Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! Ron Rivera, Dan Snyder, The Front Office, and Anything Team Related (other than name change)

JSSkinz

Just now, -JB- said:

I don’t agree.  You already have the Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Chiefs etc.

The groups that have led the anti-Redskins movement want all those names gone as well. If you want to be the team that is under attack for racism that makes a change and has those voices say "better, but not good enough" then you're just not interested in reversing the PR damage.

And Chiefs and Braves are going to be on the chopping block very soon, guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

I don’t agree.  You already have the Golden State Warriors, Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, Kansas City Chiefs etc.

The Braves have already gotten rid of the tomahawk chop, you have people who said the Indians name should change even after they got rid of Chief Wahoo, and the Chiefs have been put up there as well.  

I think the only way Snyder changes the name is if this gets to the level of the NFL itself, and league sponsorships, as well as those of other teams, are threatened by this.  Snyder isn't popular in the ownership circles, and may only have support from the Hunt family because they are tied together with the name in a sense.  Maybe Jerry Jones?  Because with the way things are going, it's only a matter of time before someone finds a way to demonize cowboys.  

11 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Washington Nationals, Washington Capitols, Washington...Monuments?!?!😀

The anarchists will be after the Washington  Monument next. Eventually the name Washington won’t be allowed. Where does it stop?

10 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Because with the way things are going, it's only a matter of time before someone finds a way to demonize cowboys.  

This is a ridiculous sentence and demonstrates willfull ignorance of the actual issue. Sorry, is "cowboys" a derogatory term for an oppressed minority group who are the victims of a historical systematic genocide? Or are you just posting like an ass due to the perceived politics of the issue, which aren't allowed in the Stadium?

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is a ridiculous sentence and demonstrates willfull ignorance of the actual issue. Sorry, is "cowboys" a derogatory term for an oppressed minority group who are the victims of a historical systematic genocide? Or are you just posting like an ass due to the perceived politics of the issue, which aren't allowed in the Stadium?

I bet those “oppressed”people that continually poll in favor of the name, are  glad they have a spokesman that knows what they should think about an issue to speak out for them.

I get it. Redskins is seen as derogatory by some and I would be ok with warriors and keeping the logo. If sports removes all Native American names and logos then what do they have left that anyone will even remember them? That only hurts the Native American community in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The groups that have led the anti-Redskins movement want all those names gone as well. If you want to be the team that is under attack for racism that makes a change and has those voices say "better, but not good enough" then you're just not interested in reversing the PR damage.

And Chiefs and Braves are going to be on the chopping block very soon, guaranteed. 

Fighting Irish as well?  Seminoles?  Blackhawks?  You really think so?  Chiefs just won the SB and there was literally zero talk ever about the team name.  Just because you feel bad about the Redskins inevitably having to change their name doesn’t mean other team names are nearly as offensive.  Maybe Snyder will opt for a team name that has nothing to do with Native American’s.  Either way, just change the damn name already.

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Just stop 

Just now, -JB- said:

Fighting Irish as well?  Seminoles?  Blackhawks?  You really think so?  Chiefs just won the SB and there was literally zero talk ever about the team name.  Just because you feel bad about the Redskins inevitably having to change their name doesn’t mean other team names are nearly as offensive.  Maybe Snyder will opt for a team name that has nothing to do with Native American’s.  Either way, just change the damn name already.

Keep the name!

7 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

I bet those “oppressed”people that continually poll in favor of the name, are  glad they have a spokesman that knows what they should think about an issue to speak out for them.

You should discover google and then look up how flawed the methodology is on those polls people cling to. They don't really mean much.

And referring to Native Americans as "oppressed" in quotations is the definition of ignorant. Don't bother responding to this, please, it'll just go off topic.

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Prepare to root for another franchise, the name is cooked! You can rant and rave all you want, but the writing is on the wall.

Not ranting and raving. My opinion whether you like it or not.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You should discover google and then look up how flawed the methodology is on those polls people cling to. They don't really mean much.

The methodology of the Washington Post that has tried everything under the sun to get the name changed? The same Post that got the same results in polls ten years apart?

Warriors and the throwback spear jerseys I could deal with. 
screw the poll argument, there’s literally redskins teams in native American tribes all over the country... explain to me how that makes sense if it’s so offensive? 
the ship has sailed, it’s going to happen. But for the love this is just feel good people telling most native Americans how to feel, in a moment where group think is too strong to overcome 

7 minutes ago, Tarpon75 said:

Washington Post that has tried everything under the sun to get the name changed? The same Post that got the same results in polls ten years apart?

If you're actually curious, yes, that's what makes it so ironic. Research it, it was poorly done and scientifically is basically garbage. Also, you're conflating the Post's editorial board with the entire paper, which aren't the same. 

I hope these same people who are so deeply and selectively offended by our sports teams' name will, after it's changed, focus their efforts on the state of Oklahoma. You know, a state with millions of residents, that literally translates to "Red Man". 

Probably not though. 

Also, strange that there's been not a peep about the blatantly racist Indians logo. I mean, look at that thing. 

Those on the woke bandwagon tend to miss a few things. 

10 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Warriors and the throwback spear jerseys I could deal with. 
screw the poll argument, there’s literally redskins teams in native American tribes all over the country... explain to me how that makes sense if it’s so offensive? 
the ship has sailed, it’s going to happen. But for the love this is just feel good people telling most native Americans how to feel, in a moment where group think is too strong to overcome 

Im pretty much resigned to the fact that it's going to change, but this is the part that irks me. The narrative that wanted to be told, was, and a large part of the story was ignored to get the deisred reaction.

And for Florio, Wise, and Fartstein, how much have they really tried to make an actual difference? 

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Change the logo to a sweet potato. Problem solved. No more racism. Only....

Deliciousness. 

Red_Potato_Skins.jpg

There are actually "red skin" potatoes and "red skin" onions. 

"Hail to the Red Skins!  Hail the maitre d'!  Carbs, on the warpath!  Starch for old D.C.!"

If we have to change the name I would prefer to leave everything else the same. Surely the logo isn’t an issue as it’s just the profile of a Native American, not cartoony like the Indians logo.

I don’t like the idea of a new logo and a new name at all, so if I had to pick something I would just do the Washington Football Club or Washington FC like soccer and keep everything else the same.

Archived