Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Chowdah for the win.  With oyster crackers.  They all have their own appeal though.  Be it related to a holiday (matza ball and thanksgiving for me) or a time of year (minestrone in the spring with fresh veggies) or French onion with a special meal, etc. Soup is good stuff. 

Except for that awful watered down and corn syruped up tomato sauce.  🤮

Of those soups I'd go with the clam chowder and tomato soups (gotta have grilled cheese with the tomato soup though).

French onion is just cheese on broth, meh.

Need more on that list like a nice avgrolemono soup, or homemade mushroom (canned mushroom soup is only for cooking), or maybe a creamy potato and leek soup.  Or a good borscht.

That list is lame.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I just got in to Barstool's Dave Portnoy pizza reviews, and now I can't stop watching them.  If you aren't familiar...this guy goes to cities around the US and Canada, rating pizzas from 0 to 10.  He does it in front of the joint, so he's always interacting with people on the street.  Frigging hilarious. 

It's so popular that his reviews strongly hurt/help each business depending on the rating.  He's really strict too.  If he gives a 7.1, that means it's a darn good pizza.

Here's one where he gives a pizza a 0.0 🤣.  You'll see why....

• Haha 1

My restaurant's 40th anniversary is Tuesday, the 24th.  Going back to those prices...Yo, $2 gyros, y'all!  (They're $7.51 after tax now.)  

The only problem is that our truck showed up today, 16 cases of gyro cones short.  (We've already had to borrow a couple from another store this week because our "summer sales" are kicking in (and **** that ice cream machine and banana splits).  :taz:

I swear, if I had a nickel for every time I said "It's better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it"...ESPECIALLY IF THE NAME OF YOUR RESTAURANT INCLUDES SAID INGREDIENT.   The name doesn't have a damn thing to do with friggin' desserts, but that's what I'll be making if I can't shove gyros out. 

Just venting, things were great today even with a short-handed crew.  We whooped ass, and sang our way through it.  :band: 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My restaurant's 40th anniversary is Tuesday, the 24th.  Going back to those prices...Yo, $2 gyros, y'all!  (They're $7.51 after tax now.)  

The only problem is that our truck showed up today, 16 cases of gyro cones short.  (We've already had to borrow a couple from another store this week because our "summer sales" are kicking in (and **** that ice cream machine and banana splits).  :taz:

I swear, if I had a nickel for every time I said "It's better to have it & not need it than need it & not have it"...ESPECIALLY IF THE NAME OF YOUR RESTAURANT INCLUDES SAID INGREDIENT.   The name doesn't have a damn thing to do with friggin' desserts, but that's what I'll be making if I can't shove gyros out. 

Just venting, things were great today even with a short-handed crew.  We whooped ass, and sang our way through it.  :band: 

Owner...

"But having too much inventory breaks my budget.  How will I have 7 nice dinners at my beach house if I overstock this month?"

Black duck tape over what you're out of.  **** that.

9 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Owner...

"But having too much inventory breaks my budget.  How will I have 7 nice dinners at my beach house if I overstock this month?"

Black duck tape over what you're out of.  **** that.

Funny thing is...I tried desperately to train the owner of my current restaurant to wait tables about 20 years ago to no avail...and I'm a very good trainer.  So now, I and the owner of that former restaurant both work for him.  (It's just a little on the weird side, we all kinda giggle about it...but everyone's good.)  I'm glad that a person who can't wait tables but has a ****ton of money knows what I'm worth and I'm getting paid.  He also listens when I suggest stuff, and 2 out of 3 of my issues have been addressed to my satisfaction. The third will take serious construction, but he's told me that is isn't out of the question and he knows how beneficial it would be to both employees and guests.

It's not the owner.  It's the GM who's the dumbass, he places the orders.     

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Funny thing is...I tried desperately to train the owner of my current restaurant to wait tables about 20 years ago to no avail...and I'm a very good trainer.  So now, I and the owner of that former restaurant both work for him.  (It's just a little on the weird side, we all kinda giggle about it...but everyone's good.)  I'm glad that a person who can't wait tables but has a ****ton of money knows what I'm worth and I'm getting paid.  He also listens when I suggest stuff, and 2 out of 3 of my issues have been addressed to my satisfaction. The third will take serious construction, but he's told me that is isn't out of the question and he knows how beneficial it would be to both employees and guests.

It's not the owner.  It's the GM who's the dumbass, he places the orders.     

So you suggest the third thing to the owner, and he says he's working on it...in a sense?  But the GM is stopping it?  Ugh.  This world.

Same story, different person.  Good luck with that.

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So you suggest the third thing to the owner, and he says he's working on it...in a sense?  But the GM is stopping it?  Ugh.  This world.

Same story, different person.  Good luck with that.

No, the construction thing is out of the GM's hands.  Owner handles stuff like that.  We got a bunch of new stuff last night and more is coming. 

Ordering inventory is something the owner doesn't get involved in (we have 8 stores).  Individual management runs each store. 

17 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

No, the construction thing is out of the GM's hands.  Owner handles stuff like that.  We got a bunch of new stuff last night and more is coming. 

Ordering inventory is something the owner doesn't get involved in (we have 8 stores).  Individual management runs each store. 

Construction of the last part of the facility, in my experience, is the most procrastinated thing ever.

Promises, promises.

2 years later....

They act like it's a gift to you.

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Construction of the last part of the facility, in my experience, is the most procrastinated thing ever.

Promises, promises.

2 years later....

They act like it's a gift to you.

It's an awning over my drive-thru (we're the only store that has one, it was a KFC when I moved here 30-something years ago).  He's actually in for it, we all know the same construction folks, so it may not be that difficult.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

It's an awning over my drive-thru (we're the only store that has one, it was a KFC when I moved here 30-something years ago).  He's actually in for it, we all know the same construction folks, so it may not be that difficult.

They're blowing hot air with you while looking at the books.

Sorry.

They may do it!  I hope they do.

Alright, a question in regards to grocery store etiquette for the esteemed members of the Tailgate.  I figure if anyone would know anything about this, it would be you ****ers.

So after paying for and bagging the groceries, I typically put them back in the cart and wheel the cart outside and curb it in front of the store, usually leaning the cart against one of those concrete arches.  Then I take the grocery bags from the cart to the car, leaving the cart for anyone else who might want it or the grocery store worker who's on cart duty.

To the fiance, this makes me, like, worse than Hitler.  It's abhorrent behavior and I am a complete asshole for NOT wheeling the cart into the cart corral in the parking lot.  Leaving it on the curb in front of the store is completely unacceptable.

So what say you?  Where do you leave your grocery cart when you're done at the store?

• Thumb down 1