Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

I haven't read this whole thread because I don't want to get caught up in the hype, but if this WaPo link hasn't been posted yet then I highly recommend reading it.  It's a very realistic look at Coronavirus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/02/28/what-you-need-know-about-coronavirus/?arc404=true

How deadly is it?

The good news: Public health officials say the novel coronavirus is less deadly than SARS, which killed about 10 percent of people who were infected during the outbreak that began in 2002. But an urgent question remains: How deadly is it?

As of Feb. 7, about 2 percent of the reported cases had been fatal, but many experts say the death rate could be lower. That’s because early in an outbreak, mild illnesses may not be reported. If only people with severe illness — who are more likely to die — seek care, the virus will appear much more deadly than it really is, because of all the uncounted people with milder symptoms.

Early in the outbreak, one expert estimated that although 2,000 cases had been reported, 100,000 were probably already sick.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:59 PM, tshile said:

delta let’s you use the value of your ticket towards future airfare within a year 

I view those as solid options 

Ummm that's actually standard practice for any situation by most airlines...

• Thanks 1

WTF is up with his eyes? Good gawd paint your entire face orange. 

Pence looks horrible as well. 

Please, somebody asks these dimwits how many of the former pandemic officials they got rid of have been called back to help.

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 1

That's good, making clear not every needs masks and contracting to make sure they dont run out for those that need it, like healthcare workers.

This should've been the first press conference.  They may be trying too hard to stop a panic now.  They repeated what they did, dont care, but they are going to restrict travel more, that's what they said at the last one.

What I want is someone to say how to get tested if I suspect this without getting sick if I'm not.

What do they mean by "risk remain means low"?

Damn, dodging question on troops in South Korea.

Hes gonna close the border, it's only a matter of time u less someone convinces him it will hurt the economy jus as much as Chins coming to a halt, maybe more. 

Dodging question on protecting himself to avoid a panic, interesting.