Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think that if you have to implore people to do something as basic as washing their hands, then we're already doomed. 

Peasants

25 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The economics look really, really bad to me. I'm worried dark times may be ahead.

only reason they look bad is because people are trying to avoid catching the flu... lets get it over with and move on. Delaying the inevitable is what’s going to sink the economy, not a run of the mill virus...

I don’t go on cruises because i don’t like being cooped up on a ship, but if i did i’d book three. You’re bound to get comped on one of them.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbaltv.com/amp/article/three-confirmed-cases-of-coronavirus-maryland/31206429

Guess this is sort of flying over everyone's head right now.  Word is the people are residents of Montgomery County.

Just got this in my email....

"Dear MCPS Community,

Tonight, we learned that the first 3 cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) that were identified in the state of Maryland are from Montgomery County. The patients are identified as a married couple in their 70s and an individual in their 50s. They contracted the virus while traveling overseas. State officials have shared that they do not believe these individuals have had contact with MCPS students. As you know, we have been preparing for this situation through our interagency coordination with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services and Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security. At this time, we are following guidance from the Department of Health and Human Services and our schools will remain open.  As we move forward, we are preparing for the possibility of school closures in the future should this become necessary.  We encourage all MCPS families to remain vigilant through this situation and consult your health provider if you are experiencing symptoms that you may believe are related to the coronavirus.

We will continue to provide updates as this situation develops. Visit the coronavirus webpage to stay up-to-date on the latest information."

Sincerely,

Montgomery County Public Schools  

I appreciate the fact that public officials want to protect the 3 sick people from the mob, but I'd certainly like to know who they are if I lived in Montgomery County.  If anything it might help with the whole "can you recall who you had contact with since 2/20" question being asked of the patients. It's impossible for 3 people to recall every person they had contact with. But I'd sure remember if I had contact with someone in the past 2 weeks if I had a name.

@visionary if corona virus didn’t kill the patient, sleeping would have...

The paper described an autopsy conducted on an 85-year-old man.” ... “The paper did not say that all coronavirus patients will suffer permanent fibrosis.” “it is too early to label these lung changes as irreversible fibrosis”

The article seems to say the opposite of its headline?

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

13 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

I appreciate the fact that public officials want to protect the 3 sick people from the mob, but I'd certainly like to know who they are if I lived in Montgomery County.  If anything it might help with the whole "can you recall who you had contact with since 2/20" question being asked of the patients. It's impossible for 3 people to recall every person they had contact with. But I'd sure remember if I had contact with someone in the past 2 weeks if I had a name.

I live in Montgomery County, and I was scheduled to go to an appt (non threatening variety) at Shady Grove hospital in the morning.

Strongly thinking about a cancellation. A hospital (especially one like Shady Grove) is the last place anyone not near death should want to be.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I live in Montgomery County, and I was scheduled to go to an appt (non threatening variety) at Shady Grove hospital in the morning.

Strongly thinking about a cancellation 

Moco here too, please don't go. I'm not trusting much these days TBH.