Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

**** this ****, I quit. It’s a game for nerds anyways.

There is no end to it.  You either become a grandmaster, a chess hustler...or you hit sticking points where you realize it'll take more time to become a little better.  For ego, perhaps?

If it makes you feel any better...Magnus and the rest of the greats get blasted by the top chess engine these days.  They hover around 2800 rating (absurd), the top basic computer engine is around 3400 (fork you).

Ask yourself, what is your goal?

Yo, for yall that grew up in the middle of nowhere, how did yall trick or treat? 

Did yall hit the 5 house closest to you then get in the car to find another 5 houses?  We was taking backroads to get home from Niagara and my wife was curious if it was even possible for yall to rack up, and she doesn't even celebrate Halloween. 

Inquiring minds want to know...

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Yo, for yall that grew up in the middle of nowhere, how did yall trick or treat?

My elementary years were closer to DC, so I did get that experience before we moved out to the country...after that, it was church parties.  :ols:

I really needed to get some stuff done today...been in the chair with an ice pack most of the day.  Feeling better, and I've enjoyed TV...but I'm at the point of the year when things aren't so good, and keeping busy is what I need to do. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I didn't move out to the middle of nowhere until I was 14. By that time I was handing out candy not going out for it. My folks house in Lucketts VA would get trick or treaters. Mainly vans/cars full of kids driven around by a parent. 

Hell I've lived in a townhouse in a city for the past twelve years and haven't had one trick or treater. Most of my neighbors are like 65+ so I guess it kinda makes sense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did yall hit the 5 house closest to you then get in the car to find another 5 houses?  We was taking backroads to get home from Niagara and my wife was curious if it was even possible for yall to rack up, and she doesn't even celebrate Halloween. 

Inquiring minds want to know...

I'm imagining farmland.  That's just weird if you're driving thru crops to get a mini snickers.  

My fam would judge you before giving candy.  How old are you, how late is it?

You're a kid with a good costume on...here's a load of candy.

You're a teen (late teen) with street clothes on and your car parked outside at 10pm...here's a 9 to your face.  Nah...you get one Smartie fun pack.  With an eyeroll atcha.

• Haha 4

When my son moved into his house in Richmond city 5-6 years ago he decided he wanted to be 'that guy' at Halloween. So he ordered several boxes of full-sized candy bars to give out to the trick or treaters. Much to his dismay nobody showed up at his house. He was pissed. LOL He's at the edge of some sketchy city neighborhoods. 

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2021 at 11:52 PM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Welcome to my old world!  Muhuhahahaha.  I didn't have the time to get good enough for international masters.

For real though man, I got a chess board the other day because you inspired me...and played my nephew.  He's a natural. Put him in this predicament to initiate trades.  I had the black pieces, he just moved pawn to a3, it was my move...what would you have done?  After this, I felt like I got an advantage.

Around 20 more moves each, he blundered...giving me the classic row 1 pinned-by-your-pawns mate.  I'm 3-0 in the past month or 2.  Call me Magnus Fischerov.

20211006_171013.thumb.jpg.45e236a31933b01ffcbd206ee38a7ec7.jpg

That's an ugly set. :ols:

Doesn't it feel like you are playing Chessmaster on a low resolution monitor in 2000?