Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

A serious insomnia night here, one of many these nights. So I take a few hours break and read here and other places, hoping like hell that I'll get sleepy. 

Me too.  I went to bed early last night, tho.  And thunderstorms.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:53 AM, ixcuincle said:

Arguing this morning with people who like driving straight into DC.

I just don't understand their logic. Have you ever driven into DC off the GW Parkway or 66?

Do you know how much traffic there is? During rush hour?

****, if I have to go into DC I'm not risking my car getting stole lol. I'm taking that train.

This isn't even a DC thing too. I don't like driving into Arlington either. Always having to find a garage, paying for parking, handling tickets, it's just a nightmare. And the city traffic too and all the crosswalks. Speed limit 25 rofl. Get outta here.

I drive into dc all the time it’s not a problem. 

did it 3 times this week for work. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I would like to meet this person if he exists.  And then book an island flight.

Ok so the simulator combines aspects of the matrix and inception with a completely new concept that will absolutely blow the people away and an ending with a twist so powerful it will make The 6th Sense look like it was written by a thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters but who only had 10 minutes and who all had explosive diarrhea and then they just stuck all the pages together and called it a screenplay.

It’s actually a series with multiple installments and I am at the gym walking on the treadmill, so I will not begin to explain the plot at this time. Please check back for updates later this weekend.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It also contains elements of that 1990 movie, Mr. destiny with James Belushi. And then at the end we will give them the old okey-doke and pretend we are doing a sopranos ending and leaving a cliffhanger unanswered but then after the credits start but right before the music the protagonist will divulge the answer on screen which will leave the people temporarily satisfied but forever grappling with the existential question of whether it is fair to enslave another human being by tricking them into believing a false reality if they understand that it is in fact, a false reality, and they give their consent and if it is actually, in a sense, humanitarian. And if I’m writing like this right now, just imagine if I was on mushrooms. There’s been a storm a’brewing in this brain for quite some time now and I fear it’s about to explode.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Read something about a standoff with the SWAT team.  Suspect now in custody.

We were on the way home from the Globetrotters game at Mason and A SWAT vehicle went by with siren on. Glad the suspect is in custody. 

That's not too far from where I live.  That picture was taken on Annandale Rd, near the James Lee Community Center (that's the building you can see in the background).

• Sad 1

Talking to my friend who doesn't like seafood

1) it's lent brother

2) if I lived anywhere near the sea or bay I'd be eating seafood all day, fried or un-fried. We live in Maryland / VA brother. Old Bay and crab.

hGYZ_AoBQJ4GIteTew8jHMCFKVE=.gif

• Thumb up 1

I've always idolized Pat McAfee (WVU Alum) but he told this story on a podcast recently about how he won 1400 dollars playing poker and that helped him go down to Miami for a kicking camp (which he won, and used to parlay into a WVU scholarship)

That's nuts

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Just real quick do you press the red reset button and try to manually turn the disposal with an Allen wrench? 

It was leaking from the electrical coil...my repair guy diagnosed, went to Home Depot and is putting the new one in now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

A six day bender comes to an end. I hit every time zone in the continental US, have a pocket full of bar tabs. 

Conference season is brutal, and just getting started. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz