Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What are the new cases today? I know there were 2 in Virginia.. I tough there was supposed to be 800,000 tests available... I thought we would be seeing a lot more cases just due to testing....

Maybe the reason UK is exempt is not that Europe brings its disease to us, but that we and the UK have decided to adopt the heard approach, and done so we don’t infect the other countries?

No. Trump has properties in the U.K.

I’m introverted so I don’t really do much aside from work and the gym anyway. And I love tv, movies and video games so I should be ok. 

but my work isn’t going to call it. I know that now. Production oreientee company with numbers and deadlines to meet especially since we send out personal property and real estate bills as well as SNAP and welfare apps for basically the entire state 

• Sad 1

CBS closes NYC offices after two employees positive for coronavirus

Broadcasting giant CBS ordered its staff in two Manhattan offices to work from home after two employees tested positive for coronavirus Wednesday, the network announced.

The network will be closing its main East Coast production hub — the CBS Broadcast Center, at 524 West 57th Street, and its nearby property at 555 West 57th Street — for disinfecting following the positive COVID-19 results.

All employees forced to work remotely for the next two days, according to a memo sent by CBS News President Suzan Zirinsky.

The Tiffany Network headquarters its sprawling news division in the facility, which is also home to the “CBS This Morning” program. WCBS-TV, Channel 2, also calls 524 W. 57th Street home.

Click on the link for the full article

39 minutes ago, China said:

So who will be the first on this board to be confirmed positive with the coronavirus?

I'm more concerned with who stops posting if we are going to have that conversation. Let's hold off long as we can in that one, please?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Twa.... 

well I do have a fever and a cough, but that is normal and wet 🤧
I really shoulda quit painting after isocyanate poisoning, but with the silicosis and asbestos issues already it doesn't matter much.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm more concerned with who stops posting if we are going to have that conversation. Let's hold off long as we can in that one, please?

1-3 Weeks = Probably busy

4-6 Weeks = Probably got banned

6-8 Weeks = Probably found something better to do with their lives

8 Weeks + = Died of coronavirus

Seems reasonable 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Coronavirus Can Live in Patients for Five Weeks After Contagion

Patients with the new coronavirus keep the pathogen in their respiratory tract for as long as 37 days, a new study found, suggesting they could remain infectious for many weeks.

In yet another sign of how difficult the pandemic may be to contain, doctors in China detected the virus’s RNA in respiratory samples from survivors for a median of 20 days after they became infected, they wrote in an article published in the Lancet medical journal.

Currently, the recommended isolation period after exposure is 14 days to avoid spreading the virus. But if people remain contagious long after their symptoms have vanished, they may unwittingly propagate the pathogen after they return from quarantine.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thanks 1

The world is holding its breath and taking a month a month long pause due to Coronavirus. This is good... and the sports leagues leading the way is... interesting. 

I doubt Ohio has 100,000 cases of Coronavirus right now.  In Southern California.  LA County has 20.  Orange county has 6.   I am waiting and watching for the doubling and multiplying of those cases... but for the moment we are all paused. 

Our elderly neighbors went on a mediterannesn  cruise maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago?  Very curious where they are now...

Coronavirus burial pits so vast they’re visible from space

Two days after Iran declared its first cases of the novel coronavirus — in what would become one of the largest outbreaks of the illness outside of China — evidence of unusual activity appeared at a cemetery near where the infections emerged.

At the Behesht-e Masoumeh complex in Qom, about 80 miles south of Tehran, the excavation of a new section of the graveyard began as early as Feb. 21, satellite images show, and then rapidly expanded as the virus spread. By the end of the month, two large trenches — their lengths totaling 100 yards — were visible at the site from space.

According to expert analysis, video testimony and official statements, the graves were dug to accommodate the rising number of virus victims in Qom.

Iran, a nation of about 80 million people, has suffered a particularly deadly surge of coronavirus infections, including among its top leadership. Iran’s Health Ministry says that 429 people have died of the virus, which causes the disease known as covid-19, and more than 10,000 have fallen ill. Among the dead are members of parliament, a former diplomat and even a senior adviser to the Supreme Leader. At least two dozen other officials, including a vice president, have been infected.

In Qom, the spiritual center of Iran’s ruling Shiite clerics, more than 846 people have contracted the virus, officials say. Iran’s government has not released an official death toll for Qom, however, where about 1.2 million people live. But videos, satellite images and other open-source data from the cemetery — a vast complex six miles north of the city center — suggest that the number of people struck down by the virus there is significantly higher than the official figure.

A senior imagery analyst at Maxar Technologies in Colorado said the size of the trenches and the speed with which they were excavated together mark a clear departure from past burial practices involving individual and family plots at the site. In addition to satellite imagery, videos posted on social media from the cemetery show the extended rows of graves at Behesht-e Masoumeh and say they are meant for coronavirus victims.

The imagery analyst, who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of his work, also pointed to an image showing what appears to be a large white pile of lime, which can be used to manage decay and odor in mass graves. Iranian health officials have in recent weeks confirmed the use of lime when burying coronavirus victims.

Click on the link for the full article and satellite imagery

• Sad 1