Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Going to work so I can save the PTO in case I need it, remote anyway.

Cooking tonight so I don't have to think about it tomorrow.

When I clock out, spend time with the wife like its the last peace on earth and then I'll put the election on around 8.  

She's new to this, so she wants to watch, close enough to DC that if things get stupid, I need to know ASAP.

I'm not taking Wednesday off because of the result, nor getting ****-faced, but I will clock out if the reaction gets too close to home.  

Either I'm going to be able to be able to tell myself "I told you so" or I need to be coherent enough to act on plans.

What I do not want to see is a bunch of College Basketball "We Won" riots, I will hate people regardless of how happy they are, countries are putting travel warnings on us for a reason, we're f'n crazy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I had one of those experiences at a place called Spelunker's in Front Royal, VA.  As far as drive thru's go, it's my favorite burger, but they also have something called the Helltown Chicken Sandwich and my curiosity got the best of me.  I didn't know this until later, but it's got Carolina Reaper, Ghost Pepper and Trinidad Scorpion Pepper in their sauce.  It ****ing sucked, my esophagus felt like it was on fire, my eyes were watering so bad it was hard to see.  Water didn't help (it usually doesn't, I should have stopped at a gas station to get milk) and I was absolutely miserable.

I haven't found milk to be very helpful.  Ice cream is great, though.

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I wasn't expecting that but even knowing what I know now, I'm not sure if I'd get it again.  Gone are the days where I'd want the hottest thing on the menu, I just can't handle it any more.  I just want good flavor and not to be paying for it later.

Yeah,  I've been at that point for a couple years now.

• Like 1

Bread works for cooling **** down, too. 

I can keep everything easy tomorrow, got a couple things to get at Dollar General, run an errand or two.  I actually think cooking might help distract me, and I might even get out & rake the yard to take up some of the afternoon.  Haven't decided on drinking yet.  I'd like to think I can go without it, but being prepared would be better than not.  🍸

• Like 1

I never understood Twizzlers. They've always seemed like biting into flavored wax. 

I'm taking it easy today. Right now I'm sitting out back where it is quiet and enjoying my two boys. An Aussie and a Border Collie/Aussie Mix. Theyre hunting squirrels currently. Theyre favorite. I'm currently renting so the yard is just slightly too small for them to catch one. 

Plan on eating a pizza tonight which will be the first time since September. I was eating them too much and had to go on a hiatus. Surprised I made it. Currently on alcohol hiatus till Thanksgiving. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I never understood Twizzlers. They've always seemed like biting into flavored wax. 

I'm taking it easy today. Right now I'm sitting out back where it is quiet and enjoying my two boys. An Aussie and a Border Collie/Aussie Mix. Theyre hunting squirrels currently. Theyre favorite. I'm currently renting so the yard is just slightly too small for them to catch one.

Twizzlers are fat-free.  And the strawberry and cherry bites are awesome, especially when you've been trying to quit smoking for 20 years.  (They don't really help with that, but whatever.)

Enjoy your pups...pics in the "pet thread" do us all some good, btw, please and thanks. :)

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Twizzlers are fat-free.  And the strawberry and cherry bites are awesome, especially when you've been trying to quit smoking for 20 years.  (They don't really help with that, but whatever.)

Enjoy your pups...pics in the "pet thread" do us all some good, btw, please and thanks. :)

Done. Check them out, I love them.

• Thanks 1