Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

So about two month or so ago, I did a painting from a photo of Irish model/actress Kellie Blaise standing in front of a vintage Thunderbird (I think I posted it in this thread) I sent her a dm on Instagram asking if I could post it, and if so, would she want me to credit her in the post. I didn't hear back, and after a month I gave up and posted it anyway. Well, yesterday she commented on the post saying it was "amazing" and today she put it in her feed and put it in her story with the Beatles song Drive My Car in the background. Today I am officially on cloud 9!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKPbuapMeMs/?igshid=4yhw7aqw9dsa

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1/19/21

Spiff's Dispatch from Domestic Bliss Volume One

Two weeks ago I notified my girlfriend that on Friday, January 15th I was going to hit a workout goal of mine and that to celebrate, I was going to get a pizza for lunch.  A whole pizza, just for me.  And that if she wanted to get a pizza for herself, well, I'd treat her to one, too.

I am a simple man, I just like extra pepperoni on my pizza.  And if I'm feeling adventuresome, add some sausage, too.  I sure as hell stay the **** away from vegetables on pizza.

Upon notifying her of my intentions, she reminded me in a way that only a female can about how I eat too much meat and not enough vegetables and to her credit, she's not wrong.  I laughed and said, "I could go vegetarian for three months straight, no problem," which made her laugh in return.

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.pn

So I informed her that starting the day after my pizza, I would go vegetarian for three months.  And all of a sudden I was taking things too far because we have a lot of meat in the freezer.  But nope, it's spite diet time.

It's been a cakewalk so far, except I can't be more than 50 feet from a toilet due to all the green smoothies I've been drinking.  But I haven't missed meat as much as I thought I would.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's been a cakewalk so far, except I can't be more than 50 feet from a toilet due to all the green smoothies I've been drinking.  But I haven't missed meat as much as I thought I would.  

Been a vegetarian now for quite some time.  The only meat I distinctly remember the taste of is bacon.  Even steak has faded.

A little extra cheese in the diet will slow things down a bit and give you a 75 foot radius.  Also...early on in the process...watch your alcohol intake.  You might not be able to handle as much for a bit.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Just eat some beyond meat when you're craving it and you're all set - it's hard to tell the difference

I've had it before, it's pretty good.  Plan on trying that Impossible Whopper this weekend, I've heard good things.

33 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bacon is overrated.  Sausage is the king.

The bacon memes at the start of the 2010s were stupid. 

Sometimes I prefer sausage over bacon, depends on the mood.  The spicy Jimmy Dean is hard to beat, though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So I informed her that starting the day after my pizza, I would go vegetarian for three months.  And all of a sudden I was taking things too far because we have a lot of meat in the freezer.  But nope, it's spite diet time.

I did sorta this. My friends at my very liberal law school, each of which was some variety of liberal caricature  (vegan or feminist or Antifa or San Franciscan) bet me, the token straight white male American, that I couldn’t go vegan for a month. Not vegetarian, ****ing vegan. So I did it, as you say, out of spite. 

Once I won they bet me double or nothing, so I went another month. 

The key to eating vegan is not to try to be healthy. Vegan and healthy are a different set of rules. 

And if you think the transition TO a plant based diet has you running to the bathroom, wait until you transition BACK.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've had it before, it's pretty good.  Plan on trying that Impossible Whopper this weekend, I've heard good things.

The bacon memes at the start of the 2010s were stupid. 

Sometimes I prefer sausage over bacon, depends on the mood.  The spicy Jimmy Dean is hard to beat, though.

Pepperoni is a sausage.

• Haha 6

I'm addicted to chicken salads right now.  As well as partially scrambled egg whites with 100% whole wheat toast broken up in to pieces and mixed together, with maple syrup all over it.

Maple Syrup is a sugar bomb, but otherwise I feel fresh and energetic as a mf.

One thing I make sure to do is drink a ton of gatorade/powerade mixed with water.  As little of the sports drink as I can stand.  Have to pee all the time, but it quells hunger well and adds to the energy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I did sorta this. My friends at my very liberal law school, each of which was some variety of liberal caricature  (vegan or feminist or Antifa or San Franciscan) bet me, the token straight white male American, that I couldn’t go vegan for a month. Not vegetarian, ****ing vegan. So I did it, as you say, out of spite. 

Once I won they bet me double or nothing, so I went another month. 

The key to eating vegan is not to try to be healthy. Vegan and healthy are a different set of rules. 

And if you think the transition TO a plant based diet has you running to the bathroom, wait until you transition BACK.  Lol. 

I thought about vegan, just seems too inconvenient.  

The transition back...I am now wondering if that road trip to my favorite burger place after three months that I have planned which will, at times throughout the trip, have me far from a bathroom, is worth it.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I thought about vegan, just seems too inconvenient.  

The transition back...I am now wondering if that road trip to my favorite burger place after three months that I have planned which will, at times throughout the trip, have me far from a bathroom, is worth it.  

3600047930.jpg

• Haha 2