Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

11 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

My hoa is filled with nitwits. Dude in charge went insane with power long ago. A number of the old ladies have recently been elected to the board to try n check his dumbass. It aint been working. 🤣

Shame you can't just throw him in a wood chipper 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I can't tell what their signs say....something about restoring something cannot wait. It's tied to Shia Islam - the black flag to the right with red lettering is the Shia flag that says "Labaik Ya Hussain" (At your service, Oh Hussain!). I'm guessing they're Iranian or Pakistani

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Thanks 2

Well, regardless of what it was for, I give them a solid B from a "this is how to protest" standpoint.

Points for having a leader lead chants and everyone being more or less in unison, not being overly disruptive (and certainly not aggressive  or violent), staying in their lane, and keeping it moving at a good pace so as to not **** up traffic any more than necessary (and doing it before rush hour starts). 

Deductions for having signs that are too small to be read from the 5th floor above them and generally being a pretty small group.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Well, regardless of what it was for, I give them a solid B from a "this is how to protest" standpoint.

Points for having a leader lead chants and everyone being more or less in unison, not being overly disruptive (and certainly not aggressive  or violent), staying in their lane, and keeping it moving at a good pace so as to not **** up traffic any more than necessary (and doing it before rush hour starts). 

Deductions for having signs that are too small to be read from the 5th floor above them and generally being a pretty small group.  

Found it....they're protesting the destruction of Al-Baqi cemetery:

Before:

image.png.104ad351ae2400a102d25155f5acd311.png

After:

image.png.11c4f101d28c976224d14b9f3c2a393c.png

The Day of Sorrow (Persian: روز غم ruz-e gham) is commemorated by some Muslims, marking the razing of the Al-Baqi' cemetery in Medina by Saudi King Abdulaziz ibn Saud. In the Gregorian calendar, the demolition took place on 21 April 1926; in the lunar-based Islamic calendar, it fell on the 8th of Shawwal and is observed on that day (relative to the Gregorian calendar, the dates vary from year to year, drifting approximately 11 days earlier each year).[1][2] The cemetery housed the bodies of many of the Ahl al-Bayt, members of the family of Muhammad, who are especially revered by Shia Muslims and play a central role in Shia Islamic theology

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I was poop scooping a bit ago, and there was a crusty turd kinda stuck to the turf in the dog run.  I kept at it with the little rake and it popped up and hit me in the face :(

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Found it....they're protesting the destruction of Al-Baqi cemetery:

Interesting, my building's management referred to it as "First Amendment Demonstrations."  

Whoever they are, they need to work on their socials. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Pretty sure the baby snake I just scared off my porch was a copperhead. Boo urns. 👎👎

My dad said he was only afraid of 2 kinds of snakes...dead ones and live ones.  One of our neighbors saw him run over one in the Celica (like early 80s).

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My dad said he was only afraid of 2 kinds of snakes...dead ones and live ones.  One of our neighbors saw him run over one in the Celica (like early 80s).

Sounds like my dad. Man literally Chopped a harmelss garden snake in half like he was Geralt of Rivia. Which is funny, bc gators weren't uncommon. He really had beef with snakes.

I mean don't get me wrong, it was a big mother****er, but still... 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't see a thread here for... Certain global events that might be going on. Since I know yall make threads for everything, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that one got nasty, and ended up locked 😬

NHL Playoffs?  They haven't actually started yet.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't see a thread here for... Certain global events that might be going on. Since I know yall make threads for everything, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that one got nasty, and ended up locked 😬

use random political that's where I put all my milei posts