Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Sometimes when I think of death I can almost feel a panic attack. I’ve only had one panic attack in my life and that’s when I found out my dad was going to die. 

I'm sorry about your dad, man.  ❤️

Think about life and consciousness for too long and you'll go nuts.  Existential OCD is my jam, unfortunately.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Sometimes when I think of death I can almost feel a panic attack. I’ve only had one panic attack in my life and that’s when I found out my dad was going to die. 

That's a reoccuring message, Do Itch.  Professional help would be worlds better than my dumb-ass advice...

But I've had a few panic attacks, not too long ago either.  For stupider reasons than you, but I've felt them too brother.  Only thing that helps me is switching up my life constantly.  Trying new things.  If they don't catch on, well I'll have a memory of trying them.  Experiences my man.  Your dad will always be with you in your soul.

• Like 2

Randy Johnson hitting that bird just adds to his legend.  In the 150+ years that baseball has been played, that's never happened and if it had, it hadn't been reported in the Dead Ball era or in the Negro Leagues.  If it had happened somewhere along those lines, it would have just added to that players legend or tall tales, similar to how Satchel Paige said that Cool Papa Bell was so fast he could turn the lights off and be in bed before it got dark.  If some player hit a bird with a pitch, you'd have heard about it.

The only thing that comes close is Dave Winfield hitting a seagull with a warm up throw in the early 80s while playing for the Yankees.  There's some speculation that he meant to do it and I don't believe any video of it exists.  

But the fact that it was one of the top 5 most dominant lefties of all time who was perhaps the hardest throwing pitcher in baseball at that time in the 6th or 7th inning of a Spring Training game (a starter like Randy Johnson wouldn't be in that late in an ST game these days)...the sheer probability of that happening is incalculable.  You'd have a better chance winning the lottery than seeing that again.  And the fact that it was Randy Johnson who did it!!  If it was Armando Reynoso, it would have been funny but I don't think it would be as memorable.

Randy Johnson didn't think it was funny at the time, but it looks like he's softened his stance on it over the years.  The logo for his photography company is a dead bird on its back.  I watched that clip a bunch yesterday.  

• Like 2

You guys remember your first game at the big boy level where pitchers are throwing too hard to bail?  Like, best you can do is turn your head and hope it doesn't hit your neck.  Because, unless you're a Ricky Henderson type, you ain't dodging that leather bullet.  And it's going to hurt.  But don't rub it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chew said:

You guys remember your first game at the big boy level where pitchers are throwing too hard to bail?  Like, best you can do is turn your head and hope it doesn't hit your neck.  Because, unless you're a Ricky Henderson type, you ain't dodging that leather bullet.  And it's going to hurt.  But don't rub it.  

I remember when fastballs started to make that "sizzling" noise.  That was no-fun to get used to.  The sizzlyer the sizzle, the painlier the pain.

Randy Johnson's delivery was so frightening, as well.  That wide angle, the slinging style.  There is something to be said about pitchers whos deliveries seem out of control.  It adds to the fear.

Then there were the bammas back when I played who could chuck gas but had no control.  *cough*me*cough.  I got my s*** together around freshman year thru a few training sessions with St. Albans manager at the time, but before that - I walked and beaned a fair share of batters, lol.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

You know a guy is special when he gets treated like a freakshow at the All Star game. 

Did you regale them with your courtroom battle stories, Perry Mason?

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I remember when fastballs started to make that "sizzling" noise.  That was no-fun to get used to.  The sizzlyer the sizzle, the painlier the pain.

Randy Johnson's delivery was so frightening, as well.  That wide angle, the slinging style.  There is something to be said about pitchers whos deliveries seem out of control.  It adds to the fear.

Then there were the bammas back when I played who could chuck gas but had no control.  *cough*me*cough.  I got my s*** together around freshman year thru a few training sessions with St. Albans manager at the time, but before that - I walked and beaned a fair share of batters, lol.

That was me.  I could throw really hard, had no idea where it was going.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yeah, Kruk was special.

Especially on The Best Damn Sports Show with John Salley and that nerdy host.  That show was actually put up as competition against Around the Horn and PTI.  Lol.

I see that PTI is still going strong.  I know some feel whatever about Wilbon/ST but I've let it go.  PTI otherwise was my jam in the mid-2000s.  I liked Around the Horn, although the idea of Kellerman and Statboy being the scorekeeper...like they are the Gods of Opinions...made the show mostly tounge-in-cheek.

I think Kruks personality and build take away from how good he was.  That Phillies team in the 90s had a buncha dogs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Especially on The Best Damn Sports Show with John Salley and that nerdy host.  That show was actually put up as competition against Around the Horn and PTI.  Lol.

I see that PTI is still going strong.  I know some feel whatever about Wilbon/ST but I've let it go.  PTI otherwise was my jam in the mid-2000s.  I liked Around the Horn, although the idea of Kellerman and Statboy being the scorekeeper...like they are the Gods of Opinions...made the show mostly tounge-in-cheek.

I think Kruks personality and build take away from how good he was.  That Phillies team in the 90s had a buncha dogs.

You missed my joke.  But, fair play...Kruk was an absolute gamer and was almost sneaky Tony Gwynn-good against righties.

Awesome player.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You missed my joke.  But, fair play...Kruk was an absolute gamer and was almost sneaky Tony Gwynn-good against righties.

Awesome player.

Think I got the joke.  Just saying The Best Damn Sports Show was boring compared to PTI and ATH.  It was bad.  Kruk was special on it...