Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! Ron Rivera, Dan Snyder, The Front Office, and Anything Team Related (other than name change)

JSSkinz

15 hours ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

If a name change is inevitable, I’d go with the Washington Hogs.

History with Joe Bugel and our Ferocious O-line.

We can have pork-themed tail-gates.  Pig races, food 🥓.  Don’t worry vegan pig will be on the menu too.

Hail to the pigskins! 

Washington Hogs would be a great way to honor that 80's o-line.  If you have been in support of the recent movement, to get rid of anything celebrating our racist past; then you should be in favor of a name change. The Skins were founded by a racist. Redskins, has been viewed as a racist term for years.

The name change will happen in the next 5 years; maybe even sooner, given the current climate. I am not attached the name, just let me have a say in picking a new name. The great legacy of team called the Redskins, died when Gibbs retired the first time. We have nothing related to that team.

Society is changing, for the good. You may not like it, but things are changing.  The pressure is coming and coming fast, to get the name changed. Pressure will be put on companies that have dealings with the Redskins. I can see the federal government get involved, if we have an all Dem government in 21. The government can tell the NFL to change the name, or lose their anti-trust exemption.

Maybe the government decides that all sport teams, at all levels, must rename any Indian related team name.  I could see that, if AOC became president one.

I usually called the team, the Skins.

Washington Skins - keeping the colors but removing the logo. Don't know if that name would be acceptable though.

Washington Warriors - a less offensive Indian name.

Washington Hogs - to honor that 80's o-line.

Washington Nationals - the real America's team.

Washington Monuments - a way to recognize the city.

The name change will happen.

21 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I hope you'll be a bit more compassionate when the name goes away to those of us who are deeply saddened by the change because its been a huge part of our lives for so long.  My guess is that you won't be based upon your response to the name review. 

That's why it's bad to make assumptions, I've been a Redskins fan since I was a child, but I've evolved over time to know that this name is not normal and understand why things change over time. I know this is a hard pill to swallow, heck, five years ago I probably would've had a toxic reaction. 

14 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I totally disagree with that. I think it takes a strong person to say, you know what, this is wrong and I'm going to change it. It's about time we do the right thing. If you don't change it now, then when do you change it? Sometimes you just have to peel off the band aid no matter how much it hurts

Your statement assumes that it IS wrong, which i totally disagree with based on the word origin created by Natives, the low precentage of Natives who find it offendive and multiple high school mascots in Native populations called Redskins.  How many non natives find it offensive is irrelevant.  Being offended FOR someone else is ridiculous.

We may disagree about whether the name is right or wrong on its own, but the mob telling you it is wrong and you should change it does not determine the rightness or wrongness of the name.  Caving to pressure on something like this that isnt obviously immoral or illegal is much easier than standing firm.  It actually takes a stronger person to say I’m not going to give in because I havent done anything wrong.

1 minute ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Racist?  He is Jewish, and is being screwed by the UK pols.

What the hell are you talking about? I am talking about Clemens Tönnies who was in charge for Schalke for the last 20 years until last week.

Basically if name is changed it makes no sense to continue any association with a racial group so forget warriors , braves or other names which can be manipulated in a fashion to create an issue.

So any name change most likely going to be to something completely different!

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

What are you trying to say with this coded riddle language? Just spit it out. This type of "give them a reasonable inch and they might take an unreasonable mile" fearmongering is exactly the type of empty rhetoric that allows systemic issues to be perpetuated over time. What is this worst case scenario endgame that you fear this could lead to? If you don't have one in mind, then maybe wonder what it is you're so afraid of.

Nothing I’m afraid to say, I have said it before.  Where does it stop? It’s a meaningless, superficial movement to change the name that isn’t offensive to the greatest majority of people Indigenous to this country. Fear has nothing to do with it.  I have been a fan of this team since I was five or six  years old. I have loved the tradition and history of this team from the time I became a fan. The team name, colors,  marching band, various team logos, and great players from the past, it has always been a big part of my life. I just feel like when the name is taken away the history is also.

I still wonder if there is middle ground most people can agree with. I know you can never satisfy everyone, especially those resistant to change just because “you have to be” or those pushing it because “times have changed”. But I think the middle ground is where we should be playing towards. 

Who knows. I ain’t paid enough to fight over it tho 

3 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Nothing I’m afraid to say, I have said it before.  Where does it stop? It’s a meaningless, superficial movement to change the name that isn’t offensive to the greatest majority of people Indigenous to this country. Fear has nothing to do with it.  I have been a fan of this team since I was five or six  years old. I have loved the tradition and history of this team from the time I became a fan. The team name, colors,  marching band, various team logos, and great players from the past, it has always been a big part of my life. I just feel like when the name is taken away the history is also.

None of that matters to the mob. It's not going to stop until our past is completely rewritten.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

So 5 years ago spjunkies would have had a toxic reaction to a name change , but now it is OK?  He needs to change his name to wishy washy, since that is exactly what he is.

Wishy washy or grown over time to understand that the name of a damn football team shouldn't have racial undertones? Hmmm and tag me in your post if you mention me again. 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

So 5 years ago spjunkies would have had a toxic reaction to a name change , but now it is OK?  He needs to change his name to wishy washy, since that is exactly what he is.

Stuff like this makes me question the maturity on your entire side of the argument. No one rational says stupid shut like this as an adult lol

18 minutes ago, just654 said:

That statement is a stalling technique. Gives Dan time to see if this pressure will pass.

Nooo way. That official release, with quotes and all, just created its own expectations. Can't run away from it now. They're even being killed for gratuitously using the name so much in a release about changing it, even ending with the name as a sign-off. The attention is only beginning and that official memo release will now be the talk of ESPN. Schefter knows a lot and even said the name is dunzo man. 

So 5 years ago , you had no clue, and given the trademark case that provided evidence that the name is not offensive to native Americans by a large margin? 

Spineless, that is what you are.

let me guess:  5 years ago you were a Cowboys fan, right?

Just now, Chelsea_Phil said:

So 5 years ago , you had no clue, and given the trademark case that provided evidence that the name is not offensive to native Americans by a large margin? 

Spineless, that is what you are.

SPINELESS I TELL YOU, SPINELESS!!! 

GTFO of here.

15 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I posted links to articles discussing more recent, actual scientifically conducted polls on this issue yesterday.

If you actually care and are open to seeing how many it offends, you'll go read them.

Archived