Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Skinny might not be the right word.  Lacking in muscle bulk is more accurate I guess.

The word is fat lol.  Fat.  He was actually skinny when he got to bama which is probably what you're thinking of.  He is trending straight  to 300.

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

In that pic #45 looks shorter than him. That's Fletcher listed at 6 2 also

No point arguing with him.  He's pushing his false narrative for reasons all his own.  When he said Jones is a day 3 talent, told me all I need to know.

They punted?  Wow.

1 minute ago, Number 44 said:

No point arguing with him.  He's pushing his false narrative for reasons all his own.  When he said Jones is a day 3 talent, told me all I need to know.

While we all have our own opinions and will never agree all the time, I respect his evals and is usually pretty solid.

We won't agree with Jones and that's ok. 

Alabama is an absolute machine.  But it's unsatisfying to see the #1 recruiting classes so consistently win the CFP.  I have no idea what can be done about that, but it'd be nice if more of the real competition in the sport happened outside of the recruiting game.  We need some Cindarellas.

5 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Alabama fan?

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Alabama is an absolute machine.  But it's unsatisfying to see the #1 recruiting classes so consistently win the CFP.  I have no idea what can be done about that, but it'd be nice if more of the real competition in the sport happened outside of the recruiting game.  We need some Cindarellas.

Alabama fan?

Northwestern.

So how many Bama brothers we gonna draft or sign, for Allen, Payne, Collins and C-Sims, to play with ?

We got a lot of compensating to do, to make up for the loss of Bammers like SDH, Reuben Foster, Hale Hentges, and possibly Ryan Anderson, and maybe Piersbacher.

Also, didn't know that the other R-Foster, WR Robert is also from Bama.

We need some more Alabama Crimson, to make our Burgundy the right shade

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

While we all have our own opinions and will never agree all the time, I respect his evals and is usually pretty solid.

We won't agree with Jones and that's ok. 

Don't know about his other evals, but his comments about Mac jones are too far off to be taken seriously.

2 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Don't know about his other evals, but his comments about Mac jones are too far off to be taken seriously.

He was the biggest Haskins fan on the board and still wont admit he got it wrong; blames the team for not developing him.

I agree about Jones though.  

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So just a Mac Jones fan then.  Well to each their own.  I don't have an agenda with him though, and my opinions of him are based on watching him play.

I've got to say that I just don't understand your comments about Jones.  They just are way off anything written by media types, which doesn't mean all that much, but also way off what I've seen.  Just can't believe we've been looking at the same games.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

He was the biggest Haskins fan on the board and still wont admit he got it wrong; blames the team for not developing him.

Media and other supporters of certain players tend to blame the team and organization for not developing players, 1st Rounders, or certain QB's.

Which seems baffling, considering that young UDFA's like Heinicke seemed to develop into a starting-calibre QB, in a short time, in this same environment.

He actually seemed to improve his game, after just a short time here.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Media and fans of certain players love to blame the team and organization for not developing players, 1st Rounders, or certain QB's.

Which is odd, considering UDFA Heinicke seemed to develop into a starting-calibre QB, in a short time, in this same environment

What in the world do you mean by certain players?

3 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I've got to say that I just don't understand your comments about Jones.  They just are way off anything written by media types, which doesn't mean all that much, but also way off what I've seen.  Just can't believe we've been looking at the same games.

I don't really read or pay much attention to media scouts.  My takes are based off what I see and I don't really form takes on players I haven't watched.  I went back through Jones's cut ups prior to this game and those were the conclusions I reached.

15 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Humphrey is the rare diva at the center position.

What? Really? I didn't even know that was possible

I've seen some guys w/ anger issues, or poor work ethic, but never a diva at the C position.

One of these days he will decide to go full Leroy, not snap the ball the the QB, and just run the ball himself

https://64.media.tumblr.com/09b436698ad2ad4a7bc26645bb632a52/tumblr_mpb5qu10nB1ra90n2o1_640.jpg

10 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I agree about Jones though.  

Haskins was set up to fail here and he failed.  He didn't handle adversity well, but good teams also don't force their QB prospects into dealing with constant adversity.  That's the truth and it's a common outcome for first round QBs in the NFL.  That doesn't mean these kids aren't good prospects.  It takes luck and quite a bit of help from your team to grow into a franchise QB in the NFL, and as sort of a basic requirement for successful development, you need a coaching staff that's in your corner.

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

What? Really? I didn't even know that was possible

I've seen some guys w/ anger issues, or poor work ethic, but never a diva at the C position.

Diva by the standards of an OL.  Just a read I got from watching his body language in games where things weren't easy.  Sulking and loafing and making sure everyone on the field was aware that he was hurt.  Not very nasty and plays with some indifference.  Poor showings in the losses and down the stretch of the 2019 season that soured me on him.

He's talented but not the kind of leader or tone setter an NFL team would want in a center.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think he has that potential. But Allen benefitted from a really patient fan base, an entire city of people who love the guy, organizational support and excellent development on top of his work ethic and abilities. Lance will have to earn Allen status. 

We are patient! We gave Young like 3 weeks before ****ing about him!

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Haskins was set up to fail here and he failed.  He didn't handle adversity well, but good teams also don't force their QB prospects into dealing with constant adversity.  That's the truth and it's a common outcome for first round QBs in the NFL.  That doesn't mean these kids aren't good prospects.  It takes luck and quite a bit of help from your team to grow into a franchise QB in the NFL, and as sort of a basic requirement for successful development, you need a coaching staff that's in your corner.

He did absolutely nothing to earn it. Nothing. You can have the greatest staff in the world, if you're not willing to put in the effort, you will not make it in this league. Plus, he had the emotional maturity of a 6 year old.

Archived