Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome To Your 2020 NFL Virtual/Cyber/Streaming/Whatever Thread LIVE From...

TK

That player comparison is Hilarious!

Just now, PartyPosse said:

At this point with the way it’s gone none of us are in position to even think we know what’s gonna happen.

Fair point. Like I said I dont hate the player. I just dont know where you put him? And there were true LB's and Safeties available with decent skill. It is what it is. He is a Skin and I will cheer him on like everyone else.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Gotta give them credit.

They aren't resting on their laurels because they made the Super Bowl.

They are being aggressive.

It’s rare to see a Super Bowl team get significantly better like this. No Buckner? Get Kinlaw. Trade Goodwin? Get Aiyuk. Lose Staley? Get Trent Williams for peanuts.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have gotten into this with @Skinsinparadise a little, especially when we traded the 5th to Carolina.  But I agree with his premise, for the most part.  

Just to set the record straight, going back to 2017, the 'Skins 4th round picks have been: 2017 - Perine/Monte Nicholson, 2018 - Troy Apke, 2019 - Love/Wes Martin.

Martin might turn into a player.  Love, who knows.  Perine and Monte are gone.  I think Apke is still banging around waiting to be a camp cut.  This isn't a great track record for the 4th round. 

5th round has been:  2017 - Sprinkle, 2018 - Settle, 2019 - Piershbacher/Holcomb.  

He's actually done somewhat better in the 5th round than 4th round.  Though, the 5th round has basically been what it expected to be: backups, role players, ST players and the occasional gem (Holcomb).  

What's somewhat fascinating is the 6th round might be even better: 2017 - Rouiller, 2018 - Shaun Dion Hamilton, 2019 - Kelvin Harmon.  You have serious contributors and starters in that group.

@Califan007 yeah my bad it was an early 5th and not a 4th.  But yeah its just been an odd ride with Kyle Smith where he seems to have a left field pick in the mid rounds where he skips some bigger names and goes for someone that most think would go lower in the draft.  And don't get me wrong Kyle knows a mile more than any of us about football.  And I trust him.  But these left field picks haven't worked out yet and at least some of the players they've bypassed later on we've later said too bad we don't pick some of those other guys in those rounds because some of the players he skipped worked out better than those he took.

Other than that, Kyle is a stud thus far at picking players.  That's just his one quirky thing that i've observed.

Good points @Voice of Reason

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@Califan007 yeah my bad it was an early 5th and not a 4th.  But yeah its just been an odd ride with Kyle Smith where he seems to have a left field pick in the mid rounds where he skips some bigger names and goes for someone that most think would go lower in the draft.  And don't get me wrong Kyle knows a mile more than any of us about football.  And I trust him.  But these left field picks haven't worked out yet and at least some of the players they've bypassed later on we've later said too bad we don't pick some of those other guys in those rounds because some of the players he skipped worked out better than those he took.

Other than that, Kyle is a stud thus far at picking players.  That's just his one quirky thing that i've observed.

Good points @Voice of Reason

Most people considered Terry McLaurin an incredible reach and terrible value pick in the third round. So, at least some of his left field picks work out. Wes Martin, Holcomb, and Harmon were also pretty good middle and low picks (I guess Harmon wasn't "left field." Jimmy Mooreland was also a pretty good get for a seventh rounder.

I really want Baltimore to draft Lamar Jackson

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's a good point below, the Eagles are loaded now with speedy receivers.  One thing I don't love about this draft is no CBs.  Maybe June 1st cuts?  Eagles have potentially a good WR crew now, ditto Dallas. 

At this point no corners left on the board will be who you want playing against some of these receiver sets.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Most people considered Terry McLaurin an incredible reach and terrible value pick in the third round. 

You missed my point entirely.  You wouldn't find a bigger fan of Kyle Smith than me.   But I don't feel like re-explaining my point.

You are talking to the wrong guy about McLaurin.  I was arguably the biggest fan here of both he and Harmon players before the draft.  And sold them hard both before that draft and after we picked then. Some didn't like Terry McLaurin but not because he was a reach.  He was mocked in the 3rd a lot.  Kiper even had him in the late first in a mock. 

Archived