Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I have a concern about the testing.  From @TryTheBeal!'s experience, they have patients self collect the sample, which seems problematic to this lay person (but I guess that's okay?).  Also, he has to wait 8-10 days for the results (wtf?).  How many people are foregoing getting a test unless their symptoms are pretty bad given that it will be more than a week until the result comes back?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I have a concern about the testing.  From @TryTheBeal!'s experience, they have patients self collect the sample, which seems problematic to this lay person (but I guess that's okay?).  Also, he has to wait 8-10 days for the results (wtf?).  How many people are foregoing getting a test unless their symptoms are pretty bad given that it will be more than a week until the result comes back?

They hand you a simple kit via the drive-thru window and talk you through it right there in the car.  I could see this being difficult if you were trying to, say...test your 8 year old triplets, but for an adult it’s easy.

The 6-10 day deal feels like a CYA.  The young lady who assisted me slipped an “urgent” card in my bag because she had a surplus of them and told me to expect my results much sooner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The young lady who assisted me slipped an “urgent” card in my bag because she had a surplus of them and told me to expect my results much sooner.

I was gonna say something snarky, like she wants you sooner rather than later, but I really just hope you're ok. 🤞

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was gonna say something snarky, like she wants you sooner rather than later, but I really just hope you're ok. 🤞

It’s not unusual for me to make a good first impression.

And thanks!

I did my first real “movement” since Tuesday this morning and got in a 2 mile walk, so I’m feeling pretty stoked about that!

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s not unusual for me to make a good first impression.

And thanks!

I did my first real “movement” since Tuesday this morning and got in a 2 mile walk, so I’m feeling pretty stoked about that!

And that makes me feel better. 🤣

3 hours ago, bearrock said:

I also have a concern about testing. My wife was feeling under the weather a week or so ago (persistent cough, lack of energy, stomach issues). She called the primary care doctor, they told her to go to CVS. She checked with CVS and there were none that could test her the same day except in Maryland. So she just didn’t get tested and was feeling better a day to two later.

Its a shame that Donald Trump is our president. A better leader could have formulated a better way to get tested, and expedite the test results. The fact that 4 months later and it’s still a pain in the ass to get tested is inexcusable.

I place the blame on the lack of testing squarely on the shoulders of our president.

• Thanks 7

Not sure where everyone is at, but in MD I got my test at an Adventist Health walk in clinic.  They are all over around Montgomery and PG county.  I went in for something else and they asked if I wanted the covid test and I just did it since I was there and wasn't sure what was wrong.  I had my results 3 days later.  My coworker just got the test a couple days ago as well and said it couldn't have been easier.

• Like 1

Now that sports are "back" seeing tv commercials more regularly again.

Am I the only one that wishes there were more people wearing masks in commercials?

Please stop helping us through these "trying times" while your paid actors are still acting like it's pre-March 2020.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Now that sports are "back" seeing tv commercials more regularly again.

Am I the only one that wishes there were more people wearing masks in commercials?

Please stop helping us through these "trying times" while your paid actors are still acting like it's pre-March 2020.

There are a lot of commercials with people wearing masks.  I see with more than not, unless it's an older commercial.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

There are a lot of commercials with people wearing masks.  I see with more than not, unless it's an older commercial.

Ya, I can't tell how many of these are replays, but just saw a home depot commercial with everyone outside building a house together with no masks.  A company that requires masks before allowing anyone into their stores now. 

It doesn't make sense from a consistency standpoint, and we really need that right now.

A lot of the protest commercials are doing it, but I sense a lot of private sector is caught on how to make new ads right now, that's why we still see any old ones.

35 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I mean, if it convinces the dingdong in chief to continue wearing a mask, thereby encouraging his supporters to do so, I'm not going to complain.

I guess, I'm more annoyed that the surgeon general (in uniform) is talking like a campaign official.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I mean, if it convinces the dingdong in chief to continue wearing a mask, thereby encouraging his supporters to do so, I'm not going to complain.

I agree, but its also discouraging that we are now at the point where we have to say "you look badass" to convince someone to wear a mask.  Nothing about the health benefits......just "you look badass...."

God, this country is so juvenile. Its getting increasingly difficult to care.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but saw this one on Twitter from Las Vegas:

A grown ass adult is comparing kids being home from school to solitary confinement. And the guy probably usually complains that the schools that are so vital to open are teaching our children to be godless commies. God, we are dumb.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 2

1. How long until Dumbo decides to copy Australia and send federal troops out in the streets of "blue" cities to stop the spread of covid?

2. At this point, I can't argue anymore, I don't have it in me . If you want to send your kid to school, knowing all of the possibilities of what could happen during a pandemic, then I can't feel sorry for you if your child gets sick and dies. All I can hope for is that your child had a painless death with no suffering and you have to live the rest of your life knowing that you failed as a parent. I'll give you my initial sympathies, but you will not be labeled a victim by me. Granted, I won't rub it in, but you should know your stupidity killed your child.