Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Kind of fun news that doesn't mean much. I entered a short story contest recently. They broke the submitted stories into eight groups and stripped any identifying material (the author's name.) Then, posted the stories. Top vote getters move on in March Madness style to the next bracket.

My little story not only won its bracket, but it garnered more votes than any other story in any of the groups. I have no idea how it will do in the "playoffs," but it feels nice.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 8

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Last 3 cods did suck. Actually renewed MW was okay. Cold War and vanguard were ass. 

It's because the algorithm is insanely strict about putting you against people of your skill level.  If you are a B+ player, you ONLY go up against B+ players.

Same for everyone.

This is why they disband lobbies after every match. 

@Momma There Goes That Man thinks that's cool.

Old days COD is over.

They sell people the game for 60 bucks, then rip the noobs for 300 bucks... for skins, and packages of BS.  Because the noobs think they are good.  D- players pay the developer's bills now.

Activision sold out.  That's why they sold to Microsoft.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Sbmm has nothing to do with it.

Cold War hit detection sucked. The gameplay is also the same boring stuff. Same for vanguard. Vanguard is a boring game. The gun play isn’t any fun. It’s like madden reskins every year. The game is stale. 

Wz was cool for a bit but that’s fell off recently too. The new map sucks, the leveling up forces people to buy Cold War or vanguard. The servers suck. Choppy performance across the board. Glitches take way too long to fix. The live events are unimaginative and boring. 

i don’t think sbmm is anywhere as bad as you make it seem. Cod should have a separate rank system tho. 

At least for Warzone, I don’t play mp (lol mp is trash). There are hella bot players too. There aren’t enough players for sbmm, you going to get some bot lobbies eventually but that’s whatever. I don’t think it’s bad. I’m more upset at how boring and repetitive the gameplay is at this point.  Also, if you take a couple of days off. First games back definitely put you in a trash lobby to get easy win and try to trick you into keep playing. 

I’m all about apex now. That game takes way more skill and strategy. And their ranking system is top tier. Getting to a pred in this years rank system is actually a huge accomplishment. 

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Sbmm has nothing to do with it.

You lost me there.

SBMM is awesome.

If there is an option for it.

There is playing on the streetball court, ****ing around.

And then there is the NBA.

Cool.

Now, there is no streetball court.  None.  All the parks are gone.

Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as the life age of the earth. But it was not the end. I felt light in me again.

edit: Not a Gandalf quote. I finally got my hands on some ketamine.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Don't know yet.  A new Battlefield game would be nice.

The latest Battlefield sucks ass, it's horrible.  Not sure if they have fixed it, but I last played it Thanksgiving week last year.  I wouldn't recommend it.  If you want to play a FPS, give Rainbow Six Siege a chance, it's the best one out there imo.  Takes skill, and is round based, so when you die, you are dead until the next round, no respawning.

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The latest Battlefield sucks ass, it's horrible.  Not sure if they have fixed it, but I last played it Thanksgiving week last year.  I wouldn't recommend it.  If you want to play a FPS, give Rainbow Six Siege a chance, it's the best one out there imo.  Takes skill, and is round based, so when you die, you are dead until the next round, no respawning.

So it's only Search and Destroy?  I love Search, but that sounds weird to only have it that style.

Yes, Battlefield somehow ****ed up worse than COD.

And Halo needs to evolve.  It looks OK, but it seems like the same style of gameplay as it was 22 years ago.

Those were good times, but it needs a weapons loadout rehaul.

FPS is the worst it's ever been right now.

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So it's only Search and Destroy?  I love Search, but that sounds weird to only have it that style.

Yes, Battlefield somehow ****ed up worse than COD.

And Halo needs to evolve.  It looks OK, but it seems like the same style of gameplay as it was 22 years ago.

Those were good times, but it needs a weapons loadout rehaul.

FPS is the worst it's ever been right now.

Rainbow Six Siege, all game modes are objective based.  It's 5 vs 5 and they only have three game modes (which works for what they are doing).  They have hostage, bomb and secure area (http://rainbowsixbootcamp.com/basic-training/game-modes/) .  You rotate through offense and defence, and the operators each have one special ability.  You win by either completing the objective or killing all of the other teams players before timer runs out.

IMO, it's been the best FPS for years.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Rainbow Six Siege, all game modes are objective based.  It's 5 vs 5 and they only have three game modes (which works for what they are doing).  They have hostage, bomb and secure area (http://rainbowsixbootcamp.com/basic-training/game-modes/) .  You rotate through offense and defence, and the operators each have one special ability.  You win by either completing the objective or killing all of the other teams players before timer runs out.

IMO, it's been the best FPS for years.  

Interesting.  No TDM.  Wow.

Not hard to be the best FPS in years.  Lol.  Basically have a 4 year window of crap to go against.  I'd go as far to say the golden age died 10 years ago, with a few games since then that were good.

I'll never forget Infinite Warfare.  Game made me feel like I was going to have a seizure.  Tells you how bad Vanguard is, that it is traditional boots on the ground (how can you go wrong)...and is a worse game than Infinite Warfare.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I haven't played that in a few years.  No newer FPS games that are worth it?

1 minute ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I haven't played that in a few years.  No newer FPS games that are worth it?

Halo Infinite is a decent option.  If you are in to Halo.

Again, they need to revamp the loadout system.  Make it like COD.  Where you can aim every gun with the left trigger.  Build your loadout from a variety of guns.  It's the same multiplayer style as Halo 1.  Weapons are extremely basic, and you have to find them on the map.

Sad times.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Rainbow Six Siege.

Man, I hope that game and franchise either wipes out COD and Battlefield, or teaches them a lesson.  I think that new dungeons and dragons ass game is doing so rn.  Forget the name of it, but it will most likely be game of the year.

Wondering if R6S has strict SBMM.  Like, do you get lobbies where it's obvious you have an advantage, or disadvantage...and adjust your loadout to be weaker or stronger?  Like back in the day.

I'd use 5 shot revolvers with no perks when going up against noobs, and 50 round chainsaw guns with the best perks when I was outmatched.

8 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Man, I hope that game and franchise either wipes out COD and Battlefield, or teaches them a lesson.  I think that new dungeons and dragons ass game is doing so rn.  Forget the name of it, but it will most likely be game of the year.

Wondering if R6S has strict SBMM.  Like, do you get lobbies where it's obvious you have an advantage, or disadvantage...and adjust your loadout to be weaker or stronger?  Like back in the day.

I'd use 5 shot revolvers with no perks when going up against noobs, and 50 round chainsaw guns with the best perks when I was outmatched.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't use SBMM.  I get matched up with a wide range of talent, from ****ty ass players to straight up beasts.  I also play with my best friend and his son a lot, so we only have 2 randoms on our squad.  

• Like 1

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

There's a video game thread, nerds.  :rolleyes:

They only talk about the newest ****.  This is a good discussion.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't use SBMM.  I get matched up with a wide range of talent, from ****ty ass players to straight up beasts.  I also play with my best friend and his son a lot, so we only have 2 randoms on our squad.  

That sounds awesome.

• Like 1