Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Arizona Hospitals Told To Activate ‘Emergency Plans’ Amid Coronavirus Spike

Since Arizona lifted its stay-at-home order on May 15, coronavirus cases have increased 115%, reaching record highs and leading officials to call on hospitals to “fully activate” their emergency plans as intensive care units reach capacity.

Ventilated Covid-19 patients in Arizona have increased by 400% since reopening, according to Banner Health, Arizona’s largest medical network, who warned its ICU facilities are approaching capacity. 

76% of the state’s ICU beds were occupied as of Monday, according to CNN.

The state health director instructed hospitals on June 6 to “fully activate” their emergency plans, meaning they should increase ICU capacity by 50%, suspend elective surgeries and staff medical volunteers, among other things.

A former state health chief warned the state may need to implement new social distancing measures or build field hospitals, according to Reuters. 

“Alarming” is how Dr. William Hanage, an epidemiology professor at Harvard University's T.H. Chan School of Public Health, characterized Arizona’s situation to AZ Central. “The only sort of crumb of comfort that I can find is that I think, in general, it's sort of easier to social distance in Arizona than it is in some places."

28,396. That’s the number of Arizona Covid-19 cases, 1,074 of which have been fatal, per New York Times data.

Click on the link for the full article

I guess the pandemic is over.... :blink:  :kickcan:

Coronavirus task force fades from view as Trump White House moves on

"The relaxed public posture the president and vice president are now adopting as they shift their focus back to the campaign trail fits into the administration’s broader shift away from focusing on the public health elements of the crisis brought on by the virus.

The task force Trump set up to deal with COVID-19, led by Pence, has assumed a diminished role."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/coronavirus-task-force-fades-from-view-as-trump-white-house-moves-on/ar-BB15m9ff?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump has done what exactly what he wanted to do and the media is eating it up.  They are not talking about coronavirus anymore.  CNN is one of those responsible.  Where is the number of cases, number of dead? The media just jumped to the racism issue.  

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Trump has done what exactly what he wanted to do and the media is eating it up.  They are not talking about coronavirus anymore.  CNN is one of those responsible.  Where is the number of cases, number of dead? The media just jumped to the racism issue.  

Be patient, just had largest civil rights protest in human history, kinda a big deal.  

Rona will take back over the conversation once it settles in how many parents don't want to send their kids back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Be patient, just had largest civil rights protest in human history, kinda a big deal.  

Rona will take back over the conversation once it settles in how many parents don't want to send their kids back people see how may people continue to die.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We in "x # of deaths is a statistic" until the next milestone or school starts.

Is a million enough? We ran over 100k like a speed bump and went right into race war. 

I think when then second wave comes and deaths spike again, attention will come, perhaps moreso if somebody famous dies from COVID-19.  That may happen sooner than back to school time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Be vigilant. We are on our own, until a vaccine comes

Agreed. I think you will start to see some preliminary results from the vaccine trials in the next six weeks. Hoping for some promising news.

I think there’s a good chance that the NBA restart, college football, and school/college reopen will be a disaster. What a mess.

4 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The fastest a vaccine has ever been developed was four years. It’s not impossible that we’ll have one in 6-12 months but I’d say that while we can hope for the best, we should prepare as though history is not on our side.

Also there will be a ton of people who won’t take it, thinking it’s been rushed. I’m not talking about the anti-Vaxers. 

5 hours ago, Hooper said:

Also there will be a ton of people who won’t take it, thinking it’s been rushed. I’m not talking about the anti-Vaxers. 

My mom is the retired RN, even she says it's being rushed & probably wouldn't trust it on the first go-round. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hooper said:

50 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My mom is the retired RN, even she says it's being rushed & probably wouldn't trust it on the first go-round. 

I’m in the group of people who are leery to trust a rushed vaccine, but am in no way anti-vac about it. in fact if we had a different administration I’d probably be less leery but I just... have lost trust in institutions and don’t know what is and isn’t affected by the nonsense. 

that said... the truth is it’ll likely be prioritized in such a way that normal healthy adults won’t even get it for a while. Elderly, health care workers and emergency/military, and children or otherwise high risk people will probably get it. The rest of us will have to wait. so by that time I’ll probably come off my leery perch. 

of course they’ve been working on ramping up production of all the candidates so they can be on top of whatever gets approved so maybe it won’t quite work out the way I outlined. 

I'm not sure I want to post this here considering the mood is getting worse.

I went and got antibody test yesterday as part of another health issue I was going through, hoping to kill two birds with one stone. 

I could hear them in the next room the lady who drew my blood trying to confirm not to throw my blood away because I didn't check enough boxes for getting the test.  They eventually did send the results, but couldn't promise my insurance would cover it despite me checking at least two of their boxes.

They would not give me the "do I have it test" because those folks were already gone for the day, and wouldn't schedule me to come to come in, I had to wait until someone called me. I'm on lunch and no one has called me yet.

This is an urgent care clinic down street from my house in Alexandria. It was there second day doing antibody test and lady who took my blood said with straight face she didn't know if it was an FDA approved one, trying best to hid her own frustration.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

The bulk of us media is leftist. They have been championing protesting. This does not fit their previous narrative of stay at home forever and wear a mask while you sleep or you will be the cause of a butterfly effect that wipes out humanity. It's not convenient or logical to talk about right now. 

It will come back when we have a second wave and trump will be to blame. 

Lots of blaming on both sides and no one wants to work together for a good solution. The American people suffer in the meantime. 

• Confused 1