Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

It's been such a big week cleaning & such, I put off all the outside stuff for today.  (The weather is sunny and clear for the first time.)  I'm gonna stock up on all of the heavy duty stuff I'll need to get through winter, then hopefully I won't see a store for another couple months except for staples. 

I've got 2 pretty intense projects for tomorrow, then I can relax.  Got a couple jobs to check out next week...a good Sunday would definitely make that go better.  :)

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's been such a big week cleaning & such, I put off all the outside stuff for today.  (The weather is sunny and clear for the first time.)  I'm gonna stock up on all of the heavy duty stuff I'll need to get through winter, then hopefully I won't see a store for another couple months except for staples. 

I've got 2 pretty intense projects for tomorrow, then I can relax.  Got a couple jobs to check out next week...a good Sunday would definitely make that go better.  :)

Pet daycare.  I'm thinking about switching to it.

Not to sound egotistical, but yesterday when I entered the building for a meeting after a 2 mile jog there...nobody said hi to me.  I was 30 minutes early to supplement the end of day workers.  Not that they dislike me, it's just the new culture we've hired.  You're cool if you're talkative, weird if you work hard.

2 years ago when I entered the building, I'd practically get an applause.  Nothing has changed with me, I still go beast mode.

Huge cultural issue.  Whatever...I gotta clean this place before my insane work week starts tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Wife said "please don't watch anything crazy with him" before going downstairs. 

Sitting with my 3-year old watching Executive Decision and Steven Seagal is going hammer time with the small arms at 30,000 feet :806:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Chew said:

Wife said "please don't watch anything crazy with him" before going downstairs. 

Sitting with my 3-year old watching Executive Decision and Steven Seagal is going hammer time with the small arms at 30,000 feet :806:

I didn't realize why they had to delay that movie till I saw it...and glad he had just a brief part.  :ols:

17 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Yo @Chew....how was the Burr show?

20211008_175429.thumb.jpg.4d3846ef1de1bb602ccf52d12a011c4a.jpg

Dude, did you fire up Blops?!   Are you getting Vanguard? 

Burr was hilarious.  He came on stage and immediately started going off on everybody about the pandemic and masks, anti-vaxxers, extremists on both sides, etc. He did a lot of ad-lib stuff too, talking about how the sign language interpreter looked like a Jedi extra on the set of Mandalorian and how he couldn't concentrate on doing his set because the red rocks are distracting because they're so ****ing huge.  Lots of laugh out loud moments.  

I've been to several big name comedy shows at Red Rocks and Burr had the most diverse crowd I've seen.  More so than Chapelle and George Lopez.  Boomers and teens, professionals and wooks, cowboy boot conservatives and Birkenstock liberals.  People of all shades and all walks of life came out to see that brother.  That spoke volumes to me.  I legit can't think of another celebrity that could pull such a colorful crowd. 

Bill Burr is for the people.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Dude, did you fire up Blops?!   Are you getting Vanguard? 

Burr was hilarious.  He came on stage and immediately started going off on everybody about the pandemic and masks, anti-vaxxers, extremists on both sides, etc. He did a lot of ad-lib stuff too, talking about how the sign language interpreter looked like a Jedi extra on the set of Mandalorian and how he couldn't concentrate on doing his set because the red rocks are distracting because they're so ****ing huge.  Lots of laugh out loud moments.  

I've been to several big name comedy shows at Red Rocks and Burr had the most diverse crowd I've seen.  More so than Chapelle and George Lopez.  Boomers and teens, professionals and wooks, cowboy boot conservatives and Birkenstock liberals.  People of all shades and all walks of life came out to see that brother.  That spoke volumes to me.  I legit can't think of another celebrity that could pull such a colorful crowd. 

Bill Burr is for the people.  

You nailed it on that last part.  He's the man.

I'm one of the old COD heads who is on strike because of the state of the franchise.  I fired up Black Ops 2 to play against the bots.  Major nostalgia, to the point where I get sad.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Friend of mine we used to use a screwdriver to keep track of who's turn it was if we had a few too many.

So you gave the screwdriver to the one who wasn't drunk enough?  Could you substitute a different drink?

• Thumb up 1

It’s really tough watching two old friends, 30 years or so for both, have their 15 year marriage fall apart in a conflagration of Covid economy stuff/health issues/alcoholism and the heavy acceptance that some people hit 50 and really buy in to aging gracefully and some people hit 50 and kinda mail it in.

I want to help them…but help how?  And who?  Dammit.

Anyway…Look out for your people.  It’s getting tough out there.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, China said:

So you gave the screwdriver to the one who wasn't drunk enough?  Could you substitute a different drink?

Nah, it sat next to the board and as part of our move we turned it to the person hows turn it was now.

Maybe, but we did not. Those were the days...