Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It kills me when my dog just lets out a heavy sigh.  I'm like, oh yeah?  Did you not get enough belly scratches and walks and treats and attention today?  What's your issue?

Wait until your infant does it during a long car ride, it hits different : )

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It kills me when my dog just lets out a heavy sigh.  I'm like, oh yeah?  Did you not get enough belly scratches and walks and treats and attention today?  What's your issue?

They don't have nearly the amount of forms of entertainment and responsibilities humans do.  TV, movies, video games, the internet...or real life tasks to perform.  Most breeds are built for some sort of job.

Boredom is literally a form of torture.

My border collies didn't have to herd sheep their whole lives, so I had to exhaust them via play.  It wasn't always possible...so they'd do weird **** like lick windows and try to herd jumbo jets.

My maltese is on that same level.  We can play for an hour...once we are both tired, I stop and he sleeps.  30 minutes later, he's wondering "what the ****, let's play fetch."

I'm like nah, and he sits there with his eyes wide open, bored.

Tough dog bones help a lot.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

They don't have nearly the amount of forms of entertainment and responsibilities humans do.  TV, movies, video games, the internet...or real life tasks to perform.  Most breeds are built for some sort of job.

Boredom is literally a form of torture.

My border collies didn't have to herd sheep their whole lives, so I had to exhaust them via play.  It wasn't always possible...so they'd do weird **** like lick windows and try to herd jumbo jets.

My maltese is on that same level.  We can play for an hour...once we are both tired, I stop and he sleeps.  30 minutes later, he's wondering "what the ****, let's play fetch."

I'm like nah, and he sits there with his eyes wide open, bored.

Tough dog bones help a lot.

Oh, she's got about 5 tough bones to chew on.  No, she let out her heavy sigh and passed right out on the couch.  Nice afternoon snooze.  And she does that **** where, if you want to move her, she just becomes dead weight and flops around.  

Oh, she's got about 5 tough bones to chew on.  No, she let out her heavy sigh and passed right out on the couch.  Nice afternoon snooze.  And she does that **** where, if you want to move her, she just becomes dead weight and flops around.  

Sounds like she's simply taking the deep breath a lot of us take before passing out.  You have a Golden, no?

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Yep, I feel ya.

I thought there were tornadoes in Oklahoma, but Spiff has a pet tornado.

That's one way of putting it.  I call her a Loony Tune cause...well, she kinda is.  I'm convinced she's made of rubber, she bounces around the house, bounces off things, contorts her body in ways that seem impossible, spins out in dramatic ways on the hardwood floor, hits the brakes and slides down the hallway...it's a whole show.  She's like a real life Wile E. Coyote.  

• Haha 3

That's one way of putting it.  I call her a Loony Tune cause...well, she kinda is.  I'm convinced she's made of rubber, she bounces around the house, bounces off things, contorts her body in ways that seem impossible, spins out in dramatic ways on the hardwood floor, hits the brakes and slides down the hallway...it's a whole show.  She's like a real life Wile E. Coyote.  

The most cartoon-style running dog I've ever had to take care of is a Springer Spaniel.  Pete West is his name.  Taken care of him, I dunno...100 weekends altogether.  Feet going a million miles an hour, but we're walking at my fastest pace while I'm leash walking him to the yard.  Moment I let him off the leash, bro makes fire paths like the Delorean from Back to the Future.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Anyone have a funny quote by a famous person related to health and wellness?

"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not."

-Mark Twain

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got a massage after work, first time in a while.  (there were pet deaths and such with my therapist, who said, "Your neck is a ****in' wreck".)  

Now I'm mush, gonna do the ice, ice baby thing and watch some hoops.  Good thing I had my giddy-up on this morning and scooped the poop and whatnot.  I can't do **** right now.  :stop:

• Like 1