Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

JUST IN: Cruise ship with 2,500 onboard — some of whom have been exposed to the coronavirus and are experiencing flu-like symptoms — is being held off of California coast for testing.

Testing or Navy target practice?

• Haha 2

NH’s 1st Coronavirus Patient, Told to Stay Isolated, Went to Event Instead

New Hampshire's first coronavirus patient, a hospital employee, went to an event tied to Dartmouth business school on Friday despite being told to stay isolated, officials say, and all others who went to the event are now being told to stay isolated.

The announcement on Tuesday came as state health officials said a second person in the state is presumed to have the new coronavirus, COVID-19. That person was in close contact with the first patient, and the officials expect more coronavirus cases may be found as they investigate.

The second, presumed patient is a man, according to the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, which didn't provide additional details or say exactly where he came into contact with the first patient.

The first patient is an employee at Dartmouth-Hitch**** Medical Center, the hospital has announced. It is not aware of any patients being exposed in clinical areas and has identified any staff who might have been exposed.

State health officials said that the first coronavirus patient "attended an invitation-only private event on Friday" despite being told to stay isolated. That person has now been ordered to remain isolated and all others who came into "close contact" with them at the event were asked to stay isolated for 14 days.

Click on the link for the full article

6 hours ago, visionary said:

From that:

It is a different narrative—and a different literary model—that helps to explain why I am writing these paragraphs not in Rome but on a plane back to the United States. Living on the top of a high hill, in a neighborhood not frequented by tourists, at first I had not noticed anything strange, but then I walked through the historic center, and it hit me: in the past few weeks, as the virus spread, the city emptied out. The crowds lining up to enter the Colosseum or visit the Forum have thinned; the mobs throwing coins in the Trevi Fountain or climbing the Spanish Steps have all but vanished; restaurants and bars usually overflowing with patrons are almost vacant. It is customary, of course, to lament the phenomenon of mass tourism in Italy; even the tourists themselves grumble and dream (as I do) of how nice it would be to visit the Sistine Chapel in solitary splendor. But the actual effect of the emptying out, at least for the current reason, is terrifying. Three nights ago, going to a friend’s house for dinner at 8 p.m., we walked through the Piazza Navona, the most beautiful square in the world, and were completely alone.

And now we get to see this same effect in NYC:

Coronavirus in NYC: Two more cases confirmed in city, bringing total to 4

Two more people have been confirmed to have the coronavirus in New York City, Mayor de Blasio said Thursday – bringing the total number in the Big Apple to four.

The patients are a man in his 40s and a woman in her 80s, a source told The Post.

Edited by China

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Telling sick people to go to work is horrible advice even if there was no coronavirus.  

He didn't technically tell anyone anything about going to work. He just inferred that people with the flu and coronavirus do go to work and deal with symptoms as if it was normal behavior.

He is stupid for saying what he said as the leader of the country, which is par for the course with Trump.

Oh and I am back after my one day ban (which i still don't get the rule, but hey).

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Take one for the team

This is me possibly overthinking it, but the top 3 in power succession die from this virus, it means no one in power in that age group would be safe from this. This includes our presidential candidates this year. Nothing that's happening on this issue is occurring in a vaccuum.

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is me possibly overthinking it, but the top 3 in power succession die from this virus, it means no one in power in that age group would be safe from this. This includes our presidential candidates this year. Nothing that's happening on this issue is occurring in a vaccuum.

You're no fun

• Haha 1

Coronavirus: ‘recovered’ patient dies as China reports discharged cases falling ill again

A 36-year-old man has died of respiratory failure in Wuhan, five days after being discharged from one of the makeshift hospitals built to contain the outbreak, according to a report by Shanghai-based news portal The Paper.

The report, which was later removed, said Li Liang had been admitted to the hospital – built to treat patients with mild and moderate symptoms – on February 12, according to his wife, surnamed Mei. He was discharged two weeks later with instructions to stay in a quarantine hotel for 14 days.

Mei said her husband was not feeling well two days after leaving the hospital, with dry mouth and gaseous stomach. On March 2, Li said he felt sick and was sent to a hospital, where he was certified dead that afternoon.

Well, being dead might explain why he didn't feel well.  Is this generating zombies now?