Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I have 4 days planned in Vegas for the draft. I seriously doubt they keep it as is. I’m pretty bummed. I planned it almost a year in advance. Got reservations at my favorite restaurants and a table at Omnia with Steve Aoki spinning night 1 of the draft.  I hope somehow it gets better and doesn’t cancel.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

I have 4 days planned in Vegas for the draft. I seriously doubt they keep it as is. I’m pretty bummed. I planned it almost a year in advance. Got reservations at my favorite restaurants and a table at Omnia with Steve Aoki spinning night 1 of the draft.  I hope somehow it gets better and doesn’t cancel.

sounds awesome. Just dont get near the Seahawk fans....Sorry guys that get drafted by the seahawks, Youre probably going to die

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Nothing in Vegas yet. Keeps your fingers crossed. :)

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ballin’ so hard.

I know it is old news but I agree with the FDA here....the FDA thinks a drug to treat the infection will come before the vaccine. That makes sense to me. Kill the virus and stop the spread. Vaccines for healthy people are not important and obviously will take longer anyways... months away. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

I know it is old news but I agree with the FDA here....the FDA thinks a drug to treat the infection will come before the vaccine. That makes sense to me. Kill the virus and stop the spread. Vaccines for healthy people are not important and obviously will take longer anyways... months away. 

Hopefully some clinical trial results come through next week. 

China has been using remdesivir along with a bunch of other experimental drugs for weeks now and new cases are slowing down dramatically there. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How many of yall think you have a cold or something right now? I do

Purely speculation here:

Late January 2 of our kids had a high fever (101-102) for 4 days and a cough. Doctors said neither had strep or the flu (tested negative) but a lower respiratory rattling going on. They were both put on amoxicillin just in case it was pneumonia developing.

Now I am thinking they both had the coronavirus and this has been floating around for a couple months longer then first thought.

35 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I was developing a minor cough last week, but that seems to have calmed down. I'm not paranoid about these kind of things, but I'd be lying if I said that the coronavirus wasn't starting to concern me. 

I'm a 40-year smoker in the food biz with absolutely nothing. 

Wash your hands even when you don't need to, keep your hands away from your head unless you just washed your hands, then wash em again. 

Gloves are more useful than masks. Replace them often, and wash your hands. 

• Like 1

I have been secretly tripping out since my throat got a bit sore last week. I haven't had really felt that bad. No fever really. So I have been able to contain myself. But im about a serious cough from writing my will on the inside. 

The only good news is that if I do have it, im taking Conservative work roomie to light-beer hell with me. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daveakl said:

Purely speculation here:

Late January 2 of our kids had a high fever (101-102) for 4 days and a cough. Doctors said neither had strep or the flu (tested negative) but a lower respiratory rattling going on. They were both put on amoxicillin just in case it was pneumonia developing.

Now I am thinking they both had the coronavirus and this has been floating around for a couple months longer then first thought.

Almost certainly not... if it had been spreading in your area that long, severe cases would have popped up by now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Almost certainly not... if it had been spreading in your area that long, severe cases would have popped up by now. 

Who is to say they haven't? The narrow directive on who to test just opened up in the past 2-3 days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ugh hope you have better luck than we did. Supposed to see Dillon Francis and his grand mom died so he cancelled. Was still fun but not what it was supposed to be 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Daughter just came down with strep. 

given our ties to the medical community it was impossible to not wonder... which, when dealing with a 1 year old, is all sorts of anxiety inducing...

sort of weird to come away from the doctors office with “yay my daughter just has strep”

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

given our ties to the medical community it was impossible to not wonder... which, when dealing with a 1 year old, is all sorts of anxiety inducing...

I bet. Im so worried about having kids because of **** like this. I know its irrational. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

sort of weird to come away from the doctors office with “yay my daughter just has strep”

No lie when I woke up and my throat was sore I hoped to God it was strep. I get strep almost every year and not once in my life have I ever wanted it.