Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Roger Craig was a beast.

He was a second tier RB fo sure.  Very fast.

Which, btw, is one of three attributes in that game.  Speed, and breaking tackles/tackling.  Lol.

The 49ers had two fast WRs.  John Taylor was the truth.  And Lott was in great position as a safety, being a max-fast defender.

Wheras, the only speedster on the Raiders D was huge-ass Howie Long.  Have to drop him back in coverage at the snap of the ball.  Annoying. 

Thing about receivers is that they all run their routes at the same speed...so it's all about pickoffs, or meeting the WR so he can't RAC.  RBs are more important, and fast defenders even more important than them.  Kick returners are important as hell too, and the 49ers had a slow ass bum as their returner.

God I'm a nerd.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Haha 3

These were my games as a kid:

445061-nfl-quarterback-club-98-nintendo-

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember figuring out that Quarterback Club's stiff-arm system was broken, such that if you got the timing of the animation down, it almost always worked.  It made QB bootleg scrambles totally effective and you could score 85 yard TD runs with Drew Bledsoe whenever you wanted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

My favorite thing in Tecmo Bowl was the carnage when you called the correct play on defense. Looked like the 85 Bears playing against the Little Giants. Blown the **** up.

The punt returns were hellacious too. A return for a TD could've been a 50 point achievement on the Xbox.  I was like 1 for 1,000 returning punts for a TD, and I for damn sure remember that return.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

My favorite thing in Tecmo Bowl was the carnage when you called the correct play on defense. Looked like the 85 Bears playing against the Little Giants. Blown the **** up.

Whenever I played against the Raiders, when on defense I called the Bo Jackson play 90% of the time so my opponent couldn't use him at all.  

• Like 1

I had NFL QB Club 95 on my Sega....the trick was to constantly hit the spin move button to bounce off tackles. I'd own on kick returns :ols: I used to love the QB challenges....I wish Madden would do something like that as a side game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

In case you were wondering what chewy is rocking these days...

Too plain for me, where's the pizzazz :wacko:.  Never been a huge fan of NB.  I keep a fresh pair of 992s like any self-respecting DMV native, though. 

I did pick these up last year for the lowski.  Top 5 most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever worn, and I've owned a lot of shoes.  Highly recommend.  

New Balance Test Run Project 2.0 - MTRP2CB

Edited by Chew

14 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I got turned on this morning by a perfectly ripe avocado. Let’s get weird.

I can totally understand this.  While I believe them to be an acquired taste (I used to equate guac with baby ****), I've gotten to where I keep 'em in the house all the time now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I got turned on this morning by a perfectly ripe avocado. Let’s get weird.

Avocado toast with some olive oil and everything bagel seasoning?!  Party in your mouth and everyone's invited.  

• Like 1