Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Why are Republicans working so hard to spread this infection?

1- They downplay the disease.

2- they oppose a shut down.

3- they rush to reopen.

4- after reopen they oppose masks.
5- promote crazy doctors offering false cures and ridiculous bull****.  

At every step they’ve chosen to lead America toward more infections and higher deaths.  Now we learn elected republican leaders are essentially forcing their staff members to behave as if there is no pandemic.  Why do this?  

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

3- they rush to reopen.

At every step they’ve chosen to lead America toward more infections and higher deaths.  Now we learn elected republican leaders are essentially forcing their staff members to behave as if there is no pandemic.  Why do this?  

I don't know, but we can only hope they learn their lesson the hard way, without too much collateral damage.

8 minutes ago, China said:

We're doomed:

Research reveals how Americans really feel about wearing face masks

More than half of American citizens would refuse to wear a face mask in a bar or restaurant – regardless of government advice.

And four in 10 wouldn’t consider donning a face covering when shopping, despite being surrounded by other people.

A study of 2,000 adults found one third feel self-conscious at the thought of wearing a mask when leaving the house.

And while 56 percent are prepared to don a face covering when going on public transport, 69 percent have no intention of wearing one when walking, and six in 10 won’t consider it for meeting family or friends.

One in 10 Americans go so far as to say they will refuse to wear a face mask anywhere in public – even if it became a law introduced in the fight against the Coronavirus pandemic.

Click on the link for the full article

From more than half, to one in ten, when the wording goes from advice to law.  This is why government needs to mandate masks and not just rely on individuals to do the right thing during a pandemic.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

3- they rush to reopen.

Because they want us dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Destino said:

3- they rush to reopen.

Because they only care about corporate bottom lines - people be damned. We are just here for their amusement and to make them money. Kill a few staffers? Oh well, get a few more! They should be glad to have a job! 

It's that whole conservative mindset of what is perceived as weak. "It's just a ****ing cold. People die from colds all the time. Get the **** over it and get your lazy asses to work while you still have jobs!"    You know the knuckle dragging neanderthal mind set.  

• Like 2

The only possible two explanations for the behavior of Gohmert (and the rest of the republicans) is pathetic stupidity or abject evil.  Both is certainly possible (likely).  But it can't be neither.  Their behavior is absolutely inexplicable and unforgivable.  

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, China said:

I don't know, but we can only hope they learn their lesson the hard way, without too much collateral damage.

Worry about you and yours. Wear a mask. Social distance as much as possible. Remote work if possible. Go to the grocery story during off hours.

Basically..... be smart.

Can't worry about the people who are refusing to protect themselves more than you. We're beyond hand holding.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

...hopefully louis will be quickly hooked up to continuous iv's of hydroxychloroquine, windex, and drano for a gop/trump-sanctioned covid cleansing 

Dude, are you trying to kill the guy? We must also shine a light in his rectum to insure he recovers 100%. I think the only question now is if this should be the normal bottoms up approach or top down?

59 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Dude, are you trying to kill the guy? We must also shine a light in his rectum to insure he recovers 100%. I think the only question now is if this should be the normal bottoms up approach or top down?

Inside out.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I can see 2 possible motives.  

1)  Their mission is to force people back to work.  If they die, they die.  

2)  They'd rather be wrong forever than admit they were wrong.  

• Like 4

I also think that if the pandemic continues to rage or get worse, they will pull some martial law action and use it to cancel the election as a backup to the backup to the backup plan. 

They are so evil that they have made me wish that they all get the virus and I dont like having that type of hate thought in my brain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destino said:

Why do this?  

Because a pandemic that we can't control killing hundreds of thousands of Americans isn't a popular topic. (on the right) 

The following however are popular topics:

Coronavirus = Fake

Masks = Dumb

Doctors/Scientists = Liars

If you're a Republican and you want votes then you're saying something like the above.

• Like 1

Trump wants desperately to be proven right. Right about COVID, right about his actions, right about Hydroxychloraquine, right about not making masks mandatory, right about a vaccine being available any day now, right about the media peddling fear, right about the economy not needing to be shut down for more than a week or so...that's why he tweeted the video by that bat****-crazy "doctor" saying masks aren't needed and HCQ cures COVID. "See? Here's a doctor--she's even wearing a white coat, and has like 8 other doctors behind her--telling you what I've been telling you all along! Told you I was right!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hosts Admit House Party Was ‘Irresponsible,' Deny It Was ‘COVID Party'

Police are investigating after an alleged underage drinking party was held over the weekend in a central Massachusetts town, potentially exposing dozens of young people to the coronavirus.

Police say the party, with at least 30 people between the ages of 16 and 23 in attendance, was held on the night of July 24 in Spencer, a town of just over 11,000 people in Worcester County. The party included people from across Massachusetts and as far away as New Hampshire, police said.

Party host Noel Casiano and his friends say they now realize they made a mistake hosting the party, but they strongly refute claims by police that they may have tried to purposely expose themselves to the virus.

Casiano admits no one at the party was wearing masks or following social distancing guidelines.

"There was an acquaintance who came to the party and had said, 'Oh, I have strep,' and then later on they admitted that they did have COVID, that they tested positive," Casiano said. "So that's when we all were like, 'OK, we've got to go to the doctors.'"

"It was upsetting to like, come to realize that we still can't be doing this because it's been so long and we're just so excited to like – summer's literally like almost over and it's sucky," Casiano said.

7 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i too  just heard that louis gomer---the evil hobbit---has tested positive...i was just reflecting on gomer specifically this a.m. after watching him during barr's 'testimony"...hopefully louis will be quickly hooked up to continuous iv's of hydroxychloroquine, windex, and drano for a gop/trump-sanctioned covid cleansing 

I said to myself, "Not drunk Uncle Louie!" 

I just,...okay, I never even began to think that, much less care. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, China said:

Hosts Admit House Party Was ‘Irresponsible,' Deny It Was ‘COVID Party'

"It was upsetting to like, come to realize that we still can't be doing this because it's been so long and we're just so excited to like – summer's literally like almost over and it's sucky," Casiano said.

eWxtRyh8raUbiUS9y6n5o1q_f3ThHOVupPcbda2v

• Haha 2

'One big wave' – why the Covid-19 second wave may not exist

The Covid-19 pandemic is currently unfolding in “one big wave” with no evidence that it follows seasonal variations common to influenza and other coronaviruses, such as the common cold, the World Health Organization has warned.

Amid continued debates over what constitutes a second wave, a resurgence or seasonal return of the disease, Margaret Harris, a WHO spokesperson, insisted that these discussions are not a helpful way to understand the spread of the disease.

“People are still thinking about seasons. What we all need to get our heads around is this is a new virus and this one is behaving differently,” Harris told a virtual briefing in Geneva, urging vigilance in applying measures to slow transmission that appears to be accelerated by mass gatherings.

She also warned against thinking in terms of virus waves, saying: “It’s going to be one big wave. It’s going to go up and down a bit. The best thing is to flatten it and turn it into just something lapping at your feet.”

“‘Second wave’ isn’t a term that we would use [in epidemiology] at the current time, as the virus hasn’t gone away, it’s in our population, it has spread to 188 countries so far, and what we are seeing now is essentially localised spikes or a localised return of a large number of cases,” said Linda Bauld, professor of public health at the University of Edinburgh.

Complicating the issue is perspective. Seen from a global viewpoint – such as that of the WHO – the pandemic appears as a single, large and still-accelerating outbreak, with worldwide numbers doubling in the past six weeks.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Worry about you and yours. Wear a mask. Social distance as much as possible. Remote work if possible. Go to the grocery story during off hours.

Basically..... be smart.

Can't worry about the people who are refusing to protect themselves more than you. We're beyond hand holding.

A simple mask does not protect you though. It stops you from infecting others so.