’s sitting in the 1-2 round area right now. Sermon also could be affected if he couldn’t do it. 

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Id sit him the 1st year, maybe work him in with some designed runs, simple reads etc. I think he's going to be Josh Allen.

I think he has that potential. But Allen benefitted from a really patient fan base, an entire city of people who love the guy, organizational support and excellent development on top of his work ethic and abilities. Lance will have to earn Allen status. 

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

He's not really that accurate though, and he's throwing the first read on almost all of these plays, and the sidelines are making the adjustments for the offense, not him.  He's throwing completions that go for TDs and big first downs that are not well placed throws, or they're pitch and catch throws into broken coverages.  I'm curious about what he'll measure, because it looks like Najee is taller than him when they are both standing up.  But he also hunches, so maybe he's a little bit taller than Najee.  He's skinny and doesn't really have any above average physical traits at all.

I think he's a system QB whose best trait is that he's very decisive and has mastery of his system.  But it's a pretty rigidly-defined one that asks almost nothing extra of him.  He's piloting an unbelievably good offense where he is like the the sixth or seventh best player in it because he's got four legit game breaking talents in Neal, Harris, Waddle, and Smith and Leatherwood, Brown, and Dickerson are better than him too.

6 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Running is his last choice, but he isn't a statue.  Runs for first downs when has to, as he has several times in this game.  In fact he has excellent footwork and moves very well in the pocket.  

I have no idea what you are looking at.  He'll get swallowed up in the pocket at the next level when he's forced to go through a read or two or deal with a free blitzer.  

He's a statue and lacks an NFL body.  Throws a pretty ball, but thats about it.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's not really that accurate though, and he's throwing the first read on almost all of these plays, and the sidelines are making the adjustments for the offense, not him.  He's throwing completions that go for TDs and big first downs that are not well placed throws, or they're pitch and catch throws into broken coverages.  I'm curious about what he'll measure, because it looks like Najee is taller than him when they are both standing up.  But he also hunches, so maybe he's a little bit taller than Najee.  He's skinny and doesn't really have any above average physical traits at all.

I think he's a system QB whose best trait is that he's very decisive and has mastery of his system.  But it's a pretty rigidly-defined one that asks almost nothing extra of him.  He's piloting an unbelievably good offense where he is like the the sixth or seventh best player in it because he's got four legit game breaking talents in Neal, Harris, Waddle, and Smith and Leatherwood, Brown, and Dickerson are better than him too.

Never noticed Jones looking short. He and Najee are both listed at 6'2". I will check that out later

His Oline has done a nice job for him keeping pressure off.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He definitely isn't skinny.  Take a closer look.  His torso is a fat brick and he has weird limbs.  Skipped every leg day. Kinda looks like a lego person.

ElShTwqXgAA_BGm.jpg

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Fields can't catch a break tonight.  That was a fabulous throw to the back of the end zone and Olave didn't drag his feet.

Yeah he did. Left foot was down before the right hit out of bounds.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

He definitely isn't skinny.  Take a closer look.  His torso is a fat brick and he has weird limbs.  Skipped every leg day. Kinda looks like a lego person.

ElShTwqXgAA_BGm.jpg

That’s the body of a Greek Dad God.

Archived